Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

Legendary catchup: Unlikely.

I'm looking at a 30 minute wait for LFR on my DK and although I can pull 40 quest mobs at once when my better geared rogue can pull like 3, I don't see how the 3k (formerly 6k) valor obstacle and all the assorted RNG collection quests can be overcome before WoW hits version 6.

If you haven't been on top of this shit, you're not going to get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    I'm looking at a 30 minute wait for LFR on my DK and although I can pull 40 quest mobs at once when my better geared rogue can pull like 3, I don't see how the 3k (formerly 6k) valor obstacle and all the assorted RNG collection quests can be overcome before WoW hits version 6.

This will sound like I'm fobbing you off, but isn't that the point?

Having said that, I agree with you in general. Even those who rerolled relatively early are barely on the LMG stage of this chain, never mind the epic cloak. If they were going to make things easier, they'd allow more of the quests to be available at once rather than nerfing the valor requirement which, to be honest, is pretty passive in the main (you naturally accrue the valor as you gather the items).

But the whole expansion has been like this. Either you started it, or you got behind and stayed behind.

Deleted
    it's a reward for playing for whole expansion (or most of it), not an item everybody needs to get (come on it's just a fucking cloak)

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post

Im catching up just fine, with alts i just started playing 1½ month ago.
    I'm not sure what your point is at all with what you're saying. Getting valor through quests or what? what?

Edit:
    Really. 3k Valor is stupidly easy. If you can't even manage to get a legendary that is thrown at you i don't see how they could possible make it easier, except giving you it for free :P
    Last edited by Terridon; 2013-06-28 at 07:48 AM.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Deleted
    I had the same problem, look at your achievements for the real progression.

1000 valor/week is insanely easy now with heroic scenarios, and they already increased the RNG drop of Sigils, they're probably do the same with the ToT RNG item once 5.4 is released. Don't think catching up is impossible, to be honest.

15+ Year Old Account
    Bulls*** to be honest. I started the quest when 5.2 was already out and now I'm collecting Titan Runestones on my way to the epic cloak, got the meta gem last week.
    It's a reward for playing, not for playing the whole expansion.
    The 3k Valor is ridiculously easy, 3 weeks capping is simple as hell. You have long queues for LFR? Start by doing the Durotar weekly, Champions of the Thunder King, and heroic scenarios with bonus objectives. You'll be capped in two days.

If you don't have the will to follow it up, then so be it, less people with the legendary. It's your choice anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    it's a reward for playing for whole expansion (or most of it), not an item everybody needs to get (come on it's just a fucking cloak)
    "Just" a cloak that becomes a legendary with a fairly strong proc on it. Not that I really care. The two characters I care about (paladin and monk) are on 8/12 Runestones, and 3/20 secrets respectively so they are both gunna have their 608 cloaks for 5.4 (or the monk will be within a runestone or two). That and catch up isn't *too* terrible with the drop rate increases they've done (monk didn't even have sigils done with 5.3 launch iirc).
    Last edited by britishbubba; 2013-06-28 at 07:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by arel00 View Post
    Bulls*** to be honest. I started the quest when 5.2 was already out and now I'm collecting Titan Runestones on my way to the epic cloak, got the meta gem last week.
    It's a reward for playing, not for playing the whole expansion.
    The 3k Valor is ridiculously easy, 3 weeks capping is simple as hell. You have long queues for LFR? Start by doing the Durotar weekly, Champions of the Thunder King, and heroic scenarios with bonus objectives. You'll be capped in two days.

If you don't have the will to follow it up, then so be it, less people with the legendary. It's your choice anyway.
    I'm the same I finished leveling my priest when 5.2 was out and this week I got my meta gem, not hard to catch up at all, just need to put time into it

Quote Originally Posted by britishbubba View Post
    "Just" a cloak that becomes a legendary with a fairly strong proc on it. Not that I really care. The two characters I care about (paladin and monk) are on 8/12 Runestones, and 3/20 secrets respectively so they are both gunna have their 608 cloaks for 5.4 (or the monk will be within a runestone or two). That and catch up isn't *too* terrible with the drop rate increases they've done (monk didn't even have sigils done with 5.3 launch iirc).
    So kind of like having an extra trinket. That's great and all, but really I think part of what makes legendary items great is twofold, power and looking badass. Without the looking badass part feels kinda like half a legendary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well your chances are still better than any other legendary would have been. And I can't see it being that hard with the constant drop rate increases and nerfs they are adding to it with each major patch.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by britishbubba View Post
    "Just" a cloak that becomes a legendary with a fairly strong proc on it.
    "Fairly strong" is a pretty dramatic understatement for the tanking one, assuming it works the way some of us currently believe it will.

It's a Legendary, there shouldn't really be a catchup. Those Titan Runestones though are a pain in the @ss.

15+ Year Old Account
    valor is pretty easy to get tbh, the rng part of the quest chain is the bad part....but still that isnt that bad either. Tbh tho, its a legendary quest, why do u feel every alt should be able to get it as easily as a main toon should? I wish they never even implemented this quest chain. I wish they stayed with the WOTLK legendary model...

It's the LEGENDARY Questline (Keyword: LEGENDARY).
    Don't expect it to be doable in a few weeks, fuck me, it's not even hard for god's sake. Just AFK lfr every week until you have everything you need and boom instant rewards for doing nothing.

This is why the damn quest chain should have been tied to Normal/Heroic mode only like previous legendary questlines, I've never seen so many people complain about it being too grindy, too difficult and too long.

15+ Year Old Account
    The bad part about it is if you can't catch up before the next expansion it will be even harder. You can't queue for LFR if you aren't at the right level. So if you level up in the next expansion the Pandaria raids will disappear from the LFR list.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it's pretty easy to do.

I started my second char on the legendary quest chain, finished the 3k valor quest 2 weeks ago and I'm currently on 10 titan stones. I don't expect to have the cloak for SoO release, but I will have it around 2 weeks into it (this all depends when it is released, probably a month from now).

Stop being so damn lazy.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2013-06-28 at 09:05 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't actually have a problem with the catchup being difficult, or impossible over an 8-12 week period. My post is more of a retort to the folks who seem to think that the legendary pretty much hands itself to you if you log in once every couple of months.

If you are a month or so behind, then you can catch up. Two months, probably not.

10+ Year Old Account
    its a reward for playing the entire expansion. not a drop off rag or illidan. it's their subtle way of stopping people who are completionists from not quitting the game.

well i cant quit the game now cause i'm still doing this quest. think about it.
    Hi