Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Freia View Post
    What does the fact that you can chain pull mobs on your dk have to do with you being allowed to catch up faster on the legendary quest?
    I took it to assume he can do dailies/weeklies faster.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    And this is what spaces out those who get the Legendary and who don't.

People think everyone's on the same stage?

I know so many people still on the Quest of Valor and Sigil portions.
    Yeah but those are actually simple and got easier so It shouldn't be too bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post
    Oh boy a solo scenario I've done enough hard shit within the game over my years what I'm saying is simple going afk in LFR for the shit you collect is what I meant as for the fucking challenges solo scenario thing wtfever your talking about? *Rolls eyes I'll crush it just like I've done within my past.

Cocky but I have my reasons kinda of a side effect top tier raiding for so long

Kekekkeekkee
    So you are saying that you are SO good that you feel you are entitled to just afk through the lfrs? If you made an effort things would die faster, ultimately you shouldnt foucs on other peoples performance but your own.

Being nice and giving out tips is also good, makes things go faster.

Now to another matter, I´ve seen your posts after this too. And I gotta wonder if you were one of those people that were just brought along judging from posts (statistics say 3 people in a 25-man raid is just there to fill spots right?).

I´m not bashing your old achievments, I´ve done quite alot of that stuff across several accounts too but the raids are different nowadays. Alot more unforgiving mechanics and you actually have to PAY ATTENTION to cd-usage etc as dps (as you were back in the day). This was non-existent before, or atleast to some scale, the game was more forgiving and focused more on lore.

So please don´t come here with your "elitist" comments when you have 0 experience in the CURRENT raid (the one that matters right now) and please go cry about something else.

OT: I took a break for a few months at the start of MoP (T14 was not very fun imo and was in a bad guild at the time) and I find it kinda hard to catch up, but to be brutally honest I couldve put alot of more effort into it so it´s my own damn fault!

EDIT: If anyone finds any mispells please keep it to yourself, sorry for my english
    Last edited by mmoc6ff6dcef0c; 2013-06-28 at 01:10 PM.

Depends on what they do to the 5.2 steps. If you made it to 90 this week, you will be starting to collect secrets of the empire before 5.4 hits.
    If secrets and runestones can be done in about 3 weeks, too(after being nurfed), you have about 4 month (at least) to get your legendary cloak. Later than everyone else of course, but you would still get it.

Now if you start after 5.4 hits, you might get into trouble. But I dont think thats a bad thing. The legendary quest was kind of a reward for playing the whole expansion (they said they dont like the feeling of all the rewards being worth nothing as soon as a patch hits) So that seems to be working as intended.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

LFR challenging now you're just being silly

TIME and EFFORT =/= LFR

In my experience when I was still subbed every fucking LFR I went had 5-8+ people AFK sitting there with there thumb up you know what while top tier people did the work for us. A lot of majority go afk and still get rewarded why?

Because there's no penalty.

Hell it can be reversed top tier people going afk while all the fucking poorly geared people do the job while the top tier people sit there watching youtube.

Great community.

Oh I do apologise oh great wise one. You obviously know everyones skill levels, and what they find challenging, right?

I do LFR as a healer, now if 2 healers go afk that puts alot more pressure on us healers, specifically because you know it is LFR, people stand in the bad shite. And if there are DPS also afk, then the fight lasts longer, so more healing over a longer time, with less healers, not ot mention you may get tanks that are new to the place, it all adds up and can make for a challengeing situation.

Just because your playing a dps class that feels they can go AFK and that automatically makes LFR a roll over, does not make it true. You are just ignoring all the other things that make up a raid and a fight.

You complain about community, yet you are part of whats making the community awful, by doing the AFK thing and having the attitude you do. So yeah, you proud?

I know you like to show off that you are gods gift, but honestly, I have zero respect for people that act like you, and I'm glad that so far I haven't met anyone like you ingame at all. It gives me hope that there are more decent people playing than not.

Quote Originally Posted by Zellviren View Post
    This will sound like I'm fobbing you off, but isn't that the point?

Having said that, I agree with you in general. Even those who rerolled relatively early are barely on the LMG stage of this chain, never mind the epic cloak. If they were going to make things easier, they'd allow more of the quests to be available at once rather than nerfing the valor requirement which, to be honest, is pretty passive in the main (you naturally accrue the valor as you gather the items).

But the whole expansion has been like this. Either you started it, or you got behind and stayed behind.
    But in this case I think it's appropiate for a legendary quest chain. The problem is that it looks more like a timesink than a fun LEGENDARY quest but it's also pretty simple so if it didn't take so long to go through all the quests then it becomes even less legendary (almost a normal quest...).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    Oh I do apologise oh great wise one. You obviously know everyones skill levels, and what they find challenging, right?

I do LFR as a healer, now if 2 healers go afk that puts alot more pressure on us healers, specifically because you know it is LFR, people stand in the bad shite. And if there are DPS also afk, then the fight lasts longer, so more healing over a longer time, with less healers, not ot mention you may get tanks that are new to the place, it all adds up and can make for a challengeing situation.

Just because your playing a dps class that feels they can go AFK and that automatically makes LFR a roll over, does not make it true. You are just ignoring all the other things that make up a raid and a fight.

You complain about community, yet you are part of whats making the community awful, by doing the AFK thing and having the attitude you do. So yeah, you proud?

I know you like to show off that you are gods gift, but honestly, I have zero respect for people that act like you, and I'm glad that so far I haven't met anyone like you ingame at all. It gives me hope that there are more decent people playing than not.
    Ahaha!!! I don't do it all the time but when I do I smile every time I piss people off like you mind you. I am proud btw and how I've always been as my signature name

Apathy not really giving a shit because there's no penalty in not doing it.

You are saying LFR takes effort because people afk and don't do their job?
    If your group fails because of that you just get buffed untill you can solo heal it. And that takes just a few wipes. A lot of effort? No, not really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    If your group fails because of that you just get buffed untill you can solo heal it. And that takes just a few wipes. A lot of effort? No, not really.
    Shhhh let him think it takes effort it makes it more well ''entertaining' =)
    Last edited by Resentful; 2013-06-28 at 01:21 PM.

Deleted
    A Test of Valor is probably the biggest obstacle still, no matter what it's a flat 3 weeks of VP capping. I have several chars on different stages of the quest chain, 3 so far doing Runestones. Out of every part ToV is definitely the worst and should really of been cut to just 1k, at least with the Secrets and Runestones there's that "buzz" element when the item drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    If you fail because of that you just get buffed untill you can solo heal it. And that takes just a few wipes. A lot of effort? No, not really.
    Except you know I would rather not wipe, so I work my ass off to make up for those AFK'ers and 9/10 times we get through it, and I welcome the extra challenge. I honestly do not give a hoot if people go AFK, so long as the boss goes down, because it actually does make things more challenging. However not everyone in LFR feels like me, some people maybe just can't rise to the challenge when faced with alot of people not doing their part.

I haven't had any wipes in LFR for weeks now, and it feels good knowing I put forth the effort to make that happen, as did the others in the raid that were also you know. doing their part. In some way all those AFK'ers are actually doing me a favour, because it makes the fights more enjoyable for me, the more hectic they are So AFK'ers, thank you! you have made my raid time more enjoyable!

Deleted
    Shhhh let him think it takes effort it makes it more well ''entertaining' =)
    Opinions from players that "quit" the game usually fall on deaf ears, so you're wasting your time. It's obvious what you're trying to do, but you just come across as a bitter kid with nothing constructive to add.
    Last edited by mmocbd02567a48; 2013-06-28 at 01:29 PM.

Ahaha!!! I don't do it all the time but when I do I smile every time I piss people off like you mind you. I am proud btw and how I've always been as my signature name

Apathy not really giving a shit because there's no penalty in not doing it.
    I find it cute you think I am pissed off I believe you sound more aggressive and angry than I do I don't have to raid with you, so why would I feel the need to waste my time being angry lol. I just disagree with your attitude. But again I don't have to *play* with you so who cares?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Opinions from players that "quit" the game usually fall on death ears, so you're wasting your time. It's obvious what you're trying to do, but you just come across as a bitter kid with nothing constructive to add.
    What to incite others? Possibly but in a more subtle form I am planning on coming back eventually simply due to 5.4 and getting my heroic Garrosh mount and if it did fall deaf on ears then they wouldn't reply such as you hm? I haven't truly quit I did play casually aka look it my warlock

---------- Post added 2013-06-28 at 01:27 PM ----------

I find it cute you think I am pissed off I believe you sound more aggressive and angry than I do I don't have to raid with you, so why would I feel the need to waste my time being angry lol. I just disagree with your attitude. But again I don't have to *play* with you so who cares?
    I never said you specifically I only stated people like you which is the greatest part but hey whatever floats your boat and you keep using smiley faces means to me personally that you're trying your best not to be frustrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Stabbylabby View Post
    So you are saying that you are SO good that you feel you are entitled to just afk through the lfrs? If you made an effort things would die faster, ultimately you shouldnt foucs on other peoples performance but your own.
    The harder you try in LFR the more others are going to slack. Maybe it is just better for a hardcore raider to afk there so others actually have some pressure to try to get better. Not that it matters because Blizzard will just nerf the shit out of it. Here you have a buff for when you wipe. People leave at Garalon after two wipes? Wait, we will nerf it.

Normal/heroic raiders shouldn't even feel the need to be in LFR because of this bullshit but otherwise LFR will be a failure because you need players with a little bit of a clue of what to do and you need bodies to fill up the spots and shorten the queues. 1 - 1,5 hour queues are already horrible enough for this feature. I have had pugs that were organized faster than that.

10+ Year Old Account
    The quest line is difficult to stay afloat with if you try to do it with several alts as well. Even though if you play the entire expansion. If you aren't online at insane amounts of hours, you will at some point get stuck at rather earlier stages already.

I have a toon which is now at the quest to kill the Alliance commander in Krasarang.. Minor problem, even on my high pop realm no one does those dailies there anymore. The zone is basically almost abandoned. It's getting tricky now to catch up..
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

What to incite others? Possibly but in a more subtle form I am planning on coming back eventually simply due to 5.4 and getting my heroic Garrosh mount and if it did fall deaf on ears then they wouldn't reply such as you hm? I haven't truly quit I did play casually aka look it my warlock.
    You sound like those folks that buy their way to achievements and mounts. If you have enough gold it's not hard to *look* like your a top end raider. I wouldn't be surprised at all by the amount of people that pay to look *L33t*

Except you know I would rather not wipe, so I work my ass off to make up for those AFK'ers and 9/10 times we get through it, and I welcome the extra challenge. I honestly do not give a hoot if people go AFK, so long as the boss goes down, because it actually does make things more challenging. However not everyone in LFR feels like me, some people maybe just can't rise to the challenge when faced with alot of people not doing their part.

I haven't had any wipes in LFR for weeks now, and it feels good knowing I put forth the effort to make that happen, as did the others in the raid that were also you know. doing their part. In some way all those AFK'ers are actually doing me a favour, because it makes the fights more enjoyable for me, the more hectic they are So AFK'ers, thank you! you have made my raid time more enjoyable!
    You are lucky then. Everytime I did my best (not trying to be cocky but to make a point, 1st in dps on almost all fights and that's about triple the dps the average player does in there) we still wiped to ridiculous things.

I had one LFR group where nearly everyone did their best. That was funny because we just skipped over whole boss phases.

I started raiding on my hunter pretty late into MoP. I also didnt valor cap each week for 3 weeks, leading me to spend some extra time during the 6k (at the time) valor quest. I am now 2/12 into my cloak quest. I think this is very easy to catch up on. But because it offers huge advantages, it cannot just be given to people. It should require time. It took me exactly one week to get the first part of the quest done on my paladin last week. I am now 1/3 into the valor quest. 2 more weeks I will be starting the meta quest, and in literally 1/3 of the time it took me to do it on my hunter. I think that is fine, considering he is an alt. This is to prevent people from picking flavors of the month so easily.

The legendary quest chain is turning out to be one of the things about the expansion I like the least. If it turns out legendary items will be needed for any part of T16 LFR, I'll be dropping my sub then and there. And even if not, the chain is going to be doing nothing to keep me subscribed.

Overall, it was just a bad idea, IMO, of a kind with the overall increased grindiness of the expansion.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"