Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Separate Realm Firsts?

Realm First! Garrosh Hellscream (10 player) (New) First guild on the realm to defeat Garrosh Hellscream in Siege of Orgrimmar on 10-player Heroic difficulty while in a guild group.
    Realm First! Garrosh Hellscream (25 player) (New) First guild on the realm to defeat Garrosh Hellscream in Siege of Orgrimmar on 25-player Heroic difficulty while in a guild group.
    Are these going to be separate? If so, whinging from 10 mans INC!

Gonna laugh when a 25 man guild takes both realm's first.

Deleted
    I love it that theyre seperate.. Its basically a total different race to server first anyway. The only problem I have is what the guy above me posted. A 25 guild being a dick and taking the 10 as well (If there is that big of a difference between #1 25 and #1 10)

Deleted
    as a 25man guild. take the 25man realm first with main raid, 10man with alt raid. Problem 10man ppls?

They could make it so if you have either version, you can't get the other anymore. Problem solved.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    Why would there be any whinging? Oh that's right, there wouldn't, not from proper guilds

---------- Post added 2013-06-28 at 10:03 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Drarion View Post
    as a 25man guild. take the 25man realm first with main raid, 10man with alt raid. Problem 10man ppls?
    If you could do the realm first in a 25man raid, then after, get your alts and do it all over again, on 10 man, before any other guild could get a 10man kill, then you would deserve it.

Deleted
    As a 10-man raider, i don't care.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why should that be a problem. If there is a race where a 10 man and 25 man guild are equal on progression the 25 man team won't have enough time to get the 10 man achievement too. If the 10 man guild is lets say 2 days or even a week behind to finally get it down why should they be rewarded with an achievement when 10 other people just were faster/better and cleared it first.

This change comes too late. 3 years too late. All 25 man guilds on my server shut down by now except us.

If thats true that is an awesome job by blizz, 3 years too late. They do need to ensure that a 25man guild cant take out both of the achieves or, alternatively make it so the same characters cant be present at both kills. Like how for it to be a guild kill you need at least 8 guildies, for it to be a guild kill on a different difficulty you need at least 8 people who hadn't downed the boss before on that difficulty
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)

We're confident the .01% left will be thrilled to attend a post-apocalyptic BlizzCon.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Finally. Should have done this a whole expansion later, but at least it finally happened. Now make them both mutually exclusive so 10 man guild won't complain about 25s stealing their achievement and it's set.

Also - *this* (and virtual realms) is the kind of things that should have been done to "help" 25s, not silly stuff like Thunderforged.

I'm more interested to know how it works with the virtual realm thing. If guilds can be comprised of people on multiple servers, and a guild that has people from say, 3 different realms clears 25man, does that take the realm first achievement for all 3 realms? I wish they had just merged realms, would have made things a bit more simple.

Hopefully it should stem some of the 25s QQ. Would suck to have some top guild on your server that will take both, but most servers don't seem to be in that situation so guess it's a minority issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    I'm more interested to know how it works with the virtual realm thing. If guilds can be comprised of people on multiple servers, and a guild that has people from say, 3 different realms clears 25man, does that take the realm first achievement for all 3 realms? I wish they had just merged realms, would have made things a bit more simple.
    I was under the impression the cross-realm thing was only for flex raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    Why would anyone care.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    If you could do the realm first in a 25man raid, then after, get your alts and do it all over again, on 10 man, before any other guild could get a 10man kill, then you would deserve it.
    You don't get it do you?
    The problem is not 25man raids doing a 10man alt-raid to get both Realm Firsts... 99% of the 25man guilds wouldn't be able to do it anyway, most alt raids of 25man guilds i know aren't able to kill more than 2-3 hcs in ToT for example.

The problem is 25man raids getting Realm First 25man in lets say week 10 and in week 11 they just take their 12-15 best players, clear the instance with overpowered setups (2 warlocks + 2 boomkins if you need it which no 10man raid could affort) and 10 ilvl more than the 10man raids to get the 10man Realm First too... there doesn't even have to be that much of a difference between the guilds... if the 25man raid is Worldrank 200 and the 10man is 300 it's already enough for the 25man raid to do so.

Only being able to get one feast per guild doesn't help either... they could just make a new guild and do it if they want to annoy the 10man raids.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liebchen View Post
    You don't get it do you?
    The problem is not 25man raids doing a 10man alt-raid to get both Realm Firsts... 99% of the 25man guilds wouldn't be able to do it anyway, most alt raids of 25man guilds i know aren't able to kill more than 2-3 hcs in ToT for example.

The problem is 25man raids getting Realm First 25man in lets say week 10 and in week 11 they just take their 12-15 best players, clear the instance with overpowered setups (2 warlocks + 2 boomkins if you need it which no 10man raid could affort) and 10 ilvl more than the 10man raids to get the 10man Realm First too... there doesn't even have to be that much of a difference between the guilds... if the 25man raid is Worldrank 200 and the 10man is 300 it's already enough for the 25man raid to do so.

Only being able to get one feast per guild doesn't help either... they could just make a new guild and do it if they want to annoy the 10man raids.
    You don't get it do you?
    If they can get the kill by then, and there still isn't a 10man kill, then who cares, they deserve the achiev, Because the only people that will care are the "10v25" bitches, and going by their logic, only 25man counts because 10man is apparently easier, so by the time a 25man guild has downed it, 10man should have already.

It's all pointless anyway, this is a game, and the achievs don't belong to anyone, so if a 25man goes for the 10 achiev and get's it first, then they're just a better guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Liebchen View Post
    (2 warlocks + 2 boomkins if you need it which no 10man raid could affort)
    Yeah there have been really no guilds that progressed on tot with two warlocks and at least one boomkin...ah wait...
    Anyways finally something decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    They could make it so if you have either version, you can't get the other anymore. Problem solved.
    This hopefully.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trape View Post
    Gonna laugh when a 25 man guild takes both realm's first.
    Gonna laugh when our 10man group gets both realm firsts.
    http://www.twitch.tv/cheezy_123
    14/14H SoO <Divinity>