Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Legendary cloaks dps/healing +augmentation

Hi guys,

So yesterday I just got the heart of the thunder king and later today I will do my challenge and collect my ilvl 600 cloak. But I am wondering if my choice could screw me over later on.
    I intend to collect the "dps" cloak for my disc priest, but maybe the only augmentation possible is the dps one?

Do you have some thoughts on this? I guess worst case you pay up for a second cloak? - or is that even possible and if so what is the price?

Thanks,
    Ihu

If you want the healing proc later on you'll need to swap to the spirit cloak while not confirmed it is pretty much guaranteed that it will be this way because each celestial is associated with a cloak, some with 2 since there are 6 cloaks so it makes sense to associate the proc with their corresponding cloak, spirit one in the case of healers. you can get dps one now but be ready to have 7k gold spare if you want the healing proc later on.

Knowing blizzard though i can almost guarantee the proc won't be proccing from shields and it will be much inferior for a disc priest compared to say any hot class.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihu View Post
    Hi guys,

So yesterday I just got the heart of the thunder king and later today I will do my challenge and collect my ilvl 600 cloak. But I am wondering if my choice could screw me over later on.
    I intend to collect the "dps" cloak for my disc priest, but maybe the only augmentation possible is the dps one?

Do you have some thoughts on this? I guess worst case you pay up for a second cloak? - or is that even possible and if so what is the price?

Thanks,
    Ihu
    dont know about the proc being item specific or not, no one does yet but I can tell you to get the spirit cape you will first have to delete the previous one and then buy the other for 7k ish gold

Deleted
    I wondered which one to choose but i guess i've got my answer now

Deleted
    I took the dps one anyway since I have WAAAAYYY too much hit as it is already, but good to know just in case.

The DPS augmentation seems very 'meh'... however the healing proc looks nice. As a shadow priest, wonder if it would be viable to switch to the healing cloak and cheese PoM with a Dark Binding glyph. The healing proc seems independent of the heals you actually do, it's a percentage of the life lost.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidsinger View Post
    The DPS augmentation seems very 'meh'... however the healing proc looks nice. As a shadow priest, wonder if it would be viable to switch to the healing cloak and cheese PoM with a Dark Binding glyph. The healing proc seems independent of the heals you actually do, it's a percentage of the life lost.
    I bet it's role based, like a lot of the 5.4 trinkets i'm seeing i.e. the proc will only work with healer specs.

There was already a blue response regarding how "harsh" not being able to have two cloaks in your inventory was for hybrids and that they are looking to fix that with 5.4. I expect to be able to apply any augmentation to any cloak, just like being able to use any meta gem or any sha gem prior. Nothing thus far has been class or spec specific in the ability to gain the rewards, I don't see why it would apply now. Sure it probably won't work/proc for people in other roles, but that doesn't mean they will make it exclusive to the specific cloak.
    Last edited by Sakamae; 2013-06-28 at 04:08 PM.

so... im confused with healing one

it says 3% of your missing hp does that mean if i have 100k hp and is on 50k hp will it heal me 1.5k per second for 3s?? bit confused :/
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    so... im confused with healing one

it says 3% of your missing hp does that mean if i have 100k hp and is on 50k hp will it heal me 1.5k per second for 3s?? bit confused :/
    In its current form yes, its pretty bad because of absorbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder View Post
    In its current form yes, its pretty bad because of absorbs.
    Bad compared to what? How strong it could be? Having nothing at all (I mean, free heals is free heals)?

Jumping on the I-hate-absorbs-*cough-Disc-Priests-*cough* bandwagon is cool and all, but the proc is iffy for a few other reasons as well:

Benefits smaller heals the most...proc a 10k heal on someone at 25% life = bigger proc heal. Things like Riptide, WG, CoH (and we're still unclear on what heals will actually proc) would lend to bigger legendary proc'ed heals, because there's smaller/no chance these will crit and heal a target to full. Which means...

...big heals (and especially ones that crit) do not "benefit" as much from this proc because, as has been noted from time to time, crits on big heals are usually over-heal.

So, yes, absorbs will have an impact on the proc, but that's not the only "limiting" factor (I mean, can you really "limit" something that is "free"? 0 > 1, after all), so please...hate more!

If it procs from Atonement it shouldn't be too bad for low damage phases. During the heavy AoE phases where you have to spam PoH it'll be just as good as for any other class. So while you won't be getting procs when you are setting up for big damage, once the damage actually hits you should be fine (assuming you aren't spamming PW:S).
    Last edited by Amerrol; 2013-07-01 at 07:46 AM.

so if you take the tanking (epic cloak) and then when it comes to legendary (cloak) and u want the dps 1.. you have to pay 7k for it right?

yes we can now see on the database that it requires the specific cloak to get your role's correct proc

depends what rppm/icd for healing one is other wise i might pick up the dps one which i already have

edit: http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/102247-ji...ness-of-chi-ji says your healing grants the target blah blah soo it means its 100% proc rate?? if so its going to be pretty damn awsome....
    Last edited by Soulstrike; 2013-07-04 at 09:12 AM.
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    depends what rppm/icd for healing one is other wise i might pick up the dps one which i already have

edit: Link says your healing grants the target blah blah soo it means its 100% proc rate?? if so its going to be pretty damn awsome....
    The proc mimics Deep Healing from Shaman Mastery. The more HP your target is missing, the more it will heal for.

Deleted
    So based on what mmo shared today, it looks like you would need to have the healing version if you want to get the healing addition for your legendary cloak. Rather sad I would say since the dps cloak secondary stats are more appealing to me.

I guess I have to dish out 7k gold and 500 valor again before 5.4 hits

I'm not sure if they would make it that you need to have the "healing" cloak to get the "healing" enchant. I think they have it paired that way for presentation. I think the cloak enchant will be on the vendor. Just like we have the option for the healing/dps cloak on the vendor, I think we will have the option for both enchants on the vendor as well. Mostly because blizzard cannot predict when someone is going to switch roles (disc --> shadow), all they would need is an enchant change.

Tanks use the DPS meta, some spirit casters could choose the "healing" cloak. I'm not sure they would pigeonhole us with using the spirit only cloak.

At least I hope.
    "It is only the great men who are truly obscene, for if they never dared to be obscene, they never could have dared to be great."

Quote Originally Posted by Heca View Post
    I'm not sure if they would make it that you need to have the "healing" cloak to get the "healing" enchant. I think they have it paired that way for presentation. I think the cloak enchant will be on the vendor. Just like we have the option for the healing/dps cloak on the vendor, I think we will have the option for both enchants on the vendor as well. Mostly because blizzard cannot predict when someone is going to switch roles (disc --> shadow), all they would need is an enchant change.

Tanks use the DPS meta, some spirit casters could choose the "healing" cloak. I'm not sure they would pigeonhole us with using the spirit only cloak.

At least I hope.
    its not an enchant, you trade in your epic for a legendary version that has the proc on it

still to be seen if it will retain the upgrades or will be upgradable once legendary

10+ Year Old Account
    You'll want to get the Healing cloak.

Just reforge it if the base stats aren't what you like. It's still worth it.