Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heca View Post
    I'm not sure if they would make it that you need to have the "healing" cloak to get the "healing" enchant. I think they have it paired that way for presentation. I think the cloak enchant will be on the vendor. Just like we have the option for the healing/dps cloak on the vendor, I think we will have the option for both enchants on the vendor as well. Mostly because blizzard cannot predict when someone is going to switch roles (disc --> shadow), all they would need is an enchant change.

Tanks use the DPS meta, some spirit casters could choose the "healing" cloak. I'm not sure they would pigeonhole us with using the spirit only cloak.

At least I hope.
    The healing proc is confirmed to only be on the Spirit/Mastery/Haste cloak.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    The healing proc is confirmed to only be on the Spirit/Mastery/Haste cloak.
    Thanks heather, can you please provide the confirmation on that statement?

Deleted
    im so confused: in high dmg phases is the hps cloack nice, in low dmg phases the dmg cloack for a disc.

the free healing from the hps cloack is nice, the more life is missing the more will be heald from the cloacks spell.
    but i have to healing.. let a shielt the spell procc? and what about the spirit shel its an absorb too.
    what about the smiting? i smite 90 % from a boss or more and give a shield if needed.
    will the dmg procc not changed into healing in disc specc?
    what about if the healing proc procss from atonement? it will be nice beacause the lowest target will be heald and the more will the procc heal.
    Or is the dmg cloack and the more dmg from adisc better for a progress guild and for a normal raid is the hps cloack ok?

i prefer the dmg cloack because the stats are better and the more dmg is nice too.
    but the more free healing is great (+ atonement) too, but for the disc specc?

it would be great if someone will it with a program test what is bedder.
    what can the discs say that test the bosses on ptr?
    or can blizz say: the dps cloack is only for shadows...

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully you can turn in any of the legendary quest epic cloaks to complete the quest to get any of the legendary cloaks, so that if you currently have the DPS one, you don't have to destroy it and buy the spirit epic cloak just to get the healer legendary cloak.

I'm also hoping that they allow having two of the cloaks, one for off-spec. GC has said, a couple of times, that it's on the table, at least for the epics.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

One thing to remember is that previous legendaries weren't always useful for every spec of a class that could use them and obtained them. Specifically: Val'anyr, Shadowmourne, and Dragonwrath (not counting Atiesh because of severe class/spec imbalance back in the day). Thunderfury is also a whole 'nother ballpark because weren't Hunters originally able to obtain it (also, Prot Palas)?

Could Blizzard use this reasoning to not allow easy swapping between tank/DPS/healing legendary cloaks? We shall see.
    Last edited by Anastacy; 2013-07-08 at 06:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah the datamined capes still have placeholder numbers first off so we really can't draw many 'solid' conclusions. They could look a bit different by the time they hit Live.

15+ Year Old Account
    Is the green Tyrael Wings cloak the DPS cloak? I think I want the more solid wing design from what I'm guessing is the healing cloak

It's probably not a big deal though, both of them are pretty and the rough edges on them suggest to me the graphics department isn't done with them yet.

With those, our T16 having wing proc graphics, and our Glyph of Devouring Plague / Archangel wings - we're going to look like butterflies next tier

*flutters away*
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Dang it Yvaelle, now I'm not as excited because I'm going to think about being a Shadow butterfly.

The REAL question is if the green Yu'lon wings will be in Shadowform.

Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury View Post
    Yeah the datamined capes still have placeholder numbers first off so we really can't draw many 'solid' conclusions. They could look a bit different by the time they hit Live.
    I'd imagine stats wouldn't change at all. Isn't ilvl 600 (608) already higher than anything we will get from SoO? If so, the procs are what could be considered what make them "legendary worthy".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazzeh View Post
    I'd imagine stats wouldn't change at all. Isn't ilvl 600 (608) already higher than anything we will get from SoO? If so, the procs are what could be considered what make them "legendary worthy".
    We got a freaking mount with last x-pac's legendary and that wasn't an x-pac long quest line. I would be surprised if we only got a proc and some wings. Challenge mode sets have effects, the PvP set has effects so if that's all they offer... well I would be surprised and disappointed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury View Post
    Dang it Yvaelle, now I'm not as excited because I'm going to think about being a Shadow butterfly.

The REAL question is if the green Yu'lon wings will be in Shadowform.
    Oh they better be in Shadowform, I'd be angry if they weren't!

What's wrong with being a shadowy butterfly? Pyx (Lulu's Shadow-Faerie companion) is one of my favourite things in LoL

Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    It's like a nightmare.

*makes a cross with fingers and backs away slowly*

Not sure if I like the new proc.

In fact, I'm pretty sure I don't. Speaking mainly as a Disc in 10mans.

Unless absorbs burst into healing, this sounds awful. I end up behind the tanks a good portion of the time in pure overhealing.

Quote Originally Posted by Fungai View Post
    Unless absorbs burst into healing, this sounds awful. I end up behind the tanks a good portion of the time in pure overhealing.
    The legendary proc is fine. It works very well for all specs but Discipline, and Discipline needed a nerf anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    The legendary proc is fine. It works very well for all specs but Discipline, and Discipline needed a nerf anyway.
    The new proc seems pretty god-send for holy, restos and monks.
    On the other side, so was the old "proc".
    Althought the 3% healing increase is a datamine error I hope, or they could have simply gone without it. Unless - of course - it has a uptime from close to 100%. Well, actually even then it's quite meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    A 10 second duration proc for a benefit towards something (overhealing) that will not always be useful...

...on a Legendary cloak.

Yeah, without close to 100% uptime, this effect blows.

Quote Originally Posted by Fungai View Post
    Its not uncommon for an item/talent/ability/proc to favor one class's spec over another spec of the same class. (ie. Terecgosa's Rest for Warlocks, in Cata for example).

At risk of stoning...

Perhaps the "solution" to the Disc problem is simply, "Go Holy, if you want more out of the legendary proc"?. Even still as Disc, you can certainly alter your spell rotation when the proc is active, and frankly you probably should... regardless of class/spec. But you can still do one better... you can alter your spec.

It'd be an interesting turn of events given the "Go Disc" mantra for the last several tiers.

/2copper

The problem being that as long as the absorbs + healing are even close to as good as the throughput Holy has to offer, Disc will remain king. Having the ability to prevent damage always ends up being a more efficient way to heal and causes far less panic when large damage events happen in a raid.
    Not to mention that Disc can drop down to ridiculously low levels of spirit and still not have mana issues, and even healing can do 1/3-1/2 the damage of a dedicated DPS.

The cloak proc feels rather underwhelming. I was hoping for something that could fundamentally change peoples play styles but all this does is make overhealing slightly less bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihu View Post
    Thanks heather, can you please provide the confirmation on that statement?
    Sure.

Go to MMO Champion. Look at the Legendary Cloaks. Notice that the only one with the healing proc is the Chi-Ji cloak with Spirit. The Jade Serpent cloak has a DPS proc, not a healing proc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by derevka View Post
    Perhaps the "solution" to the Disc problem is simply, "Go Holy, if you want more out of the legendary proc"?.
    WHOAH man! You're talking heresy right there!
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama