Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    Sure.

Go to MMO Champion. Look at the Legendary Cloaks. Notice that the only one with the healing proc is the Chi-Ji cloak with Spirit. The Jade Serpent cloak has a DPS proc, not a healing proc.

This doesn't confirm or deny any limitations on the augmentation. Until we know how it will be applied/obtained, we don't know. Just because MMO-C doesn't show a dps cloak with the healing augmentation doesn't mean it can't exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakamae View Post
    This doesn't confirm or deny any limitations on the augmentation. Until we know how it will be applied/obtained, we don't know. Just because MMO-C doesn't show a dps cloak with the healing augmentation doesn't mean it can't exist.
    Don't you think it would have been data mined by now?
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakamae View Post
    I can 100% assure you that the healer proc will only be on the Spirit cloak. There is zero question about this.

I dunno. Overhealing is something healers by default don't really WANT to do. It just happens out of preparation or circumstance. But no healer is TRYING to have a high percentage of their healing as overheal...

So why suddenly reward it so highly like this?

I suppose theres nothing criminal about it, but it would be like the dps cloak boosting DPS by 10% as long as you stand in the fire for its proc duration.... its just sort of silly to put focus on something that been universally bad since the start of the game. There has to be a better way to create a proc thats very strong for most healers, and that doesnt massively bump disc any further.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyrax View Post
    I dunno. Overhealing is something healers by default don't really WANT to do. It just happens out of preparation or circumstance. But no healer is TRYING to have a high percentage of their healing as overheal...

So why suddenly reward it so highly like this?

I suppose theres nothing criminal about it, but it would be like the dps cloak boosting DPS by 10% as long as you stand in the fire for its proc duration.... its just sort of silly to put focus on something that been universally bad since the start of the game. There has to be a better way to create a proc thats very strong for most healers, and that doesnt massively bump disc any further.
    Some healers (Druids, Holy Priests, Paladins, Monks and Shamans) can't help but overheal. Especially the HoT healers (Druids, Monks, Holy Priests).

Also as I said previously, anything which closes the gap between the 5 other specs and Discipline is a good change. Discipline is absurd right now.

See? Every thread gets turned into a "Disc is OP, bla bla bla" thread...even when the thread starts off NOWHERE REMOTELY CLOSE to a healer balance topic. You people really are something.

And let's not even touch the fact that healer balance should NOT hinge on the legendary cloak.

This proc sucks for all healers. If you're a Resto Druid with blanketed HoTs that are overhealing, and the cloak procs, it's still shit because guess what? Your raid covered HoTs are overhealing (which means no damage going out). If your raid covered HoTs ARE healing damage, and this procs...well then the proc is wasted.

The only scenario I can see this as useful is during raid-wide damage...you pick a target and spam heal during proc so all the overhealing gets converted by the proc. How useful is that, ya think?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazzeh View Post
    See? Every thread gets turned into a "Disc is OP, bla bla bla" thread...even when the thread starts off NOWHERE REMOTELY CLOSE to a healer balance topic. You people really are something.

And let's not even touch the fact that healer balance should NOT hinge on the legendary cloak.

This proc sucks for all healers. If you're a Resto Druid with blanketed HoTs that are overhealing, and the cloak procs, it's still shit because guess what? Your raid covered HoTs are overhealing (which means no damage going out). If your raid covered HoTs ARE healing damage, and this procs...well then the proc is wasted.

The only scenario I can see this as useful is during raid-wide damage...you pick a target and spam heal during proc so all the overhealing gets converted by the proc. How useful is that, ya think?
    It's going to work really well with incidental healing.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by Spazzeh View Post

Look at how much MWs, Shamans, Druids, Holy Priests and Paladins overheal during a rampage and then tell me the proc is "useless". Do the same for Fist Smash, or p3 HC Lei Shen, or p2 Ra-den, or p2 Twin Consorts, or DA. There are plenty of fights where HoT classes have their HoTs overheal even during 'large' phases of incoming damage.

Here's an interesting question; Will Disc be in even bigger favor to bring to a raid if they choose the dps cloak for the dps proc for added damage?
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Are you really looking for logic in a game that sends you dragons via the mail service?...

Healing legendary cloak has an RPPM of 1. Thought I'd throw that out there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DPA View Post
    Here's an interesting question; Will Disc be in even bigger favor to bring to a raid if they choose the dps cloak for the dps proc for added damage?
    It almost certainly won't work with Smite, Holy Fire, and Penance.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Deleted
    Well it seems my original question has lost a little of its potency, as I read that we will be able to have the cloaks on "unique equip" rather than "unique cloak of virtue".
    Time to cash up for a second cloak!