Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    the worgen curse has a somewhat confusing backstory
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Scythe_of_Elune
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharli View Post
    Trassk..ffs it's HUMANOIDS not HUMANS.

Worgens= diffrent matter they are cursed = thus immune

Demons= they are bloody demons <.<

All races of Warcraft are more or less humannoid, even the bloody quillboar.

Point being:All Playable races Are humannoid, only differenceal is the Worgens, due to there "curse" or "blessing" as others say.
    Trassk ain't in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenny View Post
    Trassk ain't in this thread.
    I think he was confused by Lorewood using the same avatar that Trassk used at one point.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriss View Post
    Deathbringer Saurfang was an orc. Undead Vrykuls were running all over the place. If I remember correctly Sapph (that Frost DK in the questline) was Blood Elf?

It's been fairly obvious that the Val'kyr can raise everything that's humanoid.
    Or could until they lost power with the LKs death.

Its noted they can't raise non-humans in the quest Lesson in Fear. The Forsaken can't use the bodies of non-humans.

EJL

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Both she and Lor'themar seemed quite serious. I almost wonder if it's a thing that's going to lead onto the Horde banning the use of Necromancy after she uses it on the dead of the Horde races.

Either way if they can do it on Elves then it means they've gotten stronger which kinda means they need to be stopped before the Forsaken literally does become a new Scourge.
    When does she not sound serious? And I wouldn't expect Lor'themar to find it funny.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Without the Lich King's powers, her Val'kyr can only resurrect those of Vrykul lineage.

They can however, resurrect non-humans by sacrificing their life, as seen in the Silverpine quests. However, she has a limited number of Val'kyr.

I assume that her ability to resurrect Blood Elves stems from her experiments on Koltira. He never mentions anything about Orc or any other Horde corpses, only Blood Elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well now we know what is going to become of hellscreams Kor'korn in the undercity. Undead orcs that will be something lol.
    Aye mate

Maybe someone got their hands on frostmourne.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe Sylvanas is making herself an elf flesh golem boyfriend.

10+ Year Old Account
    New hero class: Dark Ranger

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Maybe Sylvanas is making herself an elf flesh golem boyfriend.
    Why the hell would she do that when she has a certain blightcaller for that job?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Exerus View Post
    Yeah blizz didnt think that one through to well. Worgen are not suppose to be able to become undead due to the curse yet they can become DKs.

The Lich King can/could raise anything he wanted to raise from the dead. His minions are not as powerful that is why every PC DK is raised by the Lich King personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokaproductionist View Post
    Why the hell would she do that when she has a certain blightcaller for that job?
    I think nathanos was friendzoned.

or rather: championofthebansheequeenzoned.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostwood View Post
    I was under the impression that the Val'kyr could only raise humans, but according to the sound files blood elves and orcs are no problem either.

Does this suggest that they can pretty much raise nearly anything?
    As far as I know it's stated that THE PLAGUE Kel'thuzad released could only target Humans and Elves, and that's why we don't have short undead.

BUT, it's possible to raise other races, through direct use of necromancy. That's why we have Vrykul, Dragons, Nerubians, and even a TAUREN undead.

Quote Originally Posted by Dehmona View Post
    Didn't a Val'kyr raise the Vrykul boss at the end of Utgarde Keep? So I think they could raise most humanoids.
    But wheren't those direct anestors of the humans in WoW?
    I always thought they can raise humans because they could raise Vrykul (which is what they themselfes where before they became Val'kyr).

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a dwarven undead that is part of the royal apothecary society, but isn't in game. Can't remember her name though.

What about necromancy ? was that banned or people simply forgot how to do it because it was usually used by the scourge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerN View Post
    There's a dwarven undead that is part of the royal apothecary society, but isn't in game. Can't remember her name though.

What about necromancy ? was that banned or people simply forgot how to do it because it was usually used by the scourge.
    Most human Forsaken and all non-human Forsaken are liberated Scourge.

Necromancy is banned by the Kirin Tor. They kicked Kel'thuzad out for researching it. It stands to reason that it would be banned in the Alliance as well. Whether or not the Horde bans it, who knows? My guess is that the Horde probably bans it too.

---------- Post added 2013-06-28 at 12:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    As far as I know it's stated that THE PLAGUE Kel'thuzad released could only target Humans and Elves, and that's why we don't have short undead.
    Plague of Undeath was specifically designed and tested by Ner'zhul to convert humans into undead. Other species are affected differently by the Plague. Any non-human species in the Scourge were raised through necromancy.

Ner'zhul cast a plague of undeath - which had originated from deep within the Frozen Throne, out into the arctic wasteland. Controlling the plague with his will alone, he drove it straight into the human village... Over the following months, Ner'zhul continued to experiment with his plague of undeath by subjugating every human inhabitant of Northrend.
    --Icecrown and the Frozen Throne (in-game book)

Through the course of his experimentations, Ner'zhul insured that the affliction would specifically target humans for “undeath”. Though non-human races and creatures (and even the land itself) were susceptible to the plague, it was humanity in particular that Ner'zhul meant to scour from the world. As a result, infected flora and fauna reacted differently--diseased and decaying, but not truly undead, and not under the thrall of the Lich King.

Hence, while undead representatives certainly do exist among the ranks of the non-human races, these particular agents are examples of undead created through necromancy rather than the plague.

--Old worldofwarcraft.com page on the undead plague
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-06-28 at 07:44 PM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas doesn't need a plague, she just needs her Val'kyr.

She won't be Lich Queen, she'll be Val'kyr Queen.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    New hero class: Dark Ranger
    This please please please!!!$!

10+ Year Old Account
    Any humanoid. There's an undead gnome in Tirisfal Glades.