Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Maybe Lor'thremar doesn't know her Val'kyr can only raise humans, and she's bluffing and/or making a (sick) joke.

Or maybe she got some Necromancers on the payroll.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Insarius View Post
    Worgen Death Knight.
    Worgen death knights aren't exactly from behind the wall, though. I'm not exactly sure the curse applies to them since they are the "original" worgens of Arugal.

From the DK starting quests.
    Come to finish the job, have you?
    You'll look me in the eyes when...
    <Name>?
    <Name>, I'd recognize that face anywhere... What... What have they done to you, <name>?
    You don't remember me? We were both servants of Arugal back in Silverpine Forest. We put up with his merciless torture for ages. It was you who saved me on that fateful night when we escaped Shadowfang Keep.
    Without you I would have died. YOU! The most noble worgen I ever knew.
    What have they done to you, <name>? How could this have happened?
    Remember the worgen you once were, <brother/sister>! You were our savior! Fight this!
    Listen to me, <name>. You must fight against the Lich King's control. He is a monster that wants to see this world - our world - in ruin. Don't let him use you to accomplish his goals. You were once a hero and you can be again. Fight, damn you! Fight his control!
    Knight Commander Plaguefist yells: What's going on in there? What's taking so long, <name>?
    There... There's no more time for me. I'm done for. Finish me off, <name>. Do it or they'll kill us both. <Name>... Remember Gilneas, our beloved home. This world is worth saving.
    Do it, <name>! Put me out of my misery!
    Last edited by mmoc63d91da705; 2013-06-28 at 09:59 PM.

Deleted
    I remeber blizzard leaders short stories. Lor'themar was kind of under the boots of Sylvanas. Now he stands up against her(using belfs corps as potential new forsaken). Proud of him.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    As far as I know it's stated that THE PLAGUE Kel'thuzad released could only target Humans and Elves, and that's why we don't have short undead.

BUT, it's possible to raise other races, through direct use of necromancy. That's why we have Vrykul, Dragons, Nerubians, and even a TAUREN undead.
    No, the plague was used only in human cities and encampments. There were very few other races around.

Nothing official has ever stated the plague could not work on non-humans nor does the quest referring to non-human corpses infer they can't use them due to their race.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    No, the plague was used only in human cities and encampments. There were very few other races around.

Nothing official has ever stated the plague could not work on non-humans nor does the quest referring to non-human corpses infer they can't use them due to their race.
    Through the course of his experimentations, Ner'zhul insured that the affliction would specifically target humans for “undeath”. Though non-human races and creatures (and even the land itself) were susceptible to the plague, it was humanity in particular that Ner'zhul meant to scour from the world. As a result, infected flora and fauna reacted differently--diseased and decaying, but not truly undead, and not under the thrall of the Lich King.

Hence, while undead representatives certainly do exist among the ranks of the non-human races, these particular agents are examples of undead created through necromancy rather than the plague.

--Old worldofwarcraft.com page on the undead plague

Our enemies are becoming smarter - adapting to our tactics. Recently an attack was made upon Pyrewood Village, southwest of here. Our troops occupying the town were decimated, of course, but what made the attack especially interesting was the racial composition of the attacking force. No humans were used.

<Walden laughs.>

Rightfully, they fear being reanimated as Forsaken.

Let us teach the non-humans a lesson in fear. Together we will show them what happens to corpses that we cannot use.

--Quest: Lessons in Fear
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-06-28 at 11:17 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    [I] Though non-human races and creatures (and even the land itself) were susceptible to the plague, it was humanity in particular that Ner'zhul meant to scour from the world.
    Come on. It's even in your own post.

Read onwards, only humanity was raised, the rest would be affected by not raised.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Read onwards, only humanity was raised, the rest would be affected by not raised.
    I think that was retconned though, because the blighted squirrel tooltip on the pet journal describes the behavior of "undead squirrels", so the plague affects squirrels as well (unless some bored necromancer has been walking around in the plaguelands and silverpine forest raising squirrels).
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    I read onwards prior to making my post.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Plague "working" means turning the victims into Scourge. That was the entire design goal for the Plague. Does it affect non-humans? Yes, but the Plague doesn't turn them into Scourge, therefore it doesn't work on them.

The Plague "working" means turning the victims into Scourge. That was the entire design goal for the Plague. Does it affect non-humans? Yes, but the Plague doesn't turn them into Scourge, therefore it doesn't work on them.
    unless they are squirrels lol

---------- Post added 2013-06-28 at 11:33 PM ----------

oh, and the fawns are also undead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    I think that was retconned though, because the blighted squirrel tooltip on the pet journal describes the behavior of "undead squirrels", so the plague affects squirrels as well (unless some bored necromancer has been walking around in the plaguelands and silverpine forest raising squirrels).
    The Plague can make non-humans sorta undead, but they are not Scourge and they are not under the LK's control. "Infected flora and fauna reacted differently--diseased and decaying, but not truly undead, and not under the thrall of the Lich King."

---------- Post added 2013-06-28 at 04:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    unless they are squirrels lol

---------- Post added 2013-06-28 at 11:33 PM ----------

oh, and the fawns are also undead.
    Again, they aren't turned into Scourge. They aren't under the LK's control. For Plague to work, it has to turn the victims into Scourge under the LK's control. That was it's purpose and that function only works on humans.

The Plague can make non-humans sorta undead, but they are not Scourge and they are not under the LK's control. "Infected flora and fauna reacted differently--diseased and decaying, but not truly undead, and not under the thrall of the Lich King."
    they are trully undead, at least the journal describes them as undead (and not "sorta undead"). they aren't under the thrall of the lich king, but I doubt the lich king would find many uses for an army of squirrels anyway lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Proof of such?

We have commanders in the Scourge army of all races, so by all means, explain to me what "working" means to non human victims, lol. Including the horses (in SFK, for example) who are clearly undead from eating the grain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Proof of such?

We have commanders in the Scourge army of all races, so by all means, explain to me what "working" means to non human victims, lol. Including the horses (in SFK, for example) who are clearly undead from eating the grain.
    FFS, actually read the sources before you argue against them: "Hence, while undead representatives certainly do exist among the ranks of the non-human races, these particular agents are examples of undead created through necromancy rather than the plague."

The entire purpose of Plague is to turn the victims into undead under the LK's control. If they aren't under the LK's control or they aren't turned into undead, it's a FAILURE and DOESN'T WORK.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-06-28 at 11:40 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    FFS, actually read the sources before you argue against them: "non-human races, these particular agents are examples of undead created through necromancy rather than the plague."
    No shit. Because the plague was focused in Lordaeron and the surrounding areas where other races rarely visited. You will notice that there were ELVEN VICTIMS OF THE PLAGUE.

10+ Year Old Account
    No shit. Because the plague was focused in Lordaeron and the surrounding areas where other races rarely visited. You will notice that there were ELVEN VICTIMS OF THE PLAGUE.
    The entire purpose of Plague is to turn the victims into undead under the LK's control. If they aren't under the LK's control or they aren't turned into undead, it's a FAILURE and DOESN'T WORK.

Show me an instance where an elf was turned into an undead minion of the LK by PLAGUE ALONE.

Deleted
    i wouldn't deem them too much of a danger anyway, there were initialy only 9 of them left after the lich king's fall... and right now there are only 4 of them in existance
    from our past experiance we know it takes 3 of their lives to revive sylvanas so she is prolly keeping atleast 3 next to herself just for the case she catches a bullet again
    so by my maths only 1 of them could be dangerous for us ;D

Quote Originally Posted by -Zait- View Post
    Any humanoid. There's an undead gnome in Tirisfal Glades.
    It's not an undead gnome it's a lepper gnome affected by the radiation they caused when they nuked their own city, the undead questgiver near him says this creature isn't affected by the same kind of plague that us
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Welcome to the Alliance, faction of compromises and unfulfilled desires. Want Vrykul? Here is compromise in form of kul tiran half giants we never heard of. Wanna High elves? Here is compromise in form of void elves we never heard of. Wanna broken draenei? awww fuck it
    About ganking ("world pvp") being dead now
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Maybe you could wear a mask and push over little kids while they walk home from school instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    i wouldn't deem them too much of a danger anyway, there were initialy only 9 of them left after the lich king's fall... and right now there are only 4 of them in existance
    from our past experiance we know it takes 3 of their lives to revive sylvanas so she is prolly keeping atleast 3 next to herself just for the case she catches a bullet again
    so by my maths only 1 of them could be dangerous for us ;D
    actually I counted many more than 9 val'kyr on sylvanas' attack against the alliance in the plaguelands. she may have had only 9 greater val'kyr that made a pact with her and can revive her when she dies, but she has a friggaton of other val'kyrs that can raise humans just fine.