Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Themerlin View Post
    Only 2 expansions left - (90-95, 95-100)<snip>
    Who says? As long as they are making money, they will still be making WoW expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Crysis View Post
    What I want:
    - Updated models, demon-hunter hero class, revamped and expanded Outland + South Seas, new dungeons (Tomb of the Sargeras)/scenarios (Ressurecting Illidan)/raids (invading Argus Citadel) while also Wrathion going rogue on us (I sense there is going to be some kind of alliance between him and the Legion .. since he will do everything to ensure he gets what he wants - which is more power, obviously), Sylvanas leaving the Horde with the rest of the undeads (not on her side) going to seek refuge in the Orgrimmar (main city of the New Horde, which is now ruled by Vol'jin) becoming the most extinct race on Azeroth / Draenei on the other side being almost completely wiped out by the Legion with only few survivers left in Stormwind, High Elves returning and joining with the Blood Elves, giving them even more forces to take the Lordaeron from the Sylvanas (whos fled to Northrend in order to posses the power of the Lich King), Princess Calia appearing in Stormwind, falling slowly in love with Varian and becoming the new Queen, Anduin becoming High Priest (while promising to stay virgin for the rest of his life), ghost of Aegwynn appearing to Jaina and telling her to leave the Alliance so that she can restore the powerful Order of Tirisfal, find Med'an and join forces in order to attack Sargeras. Of course most of the events would have to happen in a novel, which I believe is being written as we speak anyway.

What is really going to happen:
    - Updated race models and I have no idea except even more simplified content as usually
    There's a lot of problems with that--Wrathion wants what's best for Azeroth and he's testing us to make sure we can handle the Burning Legion. He isn't evil but he's willing to do morally grey things in order to get his goals. I'm not sure about the focus on this expansion you laid out. It seems that Outland will be revamped (meaning a Legion focus) and also the South Seas and raiding on Argus? Why would they waste a whole planet just on one instanced raid? And I don't see the Draenei ever getting wiped out because the Exodar is repaired and fully functional as of the Velen leader short story.

Quote Originally Posted by Ewilan View Post

For new players, as amazing the discovery and exploration can be, and it was when I leveled my hunter early WoLK — my first title was the Explorer, before 70 (68 or 69 I guess) —, they basically start with the oldest content available, i.e. soon 10 years old stuff. Not sure at all it's the best the game can offer to new players. Imagine they start playing with a pandaren monk. The wandering island, very nice place, up to date models and landscapes, story and quests. When leaving the isle, they are offered the oldest content available. Wandering island, the going through the Elwynn forest or worst, Durotar. Seriously? The experience is pretty much the same the worgens and goblins. DKs can pretty much immediately jump to Outland, skipping the old stuff. Part of it at least.
    They updated the 1-60 content for cataclysm though and there's no reason for a Pandaren character to do a starting zone aside from achievements and rep with the faction. They'd move on to Westfall or The Northern Barrens which is much more recent than 10 years old.
    Last edited by Recondition; 2013-06-29 at 12:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    More important than new races/classes etc is a new continent. It has to be Xoroth/Argus.

I read somewhere that the emerald dream is more a 'plane' of azeroth than a new continent per se, but you never know with Blizz, they might whip something amazingly new up with it, and those 4 portals in Feralas-Duskwood-Ashenvale-Hinterlands are still there. Maybe we'll see the dragon aspects returning to an important role such as portal guardians once again or somesuch.

Deleted
    I hope it's a new alternativa character advancement system (Path of the Titans?) and not 4th specs. I'd like a 4th spec for my characters, mind you, the whole Ranged Paladin DPS (Shockadin) as a true spec would be awesome and at least a second spec to use int plate but it would be hell to balance PvP around so many specs and possible combos.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Recondition View Post
    ... raiding on Argus? Why would they waste a whole planet just on one instanced raid?.
    Exactly, Argus will be a whole continent or perhaps part of 2 expansions.

We better get 10 levels this time, or im'a unsub... ; ;

Quote Originally Posted by Krixooks View Post
    I see that as much more likely especially now that the Exodar is repaired and can travel between dimensions--though I'm not sure how the horde would manage to get there.

Deleted
    I think, really, that the next expansion will involve A LOT the emerald dream.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krixooks View Post
    Personally I want Xoroth to be the next continent/planet for the expansion. Nathrezim > Eredar.

Argus should be reserved as the last part of an expansion, facing head to head with Sargeras.

---------- Post added 2013-06-28 at 09:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by HomeHoney View Post
    We better get 10 levels this time, or im'a unsub... ; ;
    Already unsubbed! Pandaria was a lame attempt in entering the chinese/asian markets, I hope they catter to WoW fans by making the burning legion expansion trully epic, otherwise the 8mill mark will likely drop further.
    Last edited by Themerlin; 2013-06-29 at 01:01 AM.

All I want really is updated character models... The ones from vanilla are just way too outdated.
    Draenor EU: Archavious - Level 120 Warlock ; Loaen - Level 120 Demon Hunter ; Arathia - Level 120 Paladin ; Mitosis - Level 110 Priest ; Toreck - Level 110 Hunter ; Aeralinde - Level 110 Mage ; Crikey - Level 110 Warrior

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aljung View Post
    I personally don't see undead paladins being that far fetched.
    As a class using the same mechnics? Sure. As **Paladins**? No.

About the Spellbreakers (thought spellwarden was wrong ;P): I don't think Blizzard needs to make a spellbreaker class, but rather a class inspired by it. I had to think of them because they also had fairly heavy armor, medium attacking range and a shield in warcraft 3. Call the new class whatever you want - its lore being tied to the story of the new expansion. It is the one thing that is missing from the game, and I don't see how any very different class would be a better fit.
    Give a Spellbreaking ability to either Paladins or warriors. Both fit in different ways. Voila - Spellbreaker. That's really all it would take.

EJL

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm hoping for the following;

-A new class based on technology
    -A revamp of Rogues, Hunters, and Shaman
    -An expansion of the current talent system
    -Remodels of Vanilla and TBC races
    Last edited by Teriz; 2013-06-29 at 02:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Among many other things ...

• New Races: Ogres for the Horde and High Elves for the Alliance!

(I know I know, I'm too redundant ... but hey! It's about time right?)
    I just want to slap you people each time you mention high elves.

It's NOT going to happen, like ever. Unless Blizzard wants to go back to Vanilla's idea of faction balancing. PvP queues took forever and the horde were significantly outnumbered. I hate the blood elves, always have but they're what helps keep people playing horde, literally.

If the alliance got high elves we'll probably see another alliance spike and the horde player base will diminish. Seriously who wants to go back to vanillas balancing and stupidly long queue times? I sure as hell do not.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themerlin View Post
    Only 2 expansions left - (90-95, 95-100)

Next Expansion #5 - Revenge of The Burning Legion

Begining with the destruction of Darnassus, and the re-corruption of orcs(not sure which clan), the Burning Legion places its mark on Azeroth forever. As we frantically set up defences against this demonic invasion, the Dranei have discovered a portal to Xoroth from ancient Azhara. Unfortunatly, alongside the rizen land, Queen Azhara returns with her own plans for this demonic gateway. A few brave heroes take the portal alongside various Legion oriented factions. In the demon infested planet of Xoroth, players see remnants of the Titans there as well, but warped and ancient beyong belief. The Twisting Nether, and the Emerald Dream are explained as players discover what the Old Gods are, a secret that Sargeras himself knew, which eventually corrupted him.

Patch 6.0 - Destruction of Darnassus, exodus of the elves , rise of the a corrupted orc legion

Patch 6.1 - Azhara's return unto land alongside corrupted Naga (Old God Influence?!?!)

Patch 6.2 - Xoroth discovered, landing party formed

Patch 6.3 - The Twisting Nether corrupting The Emerald Dream,players will face battles to free the dream from the demonic infiltration in Azeroth as well as Xoroth

Patch 6.4 - The curse of the flesh revealed.

(no new races, Demon Hunter class, Azhara and Xoroth available, Corrupting Force available for talent augmentation{20%})

Xoroth

Final Expansion #6 - Fall of The Titans

As the burning legion was defeated by the invading forces in Xoroth, an ancient beacon was activated, and beyond the "great beyond", the Pantheon awakens from its slumber. Amanthu'l proclaims this act by the Azerothians as disturbing the balance of the Universe, and declares a cleansing of the corruption that is Azeroth. Players will protect their realm from utter destruction by the titans by learning new paths of power. The Path of The Titans and The Path of The Old Gods will encorporate epic/legendary skills and objects to prepare the player for the final war.

Patch 7.0 - Aggramar arrives in Azeroth, all former Titan complexes are activated. "Titan Re-allignment" begins!

Patch 7.1 - Factions battle to claim the activated Titan complexes, as well as attempting to stop Aggramar from completing his mission.

Patch 7.2 - Unspecified Old God corrupts a newly activated Titan Complex near Tirrisfal Glades causing havoc across the world. Players discover "Uldukas"(made up) as they attempt to destroy the old god, before the corruption infects all of Azeroth.

Patch 7.3 - The return of the titans. All of azeroth trembles. The Titans wreak havoc as they try to reverse the curse of the flesh and the corrupting influence in the Universe. Players will attempt to stop/slow them down, while gaining knowledge and experience from each encounter with the Titans.

Patch 7.4 - Aman'Thul's Revelations

(Path of The Titans and Path of The Old Gods available to players, Titan complexes and orbiting Pantheon as new areas, new race???? {Faceless Ones})
    2 expansions left lost me right away.

Then I read about the re-corrupting of the Orcs and destruction of the Night Elves and I had to post to tell you how bad that idea is.

---------- Post added 2013-06-28 at 09:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    I just want to slap you people each time you mention high elves.

It's NOT going to happen, like ever. Unless Blizzard wants to go back to Vanilla's idea of faction balancing. PvP queues took forever and the horde were significantly outnumbered. I hate the blood elves, always have but they're what helps keep people playing horde, literally.

If the alliance got high elves we'll probably see another alliance spike and the horde player base will diminish. Seriously who wants to go back to vanillas balancing and stupidly long queue times? I sure as hell do not.
    It's literally the only option we have.

Ogre is inevitable, and support for it is building relative to the decreasing chances to add it.

Alliance has only 2 viable race additions left, High Elf and Broken.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

LFR will be removed with flex raiding to take its place.

So many "I'm gonna quit if they won't add X feature" threats. They probably won't and they definitely won't add X because of such threats. You guys should probably quit right now if X is the only thing that matters to you. Otherwise X isn't such a big deal.

So much hate for High Elves. "Nobody wants them", "it's stupid", "too many elves", bla-bla-bla. I'm pretty sure the number of people who want High Elves is by far larger than those who are opposed to their addition. HElves were in W3, and current Blood Elves used to be a part of the Alliance story-wise and it's only natural for people to want them. For you edgy people who can't stop arguing how elves are awful and you hate them, just calm down already! If your argument is "bring anything else, but High Elves", then you are just like the people who scream "remove LFR" as they can't stand other people having fun.

However if you want to have another race instead of High Elves or Blood Elves going neutral, then you should promote that and not undermine other people's wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Baine View Post
    Scenarios are fine. People get bored of running the same 2 dungeons during content tier. Geez people have no memory. So the hell to dungeons during patchs cycles.
    I agree to a certain degree. We all get very bored of new dungeons that comes out since we can grind them out. To me dungeons/scenarios is more about telling a story while you defeat some mobs in them. The scenarios do this better than the dungeons I think.

The only issue I got with the current model of gearing, is the queue times.. I queue for LFRs with my orc tank, and I got to wait up to 1 hour for every wing I queue for. When I wait I do other things, sometimes im totally afk and do other things in the house..

They should remove all the wings for Mogu shan and HoF. Mogu shan can be 1 lfr queue time.

Dungeons were nice for gearing, lfr is a long queue :/ btw, I dont really miss the dungeon grinds but it was a fast and easy way to gear your alts up.

Whats coming in next xpac? A new feature where you can progress your character that will kind of replace a million dailys. Im sure there will be dailys, but I believe Blizzard will cook something new up for us on how to progress our characters.

---------- Post added 2013-06-29 at 10:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ewilan View Post
    Leveling… Leveling and reboot...

For players with max level toons, the leveling process is face roll. Heirlooms of course, but not only: skills and knowledge of the game helps tremendously. I just leveled a warlock, and I was able to steamroll pet tanking all along the dungeons open for my level. Of course you can make it more challenging by not using heirlooms, not using blue drops, or even running naked or in whites. How many players do? Redoing the same ol'content again and again?

For new players, as amazing the discovery and exploration can be, and it was when I leveled my hunter early WoLK — my first title was the Explorer, before 70 (68 or 69 I guess) —, they basically start with the oldest content available, i.e. soon 10 years old stuff. Not sure at all it's the best the game can offer to new players. Imagine they start playing with a pandaren monk. The wandering island, very nice place, up to date models and landscapes, story and quests. When leaving the isle, they are offered the oldest content available. Wandering island, the going through the Elwynn forest or worst, Durotar. Seriously? The experience is pretty much the same the worgens and goblins. DKs can pretty much immediately jump to Outland, skipping the old stuff. Part of it at least.

Ditch the lowest levels, start with Pandaria — or even the current content — and give players reasons to explore the old world through pet battles or... Old world zone levels normalized up to the Jade forest level, quests giving the same XP whatever the old world zone.

It's not about making the leveling faster, it's about offering new players the new stuff, purposely better and up to date, instead of the one decade old stuff.
    I agree with you. Theres alot of outdated and bad content in the old part of wow that just dont fit in anymore. It did many years ago, not now. For a new player its a very long journey to max level.
    Follow me on twitter @crusadernero
    Nero - Human Retribution Paladin on Burning Blade EU.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post

Flex raiding looks like a flop too. I hope next expansion normal and heroic raiding will be flexible 11-24 instead of bloating gear even further with yet another ilvl bracket.
    what?? Flex is going to be next big thing in WoW. Thats exactly what people from casual guild wanted.

Deleted
    Armor dyes. I want them, give them to me blizzard. I could spend hours making sets if I could make the colours match....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Flex raiding looks like a flop too.
    It hasn't even gone live. Hell, I don't think it's even up in the PTR and yet it's already a flop?

I'm calling it. The next expansion is a flop too. I don't know what it is, I don't know what it'll be called or what'll happen but it's gonna be a flop because I'm a spoiled little shit and I said so.