Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    And? They had an army of Old God minions and we weren't right on their heels or anything. He obviously lost his favor with his masters and he's being punished for it.
    But...a giant squid shouldn't overpower an elemental lord

q_q

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post
    Guy is the strongest fucking elemental lord and he has an army of water elementals cmon now at his disposal in addition WE we're there haha.
    I don't think you can beat water with water, and 5 people don't beat minions of N'Zoth, 10/25 do. :3
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Neptulon was suposed to be the strongest Elemental Lord, yet he dies to Murlocs... Pathetic.

I was expecting we would see Neptulon in the end of Cataclysm as a hook to the Azshara expansion. But then, Pandaria came... And the Neptulon plot was simply forgotten.

There simply is not enogh motivation to continue that. I believe when we meet Azshara, the storyline will simply be as follow: "Oh, we killed Neptulon, he dropped a purple Trident which we used to empower N'zoth, so he can kick your arsses, silly players!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    Myself and many others consider Firelands one of the best raids in the game...

The only real negative about it was the amount of bosses but Heroic Rag is one of the best encounters the games ever had.
    One boss doesn't make a raid amazing.

q_q
    Unless the giant squid (a member of the faceless ones with the power from N'zoth) is strong enough to subdue him a long with azahara. The only thing we know is he's an elemental lord not really how strong he is.

We will see him again when Azhara comes back to free n'zoth.

you underestimate the powah of tentacle's.

10+ Year Old Account

q_q
    A giant squid plus an entire army of naga and faceless. There's a difference. All we know is that he WAS the strongest, thousands of years ago when he was still loyal to his gods. Doesn't mean he still is especially since he's obviously turned on them. Considering krakken are supposed to be his servants and they were still able to take control of it it seems he's not hot shit anymore.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of talk about Neptulon recently. I imagine the Felled Leviathan on the Isle of Thunder with the suspiciously Neptulon-esque trident/spear impaling it has triggered such?
    Butts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    My memory is a bit foggy on it but I remember the Neptulon stuff ending pretty openly. I was left with the impression that he's not gone forever at the very least.
    I hope for this atleast
    “We all know interspecies romance is weird.”
    ― Tim Burton

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazroshka View Post
    A lot of talk about Neptulon recently. I imagine the Felled Leviathan on the Isle of Thunder with the suspiciously Neptulon-esque trident/spear impaling it has triggered such?
    I believe that's just a environment thing to show trolls have murdered the thing lol

Deleted
    He was most likely taken to Nazjatar as Azshara's plaything, or Ny'alotha, where N'Zoth would try to corrupt his to will to serve him once more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazroshka View Post
    Yeah, about that "Neptulon-esque spear" people are getting a hard on about.

There are piles of them all over the place right next to the launchers the trolls are using to shoot them. Sorry to burst your lore bubbles guys.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    no. that was before throne of thunder. in throne of thunder, neptulon and the players fight against ozumat and the faceless ones.
    Hum Throne of the Tides...

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    the players defeat the faceless ones, but at the end, ozumat grabs neptulon and runs away with him. we don't know what happens next.
    I think you are confused.
    At the end of the Vashj'ir quest line, Ozumat fights Neptulon who underestimates him, which permits Lady Nazjar to incapacitate him and push him back further in his fortress of the Throne of the Tides.
    Then in the actual instance, we purge Lady Nazjar and her minions, then repel the monster by activating the electrical defense system of the Throne.
    At the end we find Neptulon in a weakened state and help him recover his powers by killing his faceless assaillants.
    In the final fight with Ozumat, we fight with the help of Neptulon and his pure water, and wound Ozumat enough to make him flee.

At the moment, Neptulon is in the Throne of the tides, recovering and trying to purge his plane from influence.
    Ozumat didn't kidnap him.

OT : Ozumat is not some squid, he's a powerful servant of the Naga and the Patriarch of the Krakens. He's an Ancient like Goldrinn or Aggamaggan. So him + treachery from Lady Nazjar + loads of Faceless = Neptulon overrun.
    Same thing happened to Ragnaros when he was pushed back in the Firelands by Malfurion, Cenarius and Hamuul at the end of the Hyjal questline

I want a tameable octopus/squid family for hunters with Ozumat's model as a rarespawn.

I would totally call it 'Harbinger' or a synonym of that.

Aaaanyway.. Blizzard has said that they are not returning to it anytime soon because it was a part of Cataclysm's story, and Cataclysm is over. I too am disappointed with this, as it totally killed a pattern there was that was established (every patch = kill Elemental Lord, minus Therazane) and because another potentially cool underwater raid was killed off for rehashed raids turned dungeons.

That said, in a way, it might be a good thing, as they can now focus on giving Neptulon a proper bossfight amongst N'zoth and Ozumat as raidbosses in the inevitable Azshara expansion. I can't wait to see what they'll do with him, because I'm fairly sure they'll do something with him.

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Yeah, about that "Neptulon-esque spears" people are getting a hard on about.

There are piles of them all over the place right next to the launchers the trolls are using to shoot them. Sorry to burst your lore bubbles guys.
    Yeah, I was pretty skeptical myself about it. First time seeing those spears though, guess that busts that myth xD I imagine if they were going to shove a huge plot point like that in they would have named the "Felled Leviathan" as Ozumat straight up. I started disbelieving it possible upon the size and colour of the felled Leviathan anyway.
    Butts.

Quote Originally Posted by Phyl View Post
    At the end of the Vashj'ir quest line, Ozumat fights Neptulon who underestimates him, which permits Lady Nazjar to incapacitate him and push him back further in his fortress of the Throne of the Tides.
    Then in the actual instance, we purge Lady Nazjar and her minions, then repel the monster by activating the electrical defense system of the Throne.
    At the end we find Neptulon in a weakened state and help him recover his powers by killing his faceless assaillants.
    In the final fight with Ozumat, we fight with the help of Neptulon and his pure water, and wound Ozumat enough to make him flee.

At the moment, Neptulon is in the Throne of the tides, recovering and trying to purge his plane from influence.
    Not to burst your bubble mate but i think you're confused. The last thing Ozmut does as he "flees" is shoot out a tentacle and snatch up Neptulon before swimming off. It's also why you get your loot from a chest and Neptulon isn't around in the room.

No.

Go to Throne of Tides again and carefully pay attention when Ozumat "dies". It is very quick, but you see Ozumat pulling Neptulon towards him and then fleeing.

It is very easy to miss that. I myself didn't understand what happened at the end of that battle for a long time, until I finally realized Ozumat DOES take Npetulon away.

And we never see the Elemental Lord again.

Deleted
    Ok my bad, after a bit of research, it seems he was captured by Ozumat at the end of the dungeon.
    Honnestly I don't remember it being the case but, well, ok.
    Abyssal Maw (which was a dungeon, not a raid) would have probably cleared the subject.
    Guess we will have to wait for Azshara's expansion to find out about the next part ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    Neptulon was such a letdown. They could have used him in an epic storyline but instead used him in a crappy 5man.
    Definitely a huge reason why I was disappointed with Cata. I wanted an Amyssal Maw raid soooooooooooo bad. Not only did I not get that, but Blizzard also ruined his potential as a character by rushing the hell out of his story. Lose-lose for me

Edit: But, there's no confirmation that he's dead. I mean, we're pretty sure about it, but there's no proof. Let's hold on to that little, microscopic chance.

Hum Throne of the Tides...
    lol sorry, my bad. too much throne of thunder lately lol

I'm not confused. do the fight again and pay attention at the end. ozumat sends a tentacle and grabs neptulon, kidnapping him. he isn't there recovering, he is still wrestling with ozumat's tentacles, probably on some japanese cartoon lol
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.