Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    he isn't there recovering, he is still wrestling with ozumat's tentacles, probably on some japanese cartoon lol
    Or N'Zoth's

Then again, his magnificent tendrils may be... reserved for someone else. *wink wink*
    Last edited by mmoc72727c7d9f; 2013-06-28 at 02:41 PM.

Azhara must be next end boss in new expansion raid as she is Sargeras's lover, so we will get back to undersea anyway and meet up with Neptulon

10+ Year Old Account
    I can definitely agree it was done pretty poorly and was awfully anti-climatic but I don't think it's that absurd for him to be overpowered by what was thrown at him.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Neptulon-chan and ozumat-sama started azeroth first modern interspecies family together. They are happy now and don't care about rest of the world in they little heaven deep within the ocean.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Neptulon-chan and ozumat-sama started azeroth first modern interspecies family together. They are happy now and don't care about rest of the world in they little heaven deep within the ocean.
    Thanks, I wasn't planning to get any sleep tonight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zstr View Post
    Azhara must be next end boss in new expansion raid as she is Sargeras's lover, so we will get back to undersea anyway and meet up with Neptulon
    First of all, Azshara isn't Sargeras's lover. She intended to be his consort after summoning him to Azeroth in the War of the Ancients, but he never made it, and there was no indication he planned on taking her as a consort anyway.

Second, the Azshara and the Naga are no longer aligned with Sargeras and the Burning Legion, they are with the Old Gods now.

Third, although this isn't confirmed yet, there are quite a few hints that the next expansion will be Legion-based, not Azshara based.

Edit: As for the topic, I assume the Elemental Lords get some of their power from the Old Gods. So if they fought against the Old Gods, the Gods could withhold some the Lords power. Also, Ozumat could have been created with the specific intention of being able to handle an Elemental Lord.
    Last edited by Zoma; 2013-06-28 at 02:40 PM.

didnt ozumat poison neptulon or smth and thats how he weakened him and captured/sucked him in?

Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    I can definitely agree it was done pretty poorly and was awfully anti-climatic but I don't think it's that absurd for him to be overpowered by what was thrown at him.
    The fall of Neptulon certainly wasn't absurd , since the Naga were extremely active at the zone working to weaken neptulon. As the water gest corrupted and water elemental killed at the area, Neptulon gets weaker and weaker. And Ozumat was specifically brought to further weaken him. All that with Lady-Whatever doing her enchants.

The Vashjr storyline is not the problem, it was very well done; actually, the best zone from Cataclysm.

The problem is the end of Throne of Tides. I went there excited to kick some Naga ass and save Neptulon, we progress to kill Lady-Whatever and her Old God allies, save Neptulon from the final ambush by Ozumat and then... nothing.

First time I did it I didn't even realized what had happened. Like, "ehhhh where is Neptulon? Why didn't he thank us from saving him? What a bogus!"

Only much later I realized that he was actually captured. And then Blizzard cancelling Abyssal Maw and trying to persuade us the end was "godd"... No, it was not good, not at all.

but what about therazane's daughter and cenarius' son? I thought they had been the first
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post
    Alright so something's been bothering me Neptulon was considered to be the strongest elemental lord within azeroth so how the fuck does a giant squid ( Ozmat ) over power an elemental lord exactly? No really I'm still mad about that I guess the story was actually going to unravel on the Abyssal maw before they scrapped it.
    He was considered the next weakest, after Al'akir.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I'd suggest people look at the last Blizzcon's lore panel. This very question was asked and the lore devs (which includes Metzen) gave an ineresting answer.
    They gave the impression they weren't going/allowed to answer. I think it was Kosak who was there with Metzen and said something like we're just going to leave that under the ocean then something like we don't have an answer, we don't know. Then Metzen says something like can we not answer that? It's a bad question, a damn mess is what it is.

Guessing from how Blizz said Vash'jir wasn't popular and the Abyssal Maw raid was canceled (must've been where Neptulon would be addressed), I'm guessing Blizz canceled development on it because of the impopularity of Vash'jir, leaving the lore team hanging at a dead end on that point. I think Metzen, from the impression I got, wished he could've answered but couldn't because he didn't know an answer because of the mess they were in on that point.
    Last edited by Poochy; 2013-06-28 at 02:47 PM.

We have hardly seen the last of Ozumat and Neptulon. They will very likely be raid bosses in an expansion that focuses on the naga, Queen Azshara and old gods (again).

10+ Year Old Account
    but what about therazane's daughter and cenarius' son? I thought they had been the first
    So a rock elemental and a dryad made the centaur, so I guess a squid and a water elemental would jellyfish. Great, we're going to be attacked by transparent Kraken.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Depends on where you look.

If i am not mistaken, Wowpedia says he is the strongest. Somewhere else, don't really remember where, he really is the second weakest.

In-game, he dies to Murlocs, so to me he is pretty wimpy lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    They weren't married, in fact theradas was jailed in maraudon for rape. The reason she walks around celebras (or whats his name) grave is that judge prohibited her from coming closer than 10 yards to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    First of all, Azshara isn't Sargeras's lover. She intended to be his consort after summoning him to Azeroth in the War of the Ancients, but he never made it, and there was no indication he planned on taking her as a consort anyway.

Second, the Azshara and the Naga are no longer aligned with Sargeras and the Burning Legion, they are with the Old Gods now.

Third, although this isn't confirmed yet, there are quite a few hints that the next expansion will be Legion-based, not Azshara based.

Edit: As for the topic, I assume the Elemental Lords get some of their power from the Old Gods. So if they fought against the Old Gods, the Gods could withhold some the Lords power. Also, Ozumat could have been created with the specific intention of being able to handle an Elemental Lord.
    Where did you find the first and second point (as in source)? The last time we saw Azshara in the WotA was she was falling into the sea and was changed into a naga by something. It never addresses Azshara's feelings on the point of if she was still with Sargeras, right? Feel free to correct me if you can find proof, the only time we've seen her after is a short time in Cata and I don't think it addresses that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Madruga View Post
    The problem is the end of Throne of Tides. I went there excited to kick some Naga ass and save Neptulon, we progress to kill Lady-Whatever and her Old God allies, save Neptulon from the final ambush by Ozumat and then... nothing.

First time I did it I didn't even realized what had happened. Like, "ehhhh where is Neptulon? Why didn't he thank us from saving him? What a bogus!"

Only much later I realized that he was actually captured. And then Blizzard cancelling Abyssal Maw and trying to persuade us the end was "godd"... No, it was not good, not at all.
    Yeah exactly, the whole zone was huge build up only to end in a very abrupt and confusing way with no real way of knowing what just happened. However, he had a big army of Old God minions raining down on him, it was bound to end poorly for him.

---------- Post added 2013-06-28 at 10:50 AM ----------

They weren't married, in fact theradas was jailed in maraudon for rape. The reason she walks around celebras (or whats his name) grave is that judge prohibited her from coming closer than 10 yards to him.
    How could he possibly resist such a lovely woman? He was clearly crazy.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post

Hahaha, no. The weakest was Al'akir, and the strongest was Neptulon.

Deleted
    Yep I checked and you're right, sorry.
    Anyway, the problem with Cataclysm is that it should have been two expansions.

- The first one, the world experience growing disturbances and rifts open in various places.
    Elementals would have been on rampage, and they could have furthered stories about elemental Lords.

- Then in the second one, Deathwing erupts from Deepholme where we were questing and finish to wreck the world. We find that he was behind the disturbance of the previous expansion and we chase after him and his minions like Chogall and the Twilight Father.

So many stories were packed in a single expansion that none was really developped enough.
    Neptulon is just one of the casualties...

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not sure why there is a need for all this discussion when the quests did an EXCELLENT job of pointing out the weakened state of Neptulon by the end of ToT.

As for no resolution to his storyline? Sure, that sucks. But it sucks no more than the Kidnapping of the King of Stormwind questline.

Don't worry, in 2-3 years, we will get a resolution in a poorly drawn/written DC comic. Or perhaps Knaak can explain it for us.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.