Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    There was originally going to be a resolution to this in a raid alongside Firelands, the Abyssal Maw raid, but it was cut for time. So it's ultimately unresolved.
    Yeah, except that Blizzard said they feel the conclusion of the story was "satisfying". I don't know satisfying to whom, not to me, that is for sure.

Deleted
    There still hasn't been an expac with the South Seas (Kul Tiras, big ass pirate island, Zandalar) - can expect him (and Ozumat) to show up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrandron View Post
    I see a lot of people saying that Neptulon was abducted after the events of Throne of the Tides, he was abducted prior to the events of that dungeon which is why he is trapped there and the purpose of going into it is to save him from the Naga and Faceless. Happens at the end of one of the quest chains in Vashj'ir.
    He also gets yanked away at the end of the dungeon. Like so:

Their comment about the story being "satisfied" was a lame excuse to not do the Elemental Plane of Water Raid. They originally set the story up because they wanted to do the raid, then when they were developing the Firelands their art department went crazy and spent a whole bunch of time developing stuff for that raid. Then they decided to do a new daily hub, and kinda ran out of time to do another raid (their claim of re-using ToT art feeling like a let down in comparison to Firelands is another excuse, look at Dragon Soul, it was the raid right after Firelands and most of it was re-hashed models and zones). They SHOULD finish off the Neptulon story, BUT I DOUBT they ever will. There are plenty of other story threads that have been dumped by the wayside, guilty of only the short attention span of Blizzard's story and dev departments.
    What are you willing to sacrifice?

Deleted
    Yeh I don't quite understand it myself either :/

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mahipower View Post
    no. that has been prior to throne of magic. inside throne of magic, neptulon along with the avid gamers deal with ozumat along with the faceless types. the actual avid gamers beat the actual faceless types, but by the end, ozumat grabs neptulon and also goes aside with your ex. we all have no idea what happens subsequent.
    no. that was before throne of black panthers. in throne of black panthers, neptulon and the subscribers fight against ozumat and the faceless ones. the players defeat the faceless ones, but at the end, ozumat grabs neptulon and runs away with him in the heat of passion. we don't know what happens. next?

If azshara is in the next xpac then i will bet my house neptulon will be there

If not then he is prolly getting some squid love right about now lol

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    If azshara is in the next xpac then i will bet my house neptulon will be there

If not then he is prolly getting some squid love right about now lol
    That is so wrong on so many levels right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekovivie View Post
    It's most likely wont. It would make no sense to 'suddenly' go back there, unless they write in some ridiculous plot device such as "Neptulon holds the only weapon that can defeat the Legion, we must save him!"
    We fight Queen Azshara in Abyssal Maw why not just tie the story into that ?
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AD Arbsbear View Post
    Blizzard: Because we felt that It's satisfying enough

my question is how wouldve neptullon's storyline been resolved if there was Abyssal Maw and would it have been satisfying, the best way? Maybe they left it open-ended because they have more in store. Like many said, it would make sense to revisit him again when we go to the south seas and encounter azshara.

and i remember seeing a screenshot of a large dead kraken floating near the timeless isle and the spear is similar to Neptulon's. might be saying he had escaped

Quote Originally Posted by AD Arbsbear View Post
    It's probably worth pointing out that Azhsara was never intended to be directly fought in the Abyssal Maw raid.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    no. that was before throne of black panthers. in throne of black panthers, neptulon and the subscribers fight against ozumat and the faceless ones. the players defeat the faceless ones, but at the end, ozumat grabs neptulon and runs away with him in the heat of passion. we don't know what happens. next?
    why are you guys copying me?

my post #11 was the original one!
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.