Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    Looks pretty strong if you cast very few spells for those 20 seconds, i.e. procs during periods of low damage.
    yea in theory :P but trinket is going to be a jerk and proc when there is all the damage and healing needed to be done :P
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Deleted
    Might sound stupid but when I saw them, it crossed my mind these have to be some temporary items in some encounter (like the legendary weapons for Kael) because they look insane and bound to break pvp, where those reduced cds will ...well, you can imagine the burst.

Cant see them making it live in their current form.

Quote Originally Posted by shanthi View Post
    The text of the trinket says "Effective for healer roles only," so it would seem a shadow priest can't use it to reduce cooldowns, unless it's changed. Or unless the trinket's tooltip is wrong.
    The datamined abilities list tied back to Readiness is wrong (expect a blue post with the full list Soon (TM)). The abilities I listed are Shadow's for the Readiness ability, the same one that is activated from this trinket.
    @TwintopTahoe Twintop @ Illidan-US HowToPriest
    Simulate Your Character on Beotorch! https://www.beotorch.com/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by velinart View Post
    Shadow point of view: it's gonna be hard to replace the Lei Shen trinkets
    Just speculation but I thought I heard they would be nerfing UVLS when 5.4 hits, or it would stay BiS for at least demo also until probably the end of the expansion.

Resto Druid trinkets are still missing 2 skills, that will probably be Tranquility and Ironbark, since other classes had their raid CDs and Tank Cds reduced too (Life Cocoon. Pain supression, Revival, Barrier).
    Disc Spirit Shell will not make to Live, if it make, well, that will be really broken.

Provably 39% is TOO DAMN HIGH. They will tweak numbers a bit, I bet less then 20% for normal trinket.

I just can't see these a) being right or b) going live.

Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    As good as it may be for us, it's still 10x better for any other caster.
    yeah, any haste on that trinket is basically going to be wasted for shadow yet not for mage/lock/boom. people still think we're going to scale like we did in 5.2 =/

Quote Originally Posted by snaxattax View Post
    yeah, any haste on that trinket is basically going to be wasted for shadow yet not for mage/lock/boom. people still think we're going to scale like we did in 5.2 =/
    my exact point. this trinket may force us to go for a sort of a RoRo reforge lol.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

I can see the numbers being scaled down in terms of throughput, but the CD reduction....just looks like a convenient play-test via trinket for a legendary weapon proc and not a trinket that ought/will go live. In the abstract it almost fits the mold of a legendary that could apply across all classes - presuming you have abilities with sufficient CDs that you care about.

Deleted
    The additional haste maybe too much for most abilities, but there will still be breakpoints for dots. Those will go mental, and combined with the extra crit and mastery, the damage it'll do will still be very significant, just not as much as the current haste does. Still, if your LMG, BL, Berserking and PI are up, your dots do more damage, don't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Helycon View Post
    The additional haste maybe too much for most abilities, but there will still be breakpoints for dots. Those will go mental, and combined with the extra crit and mastery, the damage it'll do will still be very significant, just not as much as the current haste does. Still, if your LMG, BL, Berserking and PI are up, your dots do more damage, don't they?
    yes but our dots are toilet tier dps compared to warlocks and even moonkin (if you factor in starsurge procs and such as effectively being part of their dot damage). swp/vt dmg/uptime is currently inflated due to t15 dot extensions, as well. t16 is going to be complete shit since not only do we not multidot anywhere near as well as warlocks or moonkin (and our multidotting will take a significant hit with loss of extensions), we won't have insanity haste scaling to pick up the slack. the fact that insanity is generally our #1 dps ability when we can only get around a ~20% uptime on it at best should be something you keep in mind when analyzing the haste problem we have for next tier.

the fact that on top of this scaling problem our set bonuses are among the worst of the rdps (roughly 1/3 of the increase of mage and warlock bonuses), i just don't see shadow being sought after at all - especially with the absolute god status that disc is shaping up to be.

thank god shadow isn't overpowered in arena anymore, though. all that content the majority of the playerbase has no interest in was really causing significant panty bunching.

Quote Originally Posted by Smight View Post
    I can see the numbers being scaled down in terms of throughput, but the CD reduction....just looks like a convenient play-test via trinket for a legendary weapon proc and not a trinket that ought/will go live. In the abstract it almost fits the mold of a legendary that could apply across all classes - presuming you have abilities with sufficient CDs that you care about.
    there won't be a legendary weapon. the legendary is the cape.
    Last edited by snaxattax; 2013-07-01 at 06:45 PM.

Do you have a source staying no legendary weapon exists? I'm not aware of a blue post on this. Concurrently, has each tier not brought upon two portions to the quest? I'm only aware of a cloak proc.

Quote Originally Posted by Smight View Post
    Do you have a source staying no legendary weapon exists? I'm not aware of a blue post on this. Concurrently, has each tier not brought upon two portions to the quest? I'm only aware of a cloak proc.
    considering nothing suggesting a legendary wep has been datamined yet, it's extremely unlikely to show up. unless it's thrown into a rump 5.5 patch before mists of voljinia or something.

I'm hoping that blizzard might be savvy in its release of one via the golden lotus final reward. But I'm sure that's a formula for letdown. As long as the cd reduction comes out, I'd call that a legendary for disc in its current trinket implementation.

it's almost a 50% boost to disc throughput just from the cooldown reduction and how it interracts with t16 disc set bonuses. and a nearly chainable mindbender would be hilarious.

Deleted
    yes but our dots are toilet tier dps compared to warlocks and even moonkin (if you factor in starsurge procs and such as effectively being part of their dot damage). swp/vt dmg/uptime is currently inflated due to t15 dot extensions, as well. t16 is going to be complete shit since not only do we not multidot anywhere near as well as warlocks or moonkin (and our multidotting will take a significant hit with loss of extensions), we won't have insanity haste scaling to pick up the slack. the fact that insanity is generally our #1 dps ability when we can only get around a ~20% uptime on it at best should be something you keep in mind when analyzing the haste problem we have for next tier.

the fact that on top of this scaling problem our set bonuses are among the worst of the rdps (roughly 1/3 of the increase of mage and warlock bonuses), i just don't see shadow being sought after at all - especially with the absolute god status that disc is shaping up to be.

thank god shadow isn't overpowered in arena anymore, though. all that content the majority of the playerbase has no interest in was really causing significant panty bunching.

there won't be a legendary weapon. the legendary is the cape.
    The combo of the 3 stats is nuts on dots though, even without the T15 2P. It'll actually increase the T16 2-piece as well, since you'll have more mastery procs that can crit. We'll see what the sims say, but I'm guessing it'll be BiS for us as well.

Also, we have DI procs, they are nommy.

mastery doesn't snapshot, which makes the trinket (and the t16 set bonus in general) quite weak compared to other dot classes. recasting dots at the end of a buff does basically nothing in terms of mastery, whereas warlocks get a 150% duration baked in trinket proc when they refresh their dots at the end of a proc.

the bulk of DI's damage still comes from MFI uptime - which again is the problem. we get no to negative return from haste between DP breakpoints once MF goes under GCD which will happen any time this trinket procs w/ meta.

i'm not saying that it won't increase shadow's dps, or that the trinket wouldn't be best in slot for shadow, but that the amount of DPS that a shadowpriest would get from that trinket would be around 1/2 to 1/3 of what a warlock, moonkin or mage would get as they do not have to worry about one of the stats being basically wasted.

the dumbest thing is that they could fix basically all of this problem by making mindflay 4tick/4sec base instead of 3/3 and have zero negative impact on any other aspect of the game. at least we get wings when we cast POM with dark binding, though.
    Last edited by snaxattax; 2013-07-01 at 08:25 PM.