Page 1 of 3
LastLast

5.4 SoO Trinket with cooldown reduction - Complete list

Hi,
    Here is a list of the affected spells by the "Increases the cooldown recovery rate of six of your major abilities by 39/29/20%." 5.4 SoO trinkets. I just guessed this means newCD = oldCD / 1.39. Int DPS classes can't get the trinketbonus. The spell is called Readiness.

The data mined spells are not 100% accurate, some spells were tested on PTR. The DPS-trinkets are atm 27% in PvP, but Holinka stated, that they should be only 20%.

Keep in mind the numbers are not final and SoO trinkets will most likely get adjusted, but I still fear this trinket will still be game-breaking.

List of items with this bonus:

Cooldown reduction (m=minute, s=seconds):
    Original 39% (DPS PvE) 29% (Heal PvE) 27% (DPS PvP) 20% (Heal PvP & Prot PvE) 13% (Prot PvP)
    10m 7m 12s 7m 45s 7m 52s 8m 20s 8m 50s
    5m 3m 36s 3m 52s 3m 56s 4m 10s 4m 27s
    3m 2m 10s 2m 20s 2m 22s 2m 30s 2m 39s
    2m 1m 26s 1m 33s 1m 34s 1m 40s 1m 46s
    1m 30s 1m 5s 1m 10s 1m 11s 1m 15s 1m 20s
    60s 43s 46s 47s 50s 53s
    45s 32s 35s 35s 37s 40s
    30s 22s 23s 23s 25s 27s
    25s 18s 19s 19s 21s 22s

Deathknight:
    Blood Frost Unholy
    Outbreak Outbreak Outbreak
    Empower Rune Weapon Empower Rune Weapon Empower Rune Weapon
    Anti-Magic Shell Anti-Magic Shell Anti-Magic Shell
    Icebound Fortitude Icebound Fortitude Icebound Fortitude
    Dancing Rune Weapon Army of the Dead Army of the Dead
    Vampiric Blood Pillar of Frost Unholy Frenzy
    Bone Shield

Druid:
    Feral Guardian Heal
    Might of Ursoc Might of Ursoc Might of Ursoc
    Survival Instincts Survival Instincts Nature's Swiftness
    Barkskin Barkskin Tranquility
    Tiger's Fury Bear Hug Innervate
    Iron Bark (PTR)

Hunter:
    BM MM Survival
    Camouflage Camouflage Camouflage
    Stampede (PTR) Stampede (PTR) Stampede (PTR)
    Deterrence Deterrence Deterrence
    Rapid Fire Rapid Fire Rapid Fire
    Disengage Disengage Disengage
    Bestial Wrath Black Arrow

Monk:
    Brewmaster WW MW
    Transcendence: Transfer Transcendence: Transfer Transcendence: Transfer
    Zen Meditation Zen Meditation Zen Meditation
    Fortifying Brew Fortifying Brew Fortifying Brew
    Avert Harm Energizing Brew Revival
    Guard Flying Serpent Kick Thunder Focus Tea
    Clash Fists of Fury Life Cocoon

Paladin:

Holy Prot Ret
    Guardian of Ancient Kings Guardian of Ancient Kings Guardian of Ancient Kings
    Avenging Wrath Avenging Wrath Avenging Wrath
    Hand of Protection Hand of Protection Hand of Protection
    Divine Protection Divine Protection Divine Protection
    Devotion Aura Divine Shield Divine Shield
    Divine Plea Ardent Defender Hand of Freedom
    Hand of Purity

Priest:
    Disc Holy
    Hymn of Hope Hymn of Hope
    Shadowfiend Shadowfiend
    Mindbender Mindbender
    Power Word: Barrier Lightwell
    Pain Suppression Divine Hymn
    Inner Focus Guardian Spirit
    Spirit Shell

Rogue:
    Assassination Combat Sub
    Shadow Blades Shadow Blades Shadow Blades
    Cloak of Shadows Cloak of Shadows Cloak of Shadows
    Evasion Evasion Evasion
    Sprint Sprint Sprint
    Vanish Adrenaline Rush Vanish
    Vendetta Killing Spree Shadow Dance

Shaman:
    Enhancement Heal
    Spiritwalker's Grace Spiritwalker's Grace
    Fire Elemental Totem Fire Elemental Totem
    Earth Elemental Totem Earth Elemental Totem
    Ascendence (PTR) Ascendence (PTR)
    Shamanistic Rage
    Feral Spirits

Warrior:
    Fury/Arms Prot
    Recklessness Recklessness
    Shield Wall Shield Wall
    T4-Talents Last Stand
    T6-Talents Rallying Cry
    Die By The Sword (PTR) Skull Banner (PTR)

I will try to update the list, when changes happen.

Changelog:
    12. July: Improved CD reduction list and updated affected spells. (some tested on PTR)
    Last edited by Euerfeldi; 2013-07-12 at 12:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sound OP to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Sound OP to me.
    yep. should of waited to add these cd reduction armor bonuses to an expansion. not one part of a game. but still early as of yet

Lists seem odd considering the description of the trinket. It says "Increases the cooldown recovery rate of six of your major abilities by 39%." Yet for some classes/specs it affects up to 7-8 of their abilities, while other classes only have 3-5 abilities affected? That doesn't seem correct...

Quote Originally Posted by Escapist View Post
    Lists seem odd considering the description of the trinket. It says "Increases the cooldown recovery rate of six of your major abilities by 39%." Yet for some classes/specs it affects up to 7-8 of their abilities, while other classes only have 3-5 abilities affected? That doesn't seem correct...
    I imagine it was poorly worded and means up to six, so it would affect up to 6 or the 8 available CDs.

Quote Originally Posted by Escapist View Post
    When they say "Major" abilities I think they are talking about the 6 that are shown on the spec sheet where you switch between specs, not cooldowns.

Thanks for the comprehensive list!

Sounds like they aren't done with the infinitely scaling trinkets. This one makes leveling insane, at least for DKs. 36 second pillar? 20 second duration. Hullo Nurse.
    Last edited by fangless; 2013-06-28 at 04:54 PM.

These trinkets are way, way, WAY overpowered, and are basically instant "must haves." I can see them being nerfed a little (or a lot) before they go live.

These trinkets were also just recently implemented and may very well still have placeholder stats. Give them a build or two before crying OP.

Yeah, if these are right (speaking from a Prot/Ret standpoint), these trinkets are insanely, ridiculously, never-going-to-get-rid-of-them stronk.

That said, I hope you can stack them! Or, at least can use various ones as any spec. The "tank" one (HP on-use) is far less interesting to me, as a 10HC protpal, than the 11k STR proc version.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Quote Originally Posted by maxalyss View Post
    When they say "Major" abilities I think they are talking about the 6 that are shown on the spec sheet where you switch between specs, not cooldowns.
    Considering that flash heal is on the holy priest spec page (it has no cooldown), and I'm sure there are plenty of others that I can't think of off the top of my head, I don't think that you're right.

As a Feral I'm pretty disappointed to not see Berserk on the list. Tiger's Fury is nice... but its the only dps cooldown affected. Kind of sad compared to what the other classes appear to be getting.

These trinkets are way more interesting to me than the lame ass Legendary cloak procs.

No where does it say that it effects cooldowns, it says abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by maxalyss View Post
    No where does it say that it effects cooldowns, it says abilities.
    It says "increases cooldown recovery rate". If that isn't saying it affects cooldowns, then what is?

The WW abilities on this are kinda meh. Can see other trinkets being stronger

Qq for no caster equivalent.

I'm not sure these trinkets work as a straight 39% reduced cooldown. The wording on them ("Increases cooldown recovery rate") seems to suggest that its not really a true 39% reduction but rather more like how cooldown reduction works in Borderlands (and other games).

Rather than:

CD = oldCD*.61

I think it is suggesting something closer to how haste works, where 1 second is actually 1.39 seconds for the purpose of the cooldown.

Rather than reducing the cooldown by 39%, this would allow you to use the cooldown 39% *more* in a given window of time.

This would turn a 2 minute cooldown into ~86 seconds rather than 73 seconds. Not a huge difference, but one that becomes more pronounced as you get larger cooldowns involved.
    Last edited by paoani; 2013-06-28 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by paoani View Post
    I'm not sure these trinkets work as a straight 39% reduced cooldown. The wording on them ("Increases cooldown recovery rate") seems to suggest that its not really a true 39% reduction but rather more like how cooldown reduction works in Borderlands (and other games).

Rather than:

CD = oldCD*.61

I think it is suggesting something closer to how haste works where 1 second is actually 1.39 seconds for the purpose of the cooldown.

Rather than reducing the cooldown by 39%, this would allow you to use the cooldown 39% *more* in a given window of time.
    NewCooldown = OldCooldown / 1.39
    1 / 1.39 = 0.719 so
    NewCooldown = OldCooldown * 0.719

It's actually a 28% cooldown reduction.

I think it's really lame the trinkets don't affect key rotational abilities. Imagine Prot Pallies having 1.5 second CD on Crusader Strike, 2.0 second CD on Judgment, etc.