New Unannounced Feature in 5.4

Guess its was quest mobs which is still new with the Ping and all but not a new feature.
    Last edited by Bugsy; 2013-06-28 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Incorrect info

I think it's probably Virtual Realms. There are skulls for those mobs because they were golden lotus quest mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    More convenience at the expense of exploration and gameplay. Games are meant to be hard. Instant gratification is exclusive to the entire concept of gaming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    More convenience at the expense of exploration and gameplay. Games are meant to be hard. Instant gratification is exclusive to the entire concept of gaming.
    What? Games are not meant to be hard, there are games that are hard, but they are NOT suppost to be hard, atleast not all of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Games are meant to be hard.
    Games are meant to be games. Difficulty is an unrelated concern.

As for what the new unannounced feature is... we'll probably never find out which of them. Just that it is one of the features from the 5.4 notes.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why is it removed...? Someone please clarify this for me

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    What? Games are not meant to be hard, there are games that are hard, but they are NOT suppost to be hard, atleast not all of them.
    So when you play starcraft 2, do you use cheats, or do you prefer to play the game?

(Obviously using sc2 as an example - my point is that godmodes exist in most single player games, yet the vast majority of playtime by the total gamer population is spent playing the game without godmode. People play games because they like to be rewarded for overcoming challenges, and if no challenges are presented, the rewards are essentially null)

Games are meant to be FUN, not HARD. There is a balance that needs to be found in every game. The game needs to be challenging, but not so hard it discourages people from playing it. WoW is striking that balance fairly well.

So when you play starcraft 2, do you use cheats, or do you prefer to play the game?

(Obviously using sc2 as an example - my point is that godmodes exist in most single player games, yet the vast majority of playtime by the total gamer population is spent playing the game without godmode. People play games because they like to be rewarded for overcoming challenges, and if no challenges are presented, the rewards are essentially null)
    I enjoy Animal Crossing, a game with essentially no challenge at all. Games aren't that binary and can be enjoyed for a variety of reasons by a variety of different people :x

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    I think it's probably Virtual Realms.
    I think so, for me the famous "New Unannounced Feature in 5.4" is going to be the Virtual Realms

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I don't think it's virtual realms because it doesn't affect everyone.
    This might be true if you live on a full realm like Kazzak but on a dead server like mine it effects alot!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftech View Post
    Games are meant to be FUN, not HARD. There is a balance that needs to be found in every game. The game needs to be challenging, but not so hard it discourages people from playing it. WoW is striking that balance fairly well.
    I'm pretty sure this is a bit of a subjective thing though.

Games IMO SHOULD be challenging and difficult, else there's no satisfaction to be gained. If everything is handed to you, then what is there to be excited about?

The way I see it is that challenging content allows people to get better as a player and satisfy them when they finally reach a certain milestone. If a game isn't challenging (which most WoW content isn't IMO) then people would simply get bored and quit. If a game is too hard, then people get frustrated and quit. If a game is challenging to moderately hard, people will keep trying and pushing their limits in order to get to the end.

Would love to see where you pulled that bit of info from. Just something you made up off the top of your head to support your argument, I'm guessing.

^ ^ v v < > < > B A

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Whether it effects everyone or not is irrelevant. We only know about the "unannounced feature" because Ghostcrawler said it was his favorite feature. It can not effect everyone and still be his favorite feature.