Thread: Zimmerman Trial

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh shit a black guy on CNN isn't towing the party line! He is using the legal standard of injuries to point out that Zimmermans injuries are considered great bodily injuries that give him the right to shoot under Florida law.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Oh shit a black guy on CNN isn't towing the party line! He is using the legal standard of injuries to point out that Zimmermans injuries are considered great bodily injuries that give him the right to shoot under Florida law.
    I'm watching the presser. Can't wait to see what they try to say.

[QUOTE=alturic;21735322]I also feel they'll convict him of SOMETHING and it's truly a disgusting piss in the face of the legal system if they do. I'm am ready for riots thought, and then potential shootings during the riots and then no reporting of them because a white hispanic didn't shoot the person.

- - - Updated - - -

nah, we'll hear about them because it will be the aftermath of this trial. although, if it were any other time it would be silent.

Quote Originally Posted by Ateista View Post
    if zimmerman walks scott free, i'll be very surprised, because i honestly believe the jury's verdict will be manslaughter.

at any rate, i hope ya'll are ready for the riots.
    His whole defense is based on self defense and self defense beats manslaughter also as far as i know.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    I also feel they'll convict him of SOMETHING and it's truly a disgusting piss in the face of the legal system if they do. I'm am ready for riots thought, and then potential shootings during the riots and then no reporting of them because a white hispanic didn't shoot the person.
    Never seen that term before.

Quote Originally Posted by Ateista View Post
    nah, we'll hear about them because it will be the aftermath of this trial. although, if it were any other time it would be silent.
    So you think they'd play it up as a "black man shoots white/white hispanic during the ensuing riots of George Zimmermans innocent". It would definitely be interesting to see how they defend it.

Then again, at that point they don't care about what color georgie was, covering anything related to the trial will be good for ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumocolor View Post
    His whole defense is based on self defense and self defense beats manslaughter also as far as i know.
    Unless initial aggressor or other things, which I thought the prosecution did a terrible job of presenting.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Unless initial aggressor or other things, which I thought the prosecution did a terrible job of presenting.
    Is it possible they couldn't present something that wasn't there? Not trying to show my bias here (really I'm trying to be logical) but is it possible it's truly because there was no evidence of him being the aggressor?

- - - Updated - - -

Man these two sheriff guys are trying so hard to ensure there's no problems if he's found not guilty.

Seminole County is covering their ass preemptively with this press conference.

shit, i completely forgot about this.

yeah, these riots are going to be fantastic...

10+ Year Old Account
    Formerly of the People's Republic of Illinois
    Also weird for me in this case, one of my wife's best friends lives a stone's throw away from where this happened. I believe I met GZ several years ago at a get-together at her house. I found it strange that what I assumed was a Puerto Rican had a Jewish name. It's a small world.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexis_de_Tocqueville
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. -CS Lewis

More info on what you mean? I'd found it "odd" how if self-defense trumped manslaughter there wouldn't be anything in the instructions, let alone they (from what I recall) never had an objection about including manslaughter because "my client is claiming self-defense which trumps manslaughter"?

10+ Year Old Account
    More info on what you mean? I'd found it "odd" how if self-defense trumped manslaughter there wouldn't be anything in the instructions, let alone they (from what I recall) never had an objection about including manslaughter because "my client is claiming self-defense which trumps manslaughter"?
    Well self-defense does trump both of those charges, but thats only IF the jury believes his self-defense was justified. They may find that his self-defense was not justified, but still find him not-guilty of both crimes.

The prosecution did a horrible job trying to prove without a shadow of a doubt that Zimmerman was guilty on any account.

If the jury finds GZ not guilty of 2nd degree murder for reasons of self defense then they cant find him guilty of manslaughter

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm tall, and thin, with a bright red head but strike me once and I'm black instead...
    The prosecution did a horrible job trying to prove without a shadow of a doubt that Zimmerman was guilty on any account.
    Pretty much.

Is it possible they couldn't present something that wasn't there? Not trying to show my bias here (really I'm trying to be logical) but is it possible it's truly because there was no evidence of him being the aggressor?
    I'm not invested on either side here. I guess I'm slightly biased against Zimmerman, not because of the facts of the case, but because I'd rather not have randoms walking around with guns following me. But as I said above, I wouldn't convict based on what I've seen.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Deleted
    There is no way the jury could, with reasonable mind, come out with a guilty decision based. Based on the evidence its not even close to beyond reasonable doubt.

Though there have been stranger jury decisions in the past.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    lol i was just attempting to point out the absurd argument that Blacks have the rational right to hate Whites because 150 years ago it was possible that our ancestors might have owned one of theirs
    If you think that is what the basis for the *real* black panther movement in this country in the 60's and 70's, and the Civil and Voting rights movement, then you need to go back to school.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I'm not invested on either side here. I guess I'm slightly biased against Zimmerman, not because of the facts of the case, but because I'd rather not have randoms walking around with guns following me. But as I said above, I wouldn't convict based on what I've seen.
    See, I am slightly biased towards TM based on the opposite. I want to have the right to confront suspicious looking people in my neighbourhood, and I want to be able to defend myself, kill them if necessary, if they start kicking the shit out of me for no other reason than "WHAT U LOOKIN AT, FOO?"
    CompTIA A+ Computer technician, 7 years and counting...

Retired WoW Heroic Raider, currently playing DOTA 2 competitively.