Thread: Zimmerman Trial

Quote Originally Posted by Payday View Post
    One mans opinion makes GZ's legal actions leading up to the altercation suddenly illegal?
    Oh, certainly not dear fellow. But it sure as shit does put it in the mind of the jury that Zimmerman was not acting with an unbiased eye.

The State's case is based on a million little cuts, not one knockout blow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    Oh, certainly not dear fellow. But it sure as shit does put it in the mind of the jury that Zimmerman was not acting with an unbiased eye.

The State's case is based on a million little cuts, not one knockout blow.
    What other reasons, according to Serino, did GZ pursue TM for if it weren't for his "wrongful suspicion" of the boys activity.

What other reasons, according to Serino, did GZ pursue TM for if it weren't for his "wrongful suspicion" of the boys activity.
    I'd have to read a transcript to be sure, but I believe O'mara got away from that line of questioning as quickly as possible, and understandably did not follow up. If my memory serves me correctly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    I found it interesting that the police don't consider someone standing in the rain at night between two houses to be suspicious in any way. I wouldn't be surprised if he was coached on saying that so the police department wasn't accused of racial profiling.
    When I was younger I used to enjoy being in the rain day or night. I wonder if anyone ever found me suspicious. I'm white though so...

In Florida it rains so often it just becomes part of your life. Hardly inherently suspicious.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd have to read a transcript to be sure, but I believe O'mara got away from that line of questioning as quickly as possible, and understandably did not follow up. If my memory serves me correctly.
    Nvm on Shep I just saw Serino acknowledge the profiling assertion by the prosecution today.

Nvm on Shep I just saw Serino acknowledge the profiling assertion by the prosecution today.
    Ah Shep, the only reason to turn on Fox when you're seeking news/information.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah Shep, the only reason to turn on Fox when you're seeking news/information.
    Pretty much. Shep doesn't give a fuck

I watch conservative news and I read liberal news. Helps keep me sane

15+ Year Old Account
    Zimmerman Prosecutor Indicted For Allegely Falsifying arrest warrant and complaint

http://beforeitsnews.com/opinion-con...facebook-share

lol
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

Because he's on the neighborhood watch and was monitoring his "dangerous" activity.
    No, the neighborhood watch is only suppose to watch and report "dangerous" activity. What Zimmerman did goes directly against the rules of any neighborhood watch and Zimmerman was aware of that. Once Zimmerman armed himself and followed Martin he was no longer under neighborhood watch guidelines.

Same question applies to anyone, anywhere with a weapon carry permit.
    True, but did having the weapon cause Zimmerman to act in a negligent way which lead to the death of Martin? Without the weapon would Zimmerman have stayed in the car? The point where Zimmerman left his car with a weapon is the turning point for this story and the "why" is important to me. Did Zimmerman feel that it was his right to arm himself and follow Martin that night?

Just what is the Citizens Grand Jury? I don't trust something that is supposed to be about justice and a has a donate button on their website. And uses a yahoo.com email address as well.
    Last edited by Ebildays; 2013-07-02 at 11:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    After investigators lied to him about the existence of a video tape of the attack, Zimmerman said "Thank God."
    But he could have just been playing a hunch that the police were lying to him and in doing so would make him look really innocent if there turned out not to be a tape and other rambling convoluted reasons made up in order to make myself unable to accept the most likely and plausible story because he doesn't fit the narrative I want to have taken place for whatever reason.

/incoherent illogical grasp at straws answer off

I hope no one actually read that.
    I just hope they got 6 people that are taking their job as jurors seriously, and not 6 people too stupid to get out of jury duty, that will decide based on emotions and misguided sympathies.

Zimmerman made some mistakes that night, but I think he is very clearly innocent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebildays View Post
    No, the neighborhood watch is only suppose to watch and report "dangerous" activity. What Zimmerman did goes directly against the rules of any neighborhood watch and Zimmerman was aware of that. Once Zimmerman armed himself and followed Martin he was no longer under neighborhood watch guidelines.
    Everyone that leaves their house with a gun is looking for trouble according to that. You are assuming that GZ armed himself with the sole intent of using it on TM. Also assuming that GZ wished for ANY kind of altercation/confrontation with TM whatsoever, instead of just to follow and report whereabouts to police.

TM's mom expected to take the witness stand tomorrow.
    Last edited by Payday; 2013-07-02 at 11:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    Zimmerman Prosecutor Indicted For Allegely Falsifying arrest warrant and complaint

http://beforeitsnews.com/opinion-con...facebook-share

lol
    You do understand there's a very distinct difference between a Citizens' Grand Jury, and an actual Grand jury...right?

15+ Year Old Account
    You do understand there's a very distinct difference between a Citizens' Grand Jury, and an actual Grand jury...right?
    im just laughing at the fact that all this seems to keep piling on to the state
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    im just laughing at the fact that all this seems to keep piling on to the state
    Ok, but I don't see how this qualifies. It has no legal, actionable power. It means nothing at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone know if they are meeting Friday or recess til Monday?

I recall the local coverage saying something about meeting every weekday except for Thursday

Does anyone know if they are meeting Friday or recess til Monday?
    Only 1 day off for the 4th.

Everyone that leaves their house with a gun is looking for trouble according to that. You are assuming that GZ armed himself with the sole intent of using it on TM. Also assuming that GZ wished for ANY kind of altercation/confrontation with TM whatsoever, instead of just to follow and report whereabouts to police.

TM's mom expected to take the witness stand tomorrow.
    It was not Zimmerman's job to follow and report whereabouts, he got out of his truck looking for trouble. We know he did that because he got out of his truck looking for a person he viewed as dangerous. There is a difference in taking your gun with you to go to the store and taking your gun with you while you follow someone who you think is dangerous.

You are also assuming that Zimmerman did not wish to confront Martin as well but by choosing to follow someone who he thought was dangerous he knew there as a change that an altercation/confrontation may happen. Which is why I am thinking he took his gun with him and did not leave it in the car.

I don't know about Martin's mom because parents can be blind sometimes to the faults of their children and people tend to gloss over the negative parts of people personality when they die. I wonder how honest she will be when talking about her child.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was not Zimmerman's job to follow and report whereabouts, he got out of his truck looking for trouble. We know he did that because he got out of his truck looking for a person he viewed as dangerous. There is a difference in taking your gun with you to go to the store and taking your gun with you while you follow someone who you think is dangerous.
    I don't think there's a difference. Then again, I don't pack heat. Maybe one of the more fervent gun enthusiasts (which apparently haven't made their way to the thread yet tonight) would like to touch on that. But I'd guess that GZ probably carried his firearm frequently and didn't just grab it out of his trunk for this imminently dangerous act carried out by a depraved mind regardless of human life. I could be wrong tho.

You are also assuming that Zimmerman did not wish to confront Martin as well but by choosing to follow someone who he thought was dangerous he knew there as a change that an altercation/confrontation may happen. Which is why I am thinking he took his gun with him and did not leave it in the car.
    I am indeed also assuming that GZ did not wish to confront TM with he intent to kill him, as he is being charged. I would presume that with the evidence put forth thus far, I would be joined by the rough majority of the country in that assumption. Again, I'm not very familiar with the frequency in which GZ carried his firearm, but I'd be assuming again that it was more than "only on black perp pursuits."

Edit:
    he got out of his truck looking for trouble.
    This would be another example of an assumption.
    Last edited by Payday; 2013-07-03 at 12:30 AM.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    The need to defend himself from serious injury or death lead to the shooting.
    Or he could not go all Rambo and hunt down this dangerous Skittle eating arch criminal. Or follow the rules of his neighborhood
    watch and not try to be a psycho vigilante to protect us from a teenager suspected of only being a black person at night.
    Last edited by kunah; 2013-07-03 at 12:38 AM.
    Operation Red Wing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kunah View Post
    Or he could not go all Rambo and hunt down this dangerous Skittle eating arch criminal. Or follow the rules of his neighborhood
    watch and not trying to be a psycho vigilante to protect us from a teenager suspected of only being a black person at night.
    I missed the trial today. Does anyone have a link to these neighborhood watch rules that I keep seeing referenced. Sorry if I missed it earlier.