10H Megaera questions

Hi guys! We gave Megaera a couple of attempts yesterday, and having some problems, well of course I have a couple of questions that I want to ask before next time we try.

1) What's the order ppl usually do? I heard and saw lots of Blue->Red->Arcane->Blue->Red->Arcane->Blue, and someone said swap last 2 with Green->Arcane for less adds. Just wondering is there any other options that make sense.

2) How do you handle adds especially after killing one arcane head? We usually got overrun by lots of adds at 4th head.

3) When do you hero/lust? I saw most of videos hero at 5th head, wondering if its what ppl usually do and is there any reason for that.

4) How do you handle the cinder and the ice thing on the ground? Seems like we are having trouble organizing those ground things. But I'm tank and I can't see what's going on over there.

5) Any other tips are appreciated

Thank you!

1) The order is just never green. I can't imagine killing green ever being easier.

2) If you have a Ret or DK, they can go RF/Blood Pres and gather them up. Do not put focused DPS on them until the current head is dead. Just DoT/cleave them. Interrupt their channeled stun and use what CC you can. Once the current head dies, keep the adds completely CCed during Rampage and blow them up.

3) We popped hero on the second arcane head since adds hit harder when an Arcane head is up. Others do it on the second fire head before to reduce tank damage (tanking green then red brings the pain, so getting 1 breath is good). Others just do it on the last head so it dies quickly. Just figure out what works for your group.

4) Dispel Cinders instantly; Cinders targets have ~1s to move to a more favorable position if necessary.

All ranged need to be near max range and slightly spread out. If you're targeted with Torrent, kite it backwards and take a lock port (I hope you have a lock) into melee so the beam doubles back on itself. Once the first one is out, the ranged should be clustered around that Icy Ground and kite all new Torrents such that they overlap the existing one.

If someone messes up Icy Ground placement and you have a paladin, they can Purity the target and have them clear some. Do not attempt this without Purity or another heavy cooldown.

5) Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonleekungfu View Post
    Hi guys! We gave Megaera a couple of attempts yesterday, and having some problems, well of course I have a couple of questions that I want to ask before next time we try.

1) What's the order ppl usually do? I heard and saw lots of Blue->Red->Arcane->Blue->Red->Arcane->Blue, and someone said swap last 2 with Green->Arcane for less adds. Just wondering is there any other options that make sense.

2) How do you handle adds especially after killing one arcane head? We usually got overrun by lots of adds at 4th head.

3) When do you hero/lust? I saw most of videos hero at 5th head, wondering if its what ppl usually do and is there any reason for that.

4) How do you handle the cinder and the ice thing on the ground? Seems like we are having trouble organizing those ground things. But I'm tank and I can't see what's going on over there.

5) Any other tips are appreciated

Thank you!
    Other dude gave good advice, thought I'd chip in though:

1. Never do green, pretty much the order you did was best. The reason you don't do green is because the AoE will pretty much cut your health in half and if anyone is in a bad spot already they will pretty much die. So don't even do the head 6th basically (also makes it easier on transitions to new heads, you'd be surprised how many people aren't paying attention and start focusing on the wrong one lol).

2. You pretty much want to CC the adds until the head is dead and then start attacking them - bearing in mind that when the head is at 0%, it still is up for a few seconds. My group found it best to put no dps on them at all literally this way. That being said, for CC, glyphed psy fiends, ring of frost, and a combination of roots with solar beam (or misdirect to the tank and then solar beam) work the best. In a pinch you can use other fears, and you should for the 7th head. If you have any combination of those 3 cc's though, you should be good, if you only have one, it's still do-able but tricky.

On the first 2 heads, if a second set of adds spawns, your dps is likely too low. Bear in mind you can switch and burn them down, but that takes a lot of time and will likely mean more adds (and the tanks are already at high stacks of their debuffs at this point).

3. My group lusted on the sixth head (arcane for us), I'd consider lusting a little early even, as it can help with cleaning up on the adds prior to the transition, and you want it to already be up by the time the aoe starts. Beyond that we used CD's on the first, fourth, and seventh head, as well as pots on the fifth.

4. If there's not much ice on the ground, it's best to dispel cinders fast, if there is, a lot of frost, definitely clear up the patches closest to Megara. It's best to use a speed boost here and consider using a survival CD too - it's extremely important that you leave enough room for your dps and healers. By the seventh head you should have very little space, but the fight is almost over.

5. Other tips? It's very important that people don't stack *too* early, as when one head is dropping down, there's still a chance frost torrent or cinders can be cast, and if that person is on the stack spot it's a guaranteed wipe. Better off to get near the area, then run in when you are positive it's safe. Also, a strong rotation of survival CD's (as well as personal CD's) is 100% necessary, so plan it out ahead of time, with your strongest ones being up for when the sixth head dies.

1) We always did BRABRA and left green unkilled. It depends on your comp, but if you don't have a boomkin for Solar Beam or monk for RoP or mage for RoF, I can see killing a green late in the fight being a good option.

2) If you have Solar Beam/RoP, use those to get them over to your tank and your tank can kill/control them. We put no DPS on the adds when a head is up.

3) I think lusting on the 5th is best because any torrents of ice from now on will stick until the end of the fight, so you want to minimize them from now on. On arcane heads, less adds spawn so you don't really need to hero on that one and on the last head you don't really have to do any mechanics correctly so it's pointless to hero on that one.

4) This was the key for us, as bad ice/cinders makes positioning a nightmare and lowers DPS/healing. Hopefully you have a warlock. What we did was make a gate from about 10 yards from the heads all the way back (literally like 60-70 yards). Then we put a marker in the middle. That is where the ranged and healers stack/stand behind. When you get torrent, you run to the gate, let the beam get close to you, then gate so the beam doubles back over itsself. Subsequent beams need to "mirror" the first beam placement by running over an existing frost trail. The actual frost trail doesn't hurt much, and a body and soul or speed bust or minor defensive CD helps. For cinders, we just dispel them almost immediately. Don't worry too much about clearing frost with it.

You should have a leader for melee and range stay stacked. When you get torrent go right of the group strafe a bit and run back. If range can't clear Ice call melee to drop them don't dispell until the frost is gone. Adds? Wait for the person picking it up to gather melee cleave off boss and call for a semi switch (dots and stuff) if you get the double spawn call for a hard switch, melee still cleave off meg. Ours go b r a b r a g