Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ewoks are so childish. There just small bears. Plus they didn't even exist in lore before now. And another thing she has a spear ability? Wow freaking spear-chucking bears over here. God this sucks /sarcasm off/. I'm only looking forward to this to have a companion who wears aim and can heal. There was only Dorne beforehand. Now we just need a willpower healer!

Quote Originally Posted by Clymene View Post
    I guess it doesn't matter since he no longer works there, but I was just surprised they added Ewoks after saying it goes against canon.
    Pretty sure they stopped caring about strictly sticking to canon a bit ago after realizing how it was absolutely hamstringing them from a gameplay perspective. They still stay with the story they're writing and try not to do anything that would break canon, but I think they realized that it's impossible to stay 100% within canon in a MMO like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    Pretty sure they stopped caring about strictly sticking to canon a bit ago after realizing how it was absolutely hamstringing them from a gameplay perspective. They still stay with the story they're writing and try not to do anything that would break canon, but I think they realized that it's impossible to stay 100% within canon in a MMO like this.
    Plus star wars is already broken down into multiple tiers of canon. Games aren't considered as official as the movies.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    I'm actually trying to find data on the existence of Ewoks at least somewhat close to this time period. I am kind of irritated that they are going against canon (if it is true), but it wouldn't be the first time.
    they went against canon when they introduced the Chiss into this time period. In the Book Outbound flight Thrawn said that though the chiss knew of our galaxy the Chiss decided not to interact with us, until the smugglers came into the unknown regions.

Know I do know that Palpatine did have contact with Thrawn at some point in time but it was DEF not in he SWTOR timeline, Now Ewoks REALLY!!!!!!!! couldnt stand them in RotJ and now im stuck with them in SWTOR. *sssiiiigh* with alll the races in the galaxy they give us BLEEPING EWOKS!!!!!!!

finally a lvl 50 legacy has some use... though it would be nice if it would increase the amount of companion you can sent for crewskills. Having a single Ewok doesn't break cannon for me.. it would have been different if you'd create an Ewok race but 1 Ewok which escaped Endor.. why not.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychlon View Post
    finally a lvl 50 legacy has some use... though it would be nice if it would increase the amount of companion you can sent for crewskills. Having a single Ewok doesn't break cannon for me.. it would have been different if you'd create an Ewok race but 1 Ewok which escaped Endor.. why not.
    now herein lies the problem Ewoks are a PRE-SPACE flight species they use SPEARS and ROCKS and LOGS as their weapons of choice over 300 YEARS before SWTORS time.

so how does ONE lonely Ewok manage to get off a planet with NO valuable resources ho strategic value and NO use the the Empire or Republic? This for me is where the canon breaking and BSery is. But as somebody else said in this thread BW already broke canon so why not break this timeline too. I am sure that as they thought of this there are Story artists writing up the SW Wiki and reshaping canon and Lore to fit them in there. Torgruta Gand Quarren Taht medusa shake head race so many other races taht HAVE space flight and they give us EWOKS the RotJ version of GUNGANS !!!!!!![COLOR="red"]

Edit: srry for the venom of this post but I am really starting to lose interest in all things SWTOR now. they SAID they had 300 YEARS of time to work with and they go FORWARD 300 years (well 305 years)and bring back Ewoks
    Last edited by WoWGoneBad; 2013-07-01 at 05:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    now herein lies the problem Ewoks are a PRE-SPACE flight species they use SPEARS and ROCKS and LOGS as their weapons of choice over 300 YEARS before SWTORS time.

so how does ONE lonely Ewok manage to get off a planet with NO valuable resources ho strategic value and NO use the the Empire or Republic? This for me is where the canon breaking and BSery is. But as somebody else said in this thread BW already broke canon so why not break this timeline too. I am sure that as they thought of this there are Story artists writing up the SW Wiki and reshaping canon and Lore to fit them in there. Torgruta Gand Quarren Taht medusa shake head race so many other races taht HAVE space flight and they give us EWOKS the RotJ version of GUNGANS !!!!!!![COLOR="red"]

Edit: srry for the venom of this post but I am really starting to lose interest in all things SWTOR now. they SAID they had 300 YEARS of time to work with and they go FORWARD 300 years (well 305 years)and bring back Ewoks
    How does one ewok escape?
    They explain it in a cutscene.

a true pure-blooded sith landed on endor in this era. it wasn't a known planet though, so space ships find their way to it. it's certainly not impossible for it's story to work.

i hate ewoks with an unearthly passion and desire to do nothing but slaughter them endlessly. so i will not be blowing any money or credits on this little shit-stain.

As long as it's a companion I'm good with it.

I don't think I could stomach it as a playable race but as a companion, it's easily enough to avoid.

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post

SWTOR plays around 3600...

Around 3,645 BBY, the Republic had set-up a secret bio-lab on the moon.
    The moon's history was constantly being shaped by starships crashing on the backwater satellite, introducing new species and technology which had to be integrated into the local politics and ecosystem.
    ... see above link.... it's far less non-cannon than you make of it. There is no Ewok invasion or Ewok character creation or an Ewok Secret Intelligence on Dromund Kaas... .

Quote Originally Posted by Psychlon View Post
    There is no Ewok invasion or Ewok character creation or an Ewok Secret Intelligence on Dromund Kaas... .
    Yes... Of course there isn't...
    <_< >_>
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

I hope I can give her a little spear to fight with.