Old Dalaran - invasion point of the Legion?

If you go to Dalaran crater in Hillsbrad Foothills and stand around any of the mages there long enough, you'll start hearing them say things like "The magic used to move Dalaran was too strong, we cannot hold it back forever!" or "We must dissipate this power before it is noticed by elf or demon" or "We must contain the arcane power we have unleashed", not exactly quoted but something along these lines.

I think that Old Dalaran is now like another Maelstrom, it's a beacon of energy for any demonic power out there and the Legion will invade through it. After all, in Warcraft 3, when Archimonde destroyed Dalaran, he says in the cinematic "you built your cities over stolen knowledge" or something like that.

And Dalaran was built over a nexus of Ley lines, which are like the magical veins of Azeroth.

REPENT! REPENT! THE END IS NIGH!

They will probably come through the sewer pipe down in the crater.
    Emotional Skyscraper ~ Cosmic Mind

Quote Originally Posted by Orgrim Doomhammer View Post
    They will probably come through the sewer pipe down in the crater.
    That is my guess as well, although I'm assuming they'll try to conjure a bigger sewer pipe to summon Sargeras as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty cool idea, it could turn out into a 'dark portal v2'. Could also breathe a little fresh air into our beloved Lordaeron.

My theory is that a huge meteor falls right into Shattrath and that turns out into the path to the next expansion.

Deleted
    Would be v3, had two already

Quote Originally Posted by hitandruntactic View Post
    oh no the legion oh no, whatever shall we do facing a pathetic enemy we've kicked the shit out of when they were at their strongest oh no -.-
    Sargeras is a Titan, and Archimonde destroyed Dalaran by building a sand castle out of it and then breaking it. I'd be pretty scared myself.

Quote Originally Posted by KorbenDallasMultipass View Post
    Sargeras is a Titan, and Archimonde destroyed Dalaran by building a sand castle out of it and then breaking it. I'd be pretty scared myself.

One epic fuckin cinematic if you ask me

oh no the legion oh no, whatever shall we do facing a pathetic enemy we've kicked the shit out of when they were at their strongest oh no -.-
    Sargeras never arrived, in any invasion, and they've only had a tiny portion of their troops in play. We've never fought them at their strongest.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's the Kirin Tor for you. No wonder Malygos wanted them dead.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryre View Post
    Would be v3, had two already
    yep, forgot archimonde's summoning in warcraft 3

Personally I think Ruins of Theramore will be New Dark Portal. There is a lot of wasted magic floating around that spot (remember that Mana Bomb Horde dropped there?). It's a central location on Kalimdor. There are dragons nearby, ready to be enslaved. Humans in that area are quite outnumbered cause of the slaying of Horde heroes in that area. It's close to the ocean to call in Naga forces as well. And.... Last but not least, with the Great Divide in the north and Thousand Needles filled with oceanwater in the south, makes it that the area is a hard to reach spot for armies. Like they can be on a peninsula.
    And if there are a lot of demons there, Alliance is repelled back as well if the demons comes in great numbers.
    Last edited by Z3ROR; 2013-06-29 at 05:02 PM.

Pooling nearly all of Azeroth's resources together, the WC3 push back of the Legion was only achieved in an all in gambit, that required the reckless haste of a demon general. In the War of the Ancients 2/3 of the planet had to be nuked, essentially, to push back the Legion the first time, and the world NEVER recovered from that attack. The epicenter of the blast continues to this day as a weak point of the world, that could be used to destroy the entire planet. With the Sunwell, it took a sentient body of magic to close a portal before a real invasion could even begin.
    As has been mentioned, when the demon lords of the Legion aren't written into doing stupid things, they have incredibly stupid destructive power. When the Well of Eternity went critical and took out 2/3's of Azeroth, Azshara held back the blast and the raging oceans of water coming out of the Well around the former capitol city Zin'Azshari, which was built around the Well. As the city fell to the bottom of the newly created ocean, she alone created and maintained a spell that protected the entire city. It took the entirety of the Kirin'Tor to just LEVITATE a small city, and this individual did so much more on her own. In comparison to Sargeras and his Lieutenants Azshara was dwarfed in magical ability, she knew and admitted this (to herself), that is why she wanted to join and hopefully use them to reach her goals.
    The most important thing to remember is though, demons do not die. When their physical form is slain, they return to the Nether and reconstitute. As it currently stands, we haven't actually done anything to the Legion other than set it back.
    What are you willing to sacrifice?

10+ Year Old Account
    We have never faced the legion at its strongest, Sargeras have not been in action in any of the previous invasions and we have not seen their forces in its full scale yet either.

On the topic of that, kil'jaeden is not dead yet either, hes just pushed back into the twsiting nether.
    Last edited by zealo; 2013-06-29 at 05:24 PM.