10+ Year Old Account

10 Incredible Facts About World Of Warcraft

Deleted
    This is obviously very outdated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Before people ask/need to check, this video is June 27, 2013 so it should be "up to date".

That one where they hit level 90 in 12 hours is kind of....odd. But I guess with RAF it could be possible? Meh there has to be something about that....

EDIT: Also, 75% of people who play are dating somebody who plays WoW? Bullshit.

Deleted
    Also, 75% of people who play are dating somebody who plays WoW? Bullshit.

Yah, how the fuck did they quantify that? When I actually used to play a lot I knew a lot of people and eveyone of them was either in a relationship outside of WOW and if their partner was playing WOW it was mostly likely a married couple.

---------- Post added 2013-06-29 at 06:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    Before people ask/need to check, this video is June 27, 2013 so it should be "up to date".

That one where they hit level 90 in 12 hours is kind of....odd. But I guess with RAF it could be possible? Meh there has to be something about that....

The 12million players average 22.7 hours(week playing. COMPARED to 35 hours at work.

If the subscriber number is outdated everything else is probably aswell.

There's an article on Kotaku about the guy that hit 90 through archeology. This video not only got his name wrong, but completely screwed up the time it took. In reality, it took the guy 12 days, not 12 hours.

EDIT: Link to the article.
    http://kotaku.com/5952018/after-twel...lling-anything

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arent View Post

Yah, how the fuck did they quantify that? When I actually used to play a lot I knew a lot of people and eveyone of them was either in a relationship outside of WOW and if their partner was playing WOW it was mostly likely a married couple.

The 12million players average 22.7 hours(week playing. COMPARED to 35 hours at work.

I guess I missed the subscribers number. Yeah this video is janky as hell.

http://kotaku.com/5952018/after-twel...lling-anything

12 hours, 12 days, what's the difference!

I really don't get the point of this video, the "facts" were about as interesting as saying "World of Warcraft is a video game!", at least if that one was in it'd be one of the few actual facts.
    Last edited by IRunSoFarAway; 2013-06-29 at 06:37 AM.

What a waste of internets...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arent View Post

The video also says that Asia was 48% of the subs in 2009. For all of 2009, Asia had the majority of subs (close to 55%).

Deleted

It was probably done with recruit a friend + any other experience boost possible. This video is very deceptive...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus4eva View Post
    10 Epic Facts about World of Warcraft (text version, including spelling errors and capitalisation):
    All that you need is to divide your facts to one fact per page and having millions of ads and popups everytime you click "READ NEXT FACT"-button. And have some stupid "witty" remark after every fact. Next article would be "12 BEST FEMALE FIGHTERS IN OUTLAND" or something.