Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    With the 15bucks you saved being unsubbed to WoW this month, you can buy about 90 steam games during the summer sale (which just started) and be occupied for the rest of your life, making beta completely irrelevant

Nobody really knows how they choose who gets beta access, but I doubt it'd be a factor.

It's only beta anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by insectoid View Post
    Didnt people get into the beta of wow faster by being subbed for a long time and the time of their account creation? Think i heared something about that with MoP
    I have been playing WoW since vanilla and my account has been active for about 7 years subbed with multiple accounts over that time. I have never ever gotten a WoW Beta invite (TBC/WotlK/Cata/MoP)

I did get SC2 and Diablo 3 beta invites which I didnt give a shit about >.>

Deleted
    NO. if they send HS beta to ppls that are not subbed to wow there's a big chance they will because of that mount you get.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I'd love to say it wouldn't affect your chance...
    I love doomsayer mods.

No, it won't affect it, because that would be bad business. The one thing Blizzard doesn't do is bad business. Regardless of what all the little kiddies think.

I'm in favor anything that excludes others and increases my own personal chances of getting in.

To answer honestly though, probably won't impact your chances at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    if you have diablo 3 & SC2 you should have an equal chance, even if you are not subbed to wow.

IMO.
    Hi

Deleted
    I think not. Think also that you can play the PTR without having an active subscription (I did it 2 days ago to check the Proving Grounds), so I assume if they give you the chance to try new content patches without being active I think they let you get into the Hearthstone beta since it's not a WoW expansion but a total different game (even if it's related to Warcraft).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterday View Post
    I think not. Think also that you can play the PTR without having an active subscription (I did it 2 days ago to check the Proving Grounds), so I assume if they give you the chance to try new content patches without being active I think they let you get into the Hearthstone beta since it's not a WoW expansion but a total different game (even if it's related to Warcraft).
    You do need to be subbed to the WoW for beta access though, no?

I understand that it's "Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft", I just highly doubt that they will cut out people without WoW out of the beta.

There's no reason that they would do that.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Deleted
    Lets be realistic and look from business perspective.

What's the point of giving beta key to free loader?

Back when there was SC2 beta, my pal signed for it. He didn't have nor wow, nor sc:bw, yet his PC was 10x better than mine. And what do you know? I got into beta. I know this is example from my personal experience.

But frankly, company that was yelling "No to PvE -> PvP transactions" few years ago, now will sell experience boosts for Asia and fluffy helms on the shop... so yeah, you pay the money, you get the shady beta key.

Quote Originally Posted by SeptemberCrab View Post
    Lets be realistic and look from business perspective.

What's the point of giving beta key to free loader?

Back when there was SC2 beta, my pal signed for it. He didn't have nor wow, nor sc:bw, yet his PC was 10x better than mine. And what do you know? I got into beta. I know this is example from my personal experience.

But frankly, company that was yelling "No to PvE -> PvP transactions" few years ago, now will sell experience boosts for Asia and fluffy helms on the shop... so yeah, you pay the money, you get the shady beta key.
    1. They dont give beta access to the people with the best computers only. They like to get a little bit of every type since they want to make sure even the Toaster can run it.
    2. I dont see where the helm and cash shop has to do with a f2p game that is still in Alpha.

Bet they choose the participants by their hardware, not by their subs.

Deleted
    If your are not subbed to WoW you won't get any beta invites for WoW betas, it shouldn't affect chances for HS. Altough sadly enough, chances are it will. Guess we'll never know.
    Last edited by mmoc9bca5565b2; 2013-07-20 at 11:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Bet they choose the participants by their hardware, not by their subs.
    Most likely. They're not letting us submit our hardware configuration to sign up for nothing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Most likely. They're not letting us submit our hardware configuration to sign up for nothing.
    Yeah, I found those friends of mine with a Mac got into the SC2 beta pretty much all at the same time. Since then I know people who submit as OSX instead of Windows to make it look, at least a slight bit more, different from the rest.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that put's this argument to rest: http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/.../9573037331#16

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Having other Blizzard games attached to your account or active does not affect your chances of getting into the Hearthstone beta.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's good to see this confirmed. I've got a few friends I'd like to see in the Beta with no Blizzard games.

This is how it works,

- They give access to employees & family
    - They give access to well known players that will (after the NDA) review their games and have a history of giving constructive criticism and/or basically, that have some sort of online following
    - They give access to sites like Curse along with a certain amount of keys to giveaway
    - They may give access to gaming magazines -- but realistically, those are dying compared to 20 years ago
    - They randomly select from the beta sign ups
    * 25% of people with high log in times
    * 30% of people with medium log in times
    * 40% of people with low log in times
    * 5% of people with no active subscriptions and/or extremely low log in times

Probably...
    mmo-champion has become full of trolls and bad admins.

i have 2 accounts

1 since release day#1
    got 2 into betas..

1 account since late BC
    got allmost into every beta ,even got that new battlenett hing beta yesterday on my other account >.<

account 1 has like 4 wow accounts on the battle net , sc2 , d3 evrything like 500$ worth of server change , pets , mounts , what ever ^^
    account 2 has 1 account nothing else :>

so i guess its realy random , or they dont like my main account ^^