Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Average time to get Lore Master

Hey there,

I got 2 months vacation, and i was wondering how long it will take to get lore master?
    i will play an average of 8 to 16 hours a day.

Any ideas how long this will take?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    2 Weeks at worst. Now, pre cata loremaster was completely diffrent thing.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    2 weeks is pretty long, atleast if you play 8 to 16 hours a day. As 90er.

Also i have already, Eastern Kingdom and Cataclysm.

Deleted
    depends if you also want too read and listen too all the story thats being told.

if you skip over that 15-30min per zone. with it it can last up too an hour per zone (that is for the low level zones were you blitz through the quest objectives)

Some zones were really easy and others were tedious. Silithis for example (collect quests every damn time) were the biggest pain as its easier just to kill things and be on your way. The area above Ogrimmar takes forever as well (140 quests I think).

Some of them are really fast though. Winterspring was fairly straightforward. So was Northern/Southern Barrens.

Depends on the area. BC and Wrath will probally be the most time consuming though, especially with all the flying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowserkills7 View Post
    Some zones were really easy and others were tedious. Silithis for example (collect quests every damn time) were the biggest pain as its easier just to kill things and be on your way. The area above Ogrimmar takes forever as well (140 quests I think).

Some of them are really fast though. Winterspring was fairly straightforward. So was Northern/Southern Barrens.

Depends on the area. BC and Wrath will probally be the most time consuming though, especially with all the flying.
    I'm alliance, got no quests in Azshara luckily =)

I'm atm doing southern barrens, it's not long but it's not fast either x)

Less than two weeks easily! Well until you get to Nagrand and spend hours trying to figure out what the last few quests are....

I used the addon Loremaster when I did mine. It shows what quests you have completed and what you have left for that area if you are stuck.

Deleted
    Haha agreed, they slim lined the zones and removed a lot of the quests opting for higher xp rewards from the remaining quests. Pretty easy to "accidentally" get loremaster on your alts now while leveling if you do the questing thing like I prefer to.

As most have said it'll take you few days to a couple weeks at most all depending on your play style i.e how long you spend playing a day and if you read all the text and listen to all the chatter as you go.

Good luck for your achievement though, it's a cool one to get and if you like lore it can be really enjoyable

Deleted
    Won't take that long, 2-3 weeks tops with 8-16 hours a day to play.
    The hardest part is the TBC loremaster parts tbh, allot of the quests are cross zones, and you need to finish certain parts in certain zones to open up other ones in other zones.
    Other then that all the other zones are super linear to complete and don't take that long.

Good lord yes.
    Was a pain in the ass when it was XX/3000 quests (or was it 500, can't remember) and then finding out you're at 2996/3000 and all I could think of was...
    凸(`⌒´メ)凸

Deleted
    my favourite is pandarian loremaster...but worst i think that is cataclysm loremaster achiev

Quote Originally Posted by Vynistra View Post
    Good lord yes.
    Was a pain in the ass when it was XX/3000 quests (or was it 500, can't remember) and then finding out you're at 2996/3000 and all I could think of was...
    凸(`⌒´メ)凸
    That's Seeker, as far as I remember? Or was it different before Cata.. can't remember, so sorry if I'm wrong

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynistra View Post
    Good lord yes.
    凸(`⌒´メ)凸
    Was 700 (Alliance) or 685 (Horde) quests for Loremaster of Kalimdor and 700 (Alliance) or 550 (Horde) for Loremaster of Eastern Kingdoms

But yea, trying to get those last few quests was a pain :P
    FFXIV: Rintha Elenah | WoW: Rinth | GW2: Reno Turan

Deleted
    Playing that kind of hours maybe u will get it in like 1 week I think, good luck btw on doing it , is really boring some of the places. :s

Deleted
    Not more than a week. You can easily do Kalimdor in 1-2 days maximum. The ones that take time is northrend and outland.

As a 90, the quests should all be one shots most of the time. But ya you should be able to finish one continent per day with the amount of time you plan to play. If you want to take your time and actually read/enjoy the quests, try giving yourself a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Spellweaver View Post
    Was 700 (Alliance) or 685 (Horde) quests for Loremaster of Kalimdor and 700 (Alliance) or 550 (Horde) for Loremaster of Eastern Kingdoms

But yea, trying to get those last few quests was a pain :P
    eastern kingdoms wasnt too bad. kalimdor was a royal pain Place I hated the most was Aszheara. YUCK!!!!!!!!!

re the original question: I believe you can do it in less than a week

Shadowmoon Valley was a pain as well. I ran out of quests and did Netherwing for a while to unlock the last few I needed.
    TBC was the worst, because quests leading to others in another zone was so irritating. I remember a few of them in Nagrand and Blades Edge Mountains.

Azshara was the worst area for me. But as an Alliance, I am not too sure what would be bad for you. Probally Pandaria if you are on a PvP server. Icecrown was super boring.

Deleted
    Pre-Cata loremaster wasn't too bad, given that Blizzard relented and gave us (or rather, the addon developers) access to querying the server for a list of completed quests. I was about 50-60 quests short on both EK and Kalimdor when 3.3 landed, and I had it finished in no time.

I did Loremaster twice. Pre-Shattering
    That was a nightmare... No breadcrumb quests.
    No idea what the hell you are missing and GROUND MOUNTing everywhere. Kill evry type of mob in the area atleast 10 times hoping for a quest drop
    TG for Flight Points.

And Post-Shattering
    Smooth Progression.
    Breadcrumbs
    Auto-completes.
    Fly Mounts and Super speed
    Took me 3 days to clear Kalimdor, EK and Panda land.
    Made a nice heap of Gold from it as well.

It is almost a shadow of what it was like previously.
    I dnt wish Pre-Shattering Loremaster on any1.
    Spent days upon days. Scanning through Wowhead, reading quests and trying to remember if i did them and checking if i couldnt remember

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    Not more than a week. You can easily do Kalimdor in 1-2 days maximum. The ones that take time is northrend and outland.
    I would say Panda land to be the most annoying.
    Especially on pvp server or Flood pve server
    The gold and BoE's are a good profit tho