Page 1 of 36
... LastLast

5.4 World Boss (Ordos) requires Legendary Cloak to reach

"Ordos is a difficult world boss that requires you to have a legendary cloak to get to him. He will respawn every few hours or so, but the main gating mechanism for him is getting a group together that all has the cloak. He drops items that will be anywhere from Normal to Normal Thunderforged quality."
    Apparently Ordos will be unreachable for anyone who is not wearing a Legendary cloak. That is why the bridge leading to his area is broken; having a cloak will let you glide across. There will also be tech in place to stop Warlocks from summoning non-cloaked players.

Though it may sound bad at first, I think this is an attempt to implement a very hard world boss (like pre-nerf Oondasta) without having to make it killable for random people. The reason Oondasta was so hard to begin with is because the majority of the groups were poorly geared and poorly experienced and there was no way to stop or deter them from attempting him. If the groups had been made up of experienced raiders he would not have seemed so difficult.

This way they can make sure that every person participating in the Ordos fight has at least a reasonable amount of gear and raid experience. Although strict LFR players may end up with the legendary too....

What do you think about this? I think it's generally a good idea but it's going to make finding groups extremely difficult, especially in the first few weeks of the patch.

EDIT> When Blizzard say he will drop normal/thunderforged gear they obviously mean SoO normal and SoO "thunderforged(ilv553 and above).

EDIT2> Keep in mind that this boss is entirely OPTIONAL. It is not part of progression, it's just a little bonus for people who've completed the legendary. There will be four more world bosses this patch that everyone can kill.

Notice: A warning on page 34 has been posted in reaction to the insults and rage, please discuss the thread more peacefully (like most users).
    Last edited by Azshira; 2013-06-30 at 10:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Much better implementation, and should lead to more intresting mechanics. And another form of content for the people that have put in the effort to obain it.

Also, before anyone says '' but my server is dead QQQQQQ'' Let me direct you to Virtual Realms, which is basicly server merges coming in 5.4, so it all comes down to how many people put in the effort for the questline.

Im intrested in knowing if the boss is 40man ''required'' or can it be tackled with less people like Nalak? I assume hes gonna be a lot more dificult than him so, I doubt it. Pretty excited for it, had my cloak for a few weeks now :P

10+ Year Old Account
    It will be nice, if the boss will be a difficult boss. But it can get annoying if people have bad RNG with the two collection quests in ToT. I'm only on my 6th Titan Runestone thingy after doing full clears each week.

I like it. People should be able to use cross realm social mediums such as OpenRaid to find groups, and making it require the legendary cloak means they can very well tune the boss for 25-40 somewhat geared people. And by that I mean probably 510-515+

10+ Year Old Account
    It's utterly fucking stupid and ass backwards. Seriously it's terrible design to lock other players out so SOME people can feel fucking special. I hope they lose a whole bunch of subs over this. Or better yet I hope theirs enough backlash they reverse this.

Warning: Tone down the language. -Azshira
    Last edited by Azshira; 2013-06-30 at 12:48 AM.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    It's utterly fucking stupid and ass backwards. Seriously it's terrible design to lock other players out so SOME people can feel fucking special. I hope they lose a whole bunch of subs over this. Or better yet I hope theirs enough backlash they reverse this.
    Even though I'm far away from the cloak, it's not locking people out. It's a gating mechanism that is available to everyone to accomplish if they put the time (and luck) into.

casuals gonna casual lol. you already have lfr and flexi raid what else do you want idiot
    #1 fire mage US. u mirin'?
    "Aaah ah ah ah ah ah ah yea, f*ck me, ah, f*ck, aah yeah"
    - Jenna Jameson

if you have your cloak chances are normal and normal tf gear is pretty useless to you, i hope they mean the new normal/new "tf" items from soo and not tot loot

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abstieg View Post
    Even though I'm far away from the cloak, it's not locking people out. It's a gating mechanism that is available to everyone to accomplish if they put the time (and luck) into.
    A gating mechanism is locking people out. It's not a hard lock coded into the software but it is virtually the same in effect and for basically no reason as far as I can tell.
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    if you have your cloak chances are normal and normal tf gear is pretty useless to you, i hope they mean the new normal/new "tf" items from soo and not tot loot
    Ofcourse is the new loot -.-

So a boss that can only be done by people with the cloak only drops normal/TF gear, nice. Lol. It's not like Nalak or Lagdasta drop normal-quality gear.....oh wait. Oondasta was never hard, only if you had idiot tanks who'd face him toward the raid (facing him to the wall is so tough.) Sad thing is, there are people still on the Secrets after months of raiding. I personally think it's a bad idea considering the loot that will be dropped, and again, people having terrible RNG still stuck on Secrets, let alone Runestones, for months.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Ofcourse is the new loot -.-
    How do you know? it specifically says TF, not Bloodsoaked (SoO's TF gear.) Albeit the wording is from MMO-C, not sure where the source is of it.
    Last edited by Hayro1; 2013-06-29 at 04:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A gating mechanism is locking people out.
    So nearly everything in the game locks people out in some way or shape?

Deleted
    As long as he doesn't drop a mount I'm happy. Otherwise I'd be pissed I can't farm him on multiple toons.

A gating mechanism is locking people out.
    That's like saying gear requirements for raids is "locking people out". If you want to fight the boss, you must first attain the strength and skill required. Having the cloak is just proof of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abstieg View Post
    So nearly everything in the game locks people out in some way or shape?
    Not really. Pet battles have virtually no "gating" mechanism.
    The hammer comes down:

10+ Year Old Account
    I like it a lot but:

what about warlock portals?^^

Deleted
    If you put in the effort by completing the Wrathion Chain you get rewarded by having a World Boss, I think this is a good idea and I don't understand why people that doesn't even bother with almost the "main story" off MoP complain about that it's not fair.

But this is pretty much the standard of WoW today, everyone want everything handed on a silver plate to them.

And no, you can't complain about rng with Runestones since they implemented 100% droprate from Lei Shen and there is atleast 8 weeks until the patch. Thats 8 guaranteed Runestones.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    I have the epic cloak and my character has never set foot into normal ToT. I'll be having the legendary cloak without having set foot into SoO (based on the datamined quest). The loot will still be useful to me. And of course it will mean SoO loot and not ToT loot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    That's like saying gear requirements for raids is "locking people out". If you want to fight the boss, you must first attain the strength required.
    Actually yes it is. However the degree of commitment and yes I know TIME to get the cloak versus getting the ilvl to fight lfr are far different. FYI terrible players will still get the cloak. Terrible players can and often do have all the time in the universe. I ihope this boss falls flat on it's fucking ass, I hope this decision bites them on the ass, and I hope their is severe backlash over this. It's bone headed DUMB DUMB DUMB.
    The hammer comes down:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivena View Post
    I like it a lot but:

what about warlock portals?^^
    Almost positive that warlocks need a path to be able to put down thier portals, so that wont work to get you across the bridge :P