Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I keep hearing that Blizzard is designing the raids with the cloaks in mind. So would that mean they would try to kill the tank once a minute?

Quote Originally Posted by Drummerboy View Post
    I keep hearing that Blizzard is designing the raids with the cloaks in mind. So would that mean they would try to kill the tank once a minute?
    doubt it, otherwise tears of people rerolling would overflow forums

Quote Originally Posted by Drummerboy View Post
    Do you have any actual source?

The likelihood of this happening is approximately zero. Only a few % of the raiding playerbase has cloaks. Sure, that % is mostly at the top of the "food chain", but it's not those players that you have to worry about. It's Johnny Average, who's at 4/12N and on step 3 still, who can't then walk into SoO and have any chance in hell at winning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Quote Originally Posted by Choice View Post
    If DPS is your focus than the point is moot, the legendary cloak proc would shit on the contribution of another 1k dodge rating.
    Right, we were discussing the pro's of the REST of our gearsets, given capped haste, hit, and expertise...not the cloak choice.

We got sidetracked, but yes, we all agree that the DPS cloak is the way to go.
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    20k and counting...

Now that the recent updates of the cloak dmg procs on PTR scale with Attack Power instead of % of weapon damage the dps cloak will definitely be the way to go imo, depending on the PPM of the cloak could it potentially end up being an even bigger increase in damage than the meta gem?
    Last edited by Brael; 2013-07-18 at 07:30 AM.

Deleted
    inb4 they change the dps cloak proc not to scale with AP gained from vengence

I am no where near the cloak myself on my paladin (been neglected for way too long) and as of this patch i would choose the DPS cloak over the tank cloak probably if i where to finish the quest tommorow.

But somewhere in the back of my head i feel like i have read that they are changing how stats work for prot pala to make dodge and parry more "desireable" stats than they are atm when 5.4 comes out. Am i way off on this?
    And if dodge/parry gets "boosted", would still the DPS cloak outshine the tank cloak?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysakers View Post
    And if dodge/parry gets "boosted", would still the DPS cloak outshine the tank cloak?
    Yes.

Random word

Quote Originally Posted by Lysakers View Post
    I am no where near the cloak myself on my paladin (been neglected for way too long) and as of this patch i would choose the DPS cloak over the tank cloak probably if i where to finish the quest tommorow.

But somewhere in the back of my head i feel like i have read that they are changing how stats work for prot pala to make dodge and parry more "desireable" stats than they are atm when 5.4 comes out. Am i way off on this?
    Most of what they've said has been "we want you to like dodge and parry" but so far, they haven't been able to figure out a way to make them actually better/useful/desireable. You've certainly read things like that, but they're not ever backed up or founded in reality/math.

That said, avoidance will be "less bad" by pure process of elimination once we reach hit, exp, and haste caps in SoO; this leaves only Crit, Mastery, and Avoidance as the remaining stats. And since you can't get Crit/Avoid pieces, our options are 1) Crit/Mast, 2) Avoid/Mast or 3) Avoid/Avoid. 1 and 2 are going to be personal choices based on what you, your raid, and the fight values more. 3 will still never be useful
    20k and counting...

Yeah i have never seen any numbers to point towards dodge/parry, just remember a ble post mentioning something around the subject.

Thanks for the informative answer.

Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    inb4 they change the dps cloak proc not to scale with AP gained from vengence
    Doubt they would do it, much easier to just disable for protection specs than tracking if ap came from vent or proc.

Also dont see too much difference between weapon % and ap scaling. Our weapon damage scales off ap, so only difference is that the weapon dps (ilvl) is even less relevant now.

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    Doubt they would do it, much easier to just disable for protection specs than tracking if ap came from vent or proc.

Also dont see too much difference between weapon % and ap scaling. Our weapon damage scales off ap, so only difference is that the weapon dps (ilvl) is even less relevant now.

Because weapon damage means you divide the AP by 14 before adjusting for weapon speed (IIRC).

Deleted
    Well if they don't limit each proc to specs, then I'm guessing alot of guilds might use the tank cloak on certain fights to cheese one shot mechanics. Just a thought.

2H weapons are 3.6 speed, 1H weapons are 2.6 speed - that's almost 40% more for the 2H which would be significant on a proc that does a weapon hit every .5 seconds.
    I mean the only ones who are really affected by this are prot pallies/warriors, because everyone else is either 2H or DW.

Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Well if they don't limit each proc to specs, then I'm guessing alot of guilds might use the tank cloak on certain fights to cheese one shot mechanics. Just a thought.
    Tank one is already limited to Protection specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickwickman View Post
    Tank one is already limited to Protection specs.
    Luckily, the reverse isn't true (yet)!
    20k and counting...

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    2H weapons are 3.6 speed, 1H weapons are 2.6 speed - that's almost 40% more for the 2H which would be significant on a proc that does a weapon hit every .5 seconds.
    I mean the only ones who are really affected by this are prot pallies/warriors, because everyone else is either 2H or DW.
    PPM

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Because weapon damage means you divide the AP by 14 before adjusting for weapon speed (IIRC).
    And ?
    "You deal 50% of your weapon damage" vs "You deal 50%/14 of your AP"

Just because it goes off weapon vs ap doesn't really mean much (yes it's better, but not that much)

PPM

And ?
    "You deal 50% of your weapon damage" vs "You deal 50%/14 of your AP"

Just because it goes off weapon vs ap doesn't really mean much (yes it's better, but not that much)
    I thought they changed it to 20% total AP?

PPM
    PPM itself doesn't work in favor of Sword and Board.
    They'd have to actually increase the proc chance for prot paladins slightly and prot warriors significantly for them to gain the same damage from the proc as other classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    I thought they changed it to 20% total AP?
    Was showing how they can have it scaling off AP vs scaling off weapon DMG with it hitting ~ equally hard.

But yes, procs i guess can make a diff.