Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    and then you will get tired of the walking dead expansion and come to the Game of Thrones one.

Quote Originally Posted by Raidbozz View Post
    Speaking as a Lock myself I don't have a problem summoning, putting down healthstones, or battle rezing. The annoying part of summoning is when others don't click the portal to get the summoning stone up. As far a battle rez...I even glyph into the 100% health rez to help people out. A few lazy players aren't the majority.
    This. As a lock also I just summon the stone, anyone can use it so I let the others do the summoning. Cause that is inconvenient and usually takes ages to get atleast 2 people to click.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Yeah all the locks I have asked for summons have been dicks, they say "Just fly here you (naughty words)" and I respond "It's not there for prettying up your action bar, you know"
    They get pretty mad when I say that.
    and I bet that when we do put up summon stones you are one of the people that refuse to click to help summon people.

Job? People play this game as a job?

I got a mage. Surprisingly I haven't been pestered about that many portals yet, but I do get asked for a table in groups. I don't mind doing it as long as players are friendly about it.
    Remember leveling her, did Mogu'shan Palace with a group and there was this really obnoxious guy in there. He treated the rest of the group like dirt too though. He was convinced a druid dps was healing tank, and cursed and threatened the dps for it.
    I don't like it when people demand things, or when people refer to me as 'mage'. I'm a friendly player, and as long as I am treated equally I'll offer my services

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you can't function as your class, utility or otherwise, then you shouldn't have chosen that class, pretty simple to me. No reason to be a douchebag.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    I can't see a reason for people to not be responsible for their own stuff. It's not like food doesn't drop a ton off mobs. And that stuff actually gives buffs.
    Fair enough, in that case I guess I don't need to tank any mobs for your on my tank or heal you at all on my healer as you have your own bandages after all cloth drops off everything nearly and you have your own defensive cooldown to tank bosses and mobs yourself

If people ask nicely, there is no reason not to do a table out side of being selfish and arrogant. It costs nothing but a few seconds to cast, and there is no way at all you can actually justify not doing without coming across as a selfish jerk.

You really do need to remember thats this WoW is a multiplayer game in which we mean to cooperate to kill things. This ain't exactly being that.
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

Quote Originally Posted by achromatickang View Post
    I've noticed that most Mages, and Warlocks seem to get legitimately upset if you ask them for a Mage Table or Warlock Stones and in most cases straight up refuse to do it (this is in Battle Grounds). I've had several Druids rage about why they didn't have to cast Mark of the Wild when someone in a 5-man group asked for it. I constantly see healers refuse to resurrect other players in LFR (which is annoying because I don't want to wait 5 minutes for someone to run back so we can pull the boss). Edit: I forgot about this one. There was a Rogue in my guild who refused to cast Tricks of the Trade on other players because he was afraid it would bump their DPS above his.

Is this just me, or is anyone else noticing that this is starting to happen more often? If so, what do you think the culprit for this sudden anti-social behavior is?
    I can see I see it less when trying to catch up with my alts in LFR older tiers.
    Looks like the "one character people" that have no idea how everyone else works are doing the recent stuff, while the players that know how other classes work are catching up with alts, making things as MSV LFR very pleasant. Because they play as they are supposed to.

And don't get me started with Ahune....

10+ Year Old Account
    To me these things are what makes clases different and i'm kind of exited to drop my soulwell or battle ress or whatever. Not buffing, that's just lazy too you don't even have to buff people individually.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I realize I take it a bit far I admit that.

At the same time if YOU request that I drop a portal so we can summon your friend. YOU need to click the portal to make the damn thing. Not have me stand around with my thumb up my but for 4 minutes.
    Obviously people who request your help and then don't want to help themselves are rather rude. But Swearing at them and threatning to kill them isn't really the right approach. I'd just whisper them, if they don't help in 10s I'd just call it a day basically.

I can't see a reason for people to not be responsible for their own stuff. It's not like food doesn't drop a ton off mobs. And that stuff actually gives buffs.
    So then why do mages even have this ability? May as well just remove it if it's so useless/such a burden.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by achromatickang View Post
    I've noticed that most Mages, and Warlocks seem to get legitimately upset if you ask them for a Mage Table or Warlock Stones and in most cases straight up refuse to do it (this is in Battle Grounds). I've had several Druids rage about why they didn't have to cast Mark of the Wild when someone in a 5-man group asked for it. I constantly see healers refuse to resurrect other players in LFR (which is annoying because I don't want to wait 5 minutes for someone to run back so we can pull the boss). Edit: I forgot about this one. There was a Rogue in my guild who refused to cast Tricks of the Trade on other players because he was afraid it would bump their DPS above his.

Is this just me, or is anyone else noticing that this is starting to happen more often? If so, what do you think the culprit for this sudden anti-social behavior is?
    I am a buff whore, if you wanna call it that. So I pay attention to these things myself.. And here's my observation.
    True, there are some who slacking with buffs and utility. But, honestly.. Yes, I believe it's a social behavior, triggered by the opposite side of the table.

What ever happened to actually asking?
    Can we have a mage table please? Sounds not too shabby, does it?
    But instead, you hear...
    Mage, table! Lock, stone!

Like a command, like an order. You approach me like that, I say "fuck you" bring your own shit.
    There is a multitude of reasons why someone doesn't cast the buff or utility the moment they enter an instance, be it raid or 5 man.
    A polite question should solve the matter though.
    If one asks and the person then ignores them, the ball is in the guys court that was asked. I've seen douches on that level too.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerN View Post
    What annoys me the most is probably a 5 man group when on my druid, and there's a paladin for example. I buff MOTW, the paladin instantly casts BoK.
    Why the hell wouldn't they just learn to cast BoM instead.
    ^^^ This! Learn what classes your buffs conflict with!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lopk View Post
    So then why do mages even have this ability? May as well just remove it if it's so useless/such a burden.
    It's a certain convenience, which is not to be taken for granted, just like that... Even the history of the table spell alone is evidence for that.
    Again for convenience the spell comes now naturally.. But it wasn't always like that.. Did you either not play long enough, or forgot already that tables were learned from books that actually had to drop for the mage in the first place? You've more than often ended up with a mage not being able to put the best table out. Or worse. no one helped to summon it, so the spell faded off with a CD....
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

When you've been summoning tables or Demon TVs for 4 years, you might get sick of it.

But it takes a certain type of person for that. Me, I don't sweat it. If someone asks for a Blessing then I just mouse over to it and click. Done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazroshka View Post
    - Need a portal? I've got a mage and making portals is free. Anyone who charges for something they can make for free is a scammer. Especially when they're doing it to low levels wanting to get to Outland or something.
    So anyone who ever charges more than the cost of mats is a scammer?

---------- Post added 2013-06-30 at 10:07 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Malist View Post
    And for the people that are genuinely flying there or picking up a feast for the raid from the bank? This whole attitude of I don't do it anymore because SOME people are lazy it more toxic than the lazy people. You just let them make you toxic and now you both negatively affect the raid. Good job. It is turning into a big dogpile of being toxic because "other people are too".
    Then there are the people who diddle themselves while the lock is trying to drop a summoning stone. And the people who continue do diddle themselves after the stone is dropped.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always encountered this.

Only if you use cooking food. The shit that drops off mobs or bought from vendor are free/cheap and give buffs. There's no reason for anyone to not have their own food. Like WTF do those people do when they're out killing stuff on their own?
    That dodge rating, so good for non-tanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakari View Post
    Fair enough, in that case I guess I don't need to tank any mobs for your on my tank or heal you at all on my healer as you have your own bandages after all cloth drops off everything nearly and you have your own defensive cooldown to tank bosses and mobs yourself

If people ask nicely, there is no reason not to do a table out side of being selfish and arrogant. It costs nothing but a few seconds to cast, and there is no way at all you can actually justify not doing without coming across as a selfish jerk.

You really do need to remember thats this WoW is a multiplayer game in which we mean to cooperate to kill things. This ain't exactly being that.
    Tanking/healing is the role you signed up for in the group. The mage signed up to DPS, that's his/her job. Dropping a table is a courtesy that isn't a necessity; people act like they are entitled to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    As a Rogue and while I played, I never casted ToT on anyone during raids. If they forced me, I'd cast it on the lowest damage dealing tank.

The raison d'etre of a Rogue in a raid is DPS and only DPS. We have zero utility, we can't heal like loladins and druids and priests, we can't tank like dk's, loladins and warriors, we can't buff we can't combat res, in short WE CANT DO ANYTHING ELSE except DPS.

While I DPS I want to be at the top of the freaking meters, b/c that's why I am brought along in a raid. There is no way in hell that I am going to boost the damage of some snotty hybrid upstart or the damage of anyone else for that matter including other Rogues. While I played, there was ALWAYS competition for a raid spot and only the highest damage dealing players were brought along.

I saw no reason why to increase someone else's damage so that they steal mine (or someone else's) raid spot.
    so u got a raid spot in a bad guild gz? no decent guild worth it's salt would take that selfish outlook into their roster.