Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Of the hilarity of it all! A world boss, which means next to nothing in terms of content/story/lore is made exclusive... if you consider exclusive to mean inaccessible up until you play long enough to earn a reward literally everyone can earn, and the trash bags who couldn't be bothered to afk through lfr each week are crying?! I hope the OP is prepared for a life of disappointment and underachievement because that is what is in store for you son.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like waste of time. Anyone should be able to do the boss just need someone with cloak to summon it.
    Aye mate

Fun fact: Normal mode/casual players will still have a world boss to kill.

This is their way of providing an "Oondasta" or "Galleon" -- something hard for players that you won't be able to bring several full 40-mans to.

Don't get all butt-hurt about it. Remember, Oondasta was supposed to be hard. Players cheesed it by overloading the servers and killing him. Now you won't be able to do that. If you don't like it, tough -- it's not designed for you. Let hardcore/lucky players have their boss and quit crying about it.

It's like every time Blizzard does something for high-end/devoted players, the rest of you can't stop complaining. Get over it.
    Last edited by Belloc; 2013-06-30 at 04:49 AM.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Seems like waste of time. Anyone should be able to do the boss just need someone with cloak to summon it.
    If they change to this, to cater to the demands of the worst-of-the-worst in the wow population, I hope people with the cloak will refuse to invite anyone without the cloak and enforce the original requirement themselves. I know I will.

A BOSS THAT REQUIRES ATTUNEMENT?! BLIZZARD IS OBVIOUSLY FORCING US TO QUIT!

Ffs guys, he's a fucking world boss that will drop your weekly 20-30g to pay for the repair bill you will get fighting the guy. Be happy they didn't require you to have the legendary cloak to do Tier 16 shit.

---------- Post added 2013-06-30 at 12:51 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Eviscero View Post
    If they change to this, to cater to the demands of the worst-of-the-worst in the wow population, I hope people with the cloak will refuse to invite anyone without the cloak and enforce the original requirement themselves. I know I will.
    If a Warlock with the cloak can summon people w/o the cloak, I personally won't give a shit. I just think it's funny that people are crying over this and not how disgustingly awful this expansion has been instead. (It just barely beats out Cataclysm, only because its raiding content is fairly good)
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    They said normal thunderforge ilvl appropriate for the tier.
    that still doesnt tell me anything useful about what gear the boss in question will drop. will it have any relevance to my class? will it be tier? maybe it has a belt i want for tmog? i dunno. and since you cant answer those questions for me either.. ill point you back to my original post of.. im gonna wait till the list is posted before i really worry about having my cloak on day one or not
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've never gotten a piece of loot, ever, from a MoP world boss, so I can't say I care much one way or another.

Luckily this cloak is accessible to every level of raider, even though it never should have been. Don't complain when something new is added that is equally accessible to everyone.
    Mage in <Strawberry Puppy Kisses> on Area 52

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    I just think it's funny that people are crying over this and not how disgustingly awful this expansion has been instead. (It just barely beats out Cataclysm, only because its raiding content is fairly good)
    puhlease! this expansion is the most exciting one so far. ive loved everything about it. if you are gonna pass your opinion off as a fact, at least try and give reasons. (not that we need them in this thread since its not on topic)
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgoblin View Post
    It's just for one world boss. Let's not be too dramatic about this.
    Dramatic are these idiots middle names. It isn't the fact that it's only 1 boss. People just need an excuse to nerdrage. And oh boy will it flow. I stay away from the official forums because of these ppl. But I'm sure as we speak there are threads galore about this. The funny thing is, is most of the super nerdragers are the ones that claim to be so casual, and "it's only a game.". Well, treat it like one then and stop obsessing.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Deleted
    Hope you all realise the patch isn't for several months, and if you can't run LFR, then you probably don't deserve to do this boss.

Took me about a month to get my meta gem from ONLY doing LFR (I got 1 secret from doing a normal alt run with my guild. big woop.) which means if the patch is 3 months away, it gives me 10-12 weeks to get my Runestones and guess what? it just so happens the final boss has a 100% drop chance on them, which means I and everyone else on the quest is essentially guaranteed to get the cloak before 5.4 comes out should they be bothered to queue for LFR, afk a boss for 15mins.
    Last edited by mmoc2233da4339; 2013-06-30 at 05:08 AM.

People loves dem some complainin'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSteveBrule View Post
    Isn't it only required for one person in the group to have the cloak to access the boss?
    No, everyone has to have it. If you find a way into the area without it somehow, you will get teleported out.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Pages of table flipping already in progress here:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Cloak-to-reach

"Hey look, they got something that has nothing to do with me. That's not fair I should be able to have that too!"

Love all the whining about this damn cloak yes RNG sucks but i have gotten the cloak on my Main this week. and my 2 main alts I play are both on Titan Runestones one has 8 and one has 6. All this talk about clearing ToT weekly and have a handful of secrets is complete bullshit. You either did not complete the first collection from MSV/HoF/ToES in a timely manner or your just plan ass lieing period.

Honestly I don't mind this, I mean Ordos is the Fire-God of the Yaungol, no mere mortals should be able to approach him. Be humbled even those with just the powers of the sha, black dragon price, and thunder king can gain audience with him. Even then we don't deserve being able to speak to such an all-mighty being.
    Refer to my signature if you are wondering why I am trolling like this

To be serious though, this is just an attunement. He will have some decent gear, and those with the cloak will be able to get it. I think it's just a nice way Blizz can make it so that a really "epic" world boss can be added without being overwhelmed by numbers. Even by the end of Mists there won't be every single person out there with the cloak, so this will help make a world boss last. (Wonder what they will do post Mists if you wana kill him, not that I would get rid of the cloak anyways). Already he has a hard 5 min enrage, maybe if you pop enough CD's you can extend it but 300k every second will hurt and wipe most groups fairly quickly. It's like a nice additive to the fact that we spent so long getting the cloak.

10+ Year Old Account
    -Blizzard :This patch only rogues will get a legendary! with awesome perks and solo encounters!'' You will also interact with the black prince for the first time!''

- Complainer: Oh man I wish I could do that, that sounds awesome, but my class isnt a rogue, this sucks.

-Blizzard :In this expac ,everyone will be able to participate on this legendary questline, its garanteed that you will finish it! you will also be able to do it whenever you want! You'll also have exclusive storylines and a world boss that isnt even relevant to the story!

- Complainer: omg omg omg this sucks sooooooo much, now I have to put in effort to be able to see this? You mean the rogues didnt get their legendary by /afking on the AH? OMG fuck this!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

A neat idea, I'm only worried there will be enough people to attempt the boss in the first place. I'm seeing a lot of people crash and burn on the solo scenarios or simply write the chain off due to bad RNG (not going back for Sigils).

10+ Year Old Account
    In general, I'm opposed to attunements but this one seems so minor I don't think it's worth getting upset over. With the nerfs to the tier 14 raid collection pieces (and presumably ones incoming for tier 15), even the most serious alts can probably still get the cloaks in a reasonable amount of time.

Really the only people I suspect will end up excluded is the people on fresh 90s who run up and hit it a few times for the tap in hopes they can get some sweet loot that is a zillion ilvls about what they are currently wearing. I am okay with that; we have four world bosses already with that feature. One slightly more exclusive one that requires a bit more preparation and coordination is a pretty fair deal to me.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |