Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skorpio View Post
    Lock+stone+summon?
    = ported out. you must personally have the cloak as mentioned several times in the thread already. at least as it is now.

---------- Post added 2013-06-30 at 04:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Even if none of the world bosses do need forty players how often to people run them with less?
    like i said.. why would you not bring more people? it still doesnt mean its required. and yes my server does Sha constantly with as few as 25 people. simply because not many want to kill sha anymore.. its doable and happens regularly.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

It doesn't hurt to have some aspects of WoW that are exclusive to people who put in a lot of effort.

I'm mostly worried about the people who miss the first wave of Ordos groups.

The first wave will be made up of fairly dedicated and skilled people. However, since Ordos is effectively just an extra Normal Mode boss (SoO Normal and Normal "Thunderforged" drops) and the better set up of SoO (smother difficulty curve and less linear bosses) we can expect most of this group to reach a point where Ordos has nothing to offer them at all even faster than Oondasta gear was rendered irrelevant.

If you can get a group together at all, it can take hours to get enough people to do Oondasta, and there is no weeks-long atunement for fighting him!

I find myself questioning the very concept of the exclusive world boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    It doesn't hurt to have some aspects of WoW that are exclusive to people who put in a lot of effort.
    I have a feeling that unless the requirements are relaxed this is going to end up a lot more exclusive and require a great deal more effort than many are prepared to put up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    like i said.. why would you not bring more people? it still doesnt mean its required. and yes my server does Sha constantly with as few as 25 people. simply because not many want to kill sha anymore.. its doable and happens regularly.
    If you can take forty players no one will run it with less. No one, even though it was easy, ran Sha with less than forty people when it was current content and 25 people who out gear an obsolete boss by 40-50 ilvls is not indicative of player behaviour when it comes to new content.
    Last edited by Pann; 2013-06-30 at 08:37 AM.

sucks a little for my alts, but whatever, main has it and that's what is important.
    Raining Pandarens because of the bouncy racial?
    Quote Originally Posted by rokatoro View Post
    Some Might say it was... (•_•).....( •_•)>⌐■-■....(⌐■_■) A heavy Rain.
    I'm so sorry ;_;

Quote Originally Posted by Worgoblin View Post
    It's just for one world boss. Let's not be too dramatic about this.
    ^this as a true casual player I can honestly say that Blizzard has designed this WHOLE GAME for us. We have many different progression paths and nearly everything with the exception of heroic modes really is accessible to us. The game is great for us now. Just leveled a toon and don't like dailies? Well don't do them just spam heroics for the LFR gear level and hit the que button. Hate raiding but still want loot? Do the dailies. Hate those two? Well the weekly is there for you. Hell we can even get a fucking LFR LEGENDARY! The hardcore people have hardly anything left and they're the ones that got this game it's initial foothold in the market and kept it running through all these years. Honestly this boss isn't even that big of an issue for us casuals either. You will get the cloak from LFR and then get a group and kill him thanks to virtual realms. If the whole getting a group part sounds too hard let me give you a hint at how to do it......GASP YOU MAY HAVE TO FUCKING TALK TO PEOPLE BECAUSE THIS IS A FUCKING MMO NOT SKYRIM. Tl;Dr Stop asking for everything to be a marshmallow que like Cata, get out there and rebuild this community and for the love of Gammon please stop making us casuals look like little bitches with no skill.

Everyone has access to the cape. EVERYONE.

10+ Year Old Account
    yah, wrong. some players, myself included, do have incredibly bad luck. you have incredibly good luck and cant understand how bad others have it. just as there are extremely rich people in the world, there is also poverty. bad luck happens stop pretending it doesnt.
    I've had incredibly bad luck as well, and this is no excuse. If you've played the entirety of MoP, and that is what this legendary and world boss is aimed at, then you should be finishing your cloak well before 5.4. If, however, you've unsubbed at leisure then yes it is your own fault, and can't really complain. Seeing as you can get 1 Runestone at least per week, I don't see how you cannot finish it before 5.4.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's the point? EVERYONE gets a cloak. Calling it legendary is a joke.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

Deleted
    You've had the whole expansion to progress the legendary-questline, I think its pretty pathetic to make a thread and cry about this.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you can take forty players no one will run it with less. No one, even though it was easy, ran Sha with less than forty people when it was current content and 25 people who out gear an obsolete boss by 40-50 ilvls is not indicative of player behaviour when it comes to new content.
    all im saying is, the bosses we've had so far, could have easily been done with much much less then 40 people. and it would have been gamed if the loot system wasnt personal. you dont need to out gear it. having to have this item doesnt mean it still requires 40 people. Blizz might try tuning it for the hardcore people.. but thats still an assumption at this point. sure you can try to to get 40 people with the cloak if you want, but for all we know 25 could prolly do it, in which case you dont have to fill the group in order to do the fight.

---------- Post added 2013-06-30 at 04:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    I've had incredibly bad luck as well, and this is no excuse. If you've played the entirety of MoP, and that is what this legendary and world boss is aimed at, then you should be finishing your cloak well before 5.4. If, however, you've unsubbed at leisure then yes it is your own fault, and can't really complain. Seeing as you can get 1 Runestone at least per week, I don't see how you cannot finish it before 5.4.
    with the fix yes that helps the less fortunate. but to think bad luck doesnt exist and that players who claim to have bad luck is lying? (basically thats what the person i quoted was saying) well thats just narrow minded. ive not slacked on this questline at all. and im still a few runestones short. i only got 1 prior to the droprate fix. that was 5 weeks without any.
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

all im saying is, the bosses we've had so far, could have easily been done with much much less then 40 people. and it would have been gamed if the loot system wasnt personal. you dont need to out gear it. having to have this item doesnt mean it still requires 40 people. Blizz might try tuning it for the hardcore people.. but thats still an assumption at this point. sure you can try to to get 40 people with the cloak if you want, but for all we know 25 could prolly do it, in which case you dont have to fill the group in order to do the fight.
    Before the nerf it was not uncommon to see two or, even, three full raid groups take on Oondasta and I doubt there were many groups that attempted Galleon with less than 40 at the beginning of MOP. Even if it is balanced for 25 players people will still take 40 in order to minimise the risk of wiping.

10+ Year Old Account
    Before the nerf it was not uncommon to see two or, even, three full raid groups take on Oondasta and I doubt there were many groups that attempted Galleon with less than 40 at the beginning of MOP. Even if it is balanced for 25 players people will still take 40 in order to minimise the risk of wiping.
    as to the Oonie problem.. it was intended for coordinated guilds with high skill. what actually happened? it was quickly discovered that you could simply overpower and ignore mechanics by bringing 300 people and doing the respawn run. again.. personal loot played a big part in this. as well as faction tapping. there was no reason not to bring as many as possible to this fight. again.. it was not required, and actually easier with fewer people. spreading out so the laser couldnt jump, makes the fight incredibly easy.. its hard to spread 300 people out.

Galleon was never intended for small groups in mind. but less then 40 could easily do that fight as well. blizzard is capable of making a boss for a smaller group of people if needed. which is why we shouldnt assume it will require 40. since needing the cloak is already starting to sound like an issue for some.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a single world boss. I'm pretty sure you'll survive if you don't get to see it.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Blizzard created an enormous patch to an existing expansion. In this patch, players can obtain a special item, a legendary cloak, as a reward for playing for a long time. Blizzard decided to reward those players with one more thing - a special world boss.

I mean, how can you whine about this? Where is the negative area in this one?

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Delicious casual tears
    Poor u guys, ONE world boss u cant do, guess u can go and un-sub then and let rest of us enjoy 5.4
    It's not like it's got anything to do with being casual and hardcore, just do the four ToT raids every week in lfr and you have the same chance as the heroic geared people to get the cloak, this just screams of lazy people who don't want to do something to get something and want it on a silver platter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgoblin View Post
    It's just for one world boss. Let's not be too dramatic about this.
    You sure you know what kind of community you're asking that of?

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Blizzard created an enormous patch to an existing expansion. In this patch, players can obtain a special item, a legendary cloak, as a reward for playing for a long time. Blizzard decided to reward those players with one more thing - a special world boss.

Someone gets something what some others cant have or at least immediately have is worlds end to some people. And history proves you cannot reason with them.
    Last edited by mmoc2ab87b9ea9; 2013-06-30 at 09:18 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post

I got this from the summery of multiple forums including the official ones ''Yay we don't get to see the boss because RNG hates us'' is mainly one of the prime factors there in addition people feel entitled to see it regardless for some unknown reason.

as to the Oonie problem.. it was intended for coordinated guilds with high skill. what actually happened? it was quickly discovered that you could simply overpower and ignore mechanics by bringing 300 people and doing the respawn run. again.. personal loot played a big part in this. as well as faction tapping. there was no reason not to bring as many as possible to this fight. again.. it was not required, and actually easier with fewer people. spreading out so the laser couldnt jump, makes the fight incredibly easy.. its hard to spread 300 people out.

Galleon was never intended for small groups in mind. but less then 40 could easily do that fight as well. blizzard is capable of making a boss for a smaller group of people if needed. which is why we shouldnt assume it will require 40. since needing the cloak is already starting to sound like an issue for some.
    Unless they limit the group size players are always going to bring the maximum number of people allowed and even trying to find 25 players that have the cloak and are available to run the boss is going to prove... time consuming.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    We already have a 30+ page thread on this: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ach?p=21612273
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Now every expansion, Blizzard releases a new class, or 2 new races into the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    Why would someone create malware for a mac? Is there a black market for photo albums of cats and half written novels?