Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    They said normal thunderforge ilvl appropriate for the tier.
    The boss is tuned for premade groups not pugs that is why the cloak is required, they figured more skilled players will have the cloak thus making the group have a better chance at defeating the boss.
    Would you please enlighten us what getting the cloak has to do with SKILL as I was under the impression its only an RNG questline...

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Same. It's really surprising. I'm kind of shocked.
    It shouldn't surprise you at all.

If anything (as I mentioned in the other post), the negative reactions to this are proof that the 'I don't mind if there's a small amount of content made for non-casual players' statement is generally a lie.

1 out of 5 new world bosses.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's one world boss and you can get the cloak easypeasy by grinding Isle of Thunder mobs for the rep quests, chainrunning LFR wings for valor and drops, and doing the one BG quest that can be done via the normal BG queue before you have to do whatever test the Celestials give you.

edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    It shouldn't surprise you at all.

If anything (as I mentioned in the other post), the negative reactions to this are proof that the 'I don't mind if there's a small amount of content made for non-casual players' statement is generally a lie.

1 out of 5 new world bosses.
    The sad part is that (and you oughta know this, as vocal as I've been in anti-LFR threads) even someone committed to playing the game to cruise and enjoy an easy evening after work can see that Ordos requiring the legendary cloak is neither a noteworthy nor insurmountable hurdle considering how easy the cloak will be to get come 5.4--you don't even need t14 anymore. Just get the item level to run ToT, and do the above. The most commitment you'll need is to put effort into winning a BG, valor-capping for three weeks, and doing the Celestial Challenge for the cloak. People are vastly overstating the level of commitment you'll need to get the legendary cloak.
    Last edited by Thage; 2013-06-30 at 04:05 PM.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

The new world boss isn't mandatory. He's not dropping current gear, right? Only ToT Normal through Thunderforged?

The most they should do is make the Secrets/Runestones a little easier to acquire, but that would be the only catchup I could see being necessary.

I agree that this is being done to encourage long-term extended subscription, but that's hardly a bad thing. I took a long break between 5.1 and 5.3 and I'm working hard at catching up. I'm 2 Secrets away from my meta-gem and then a long grind for 12 Rune stones. That's 3 months assuming that the only Rune stone per week is from Lei-shen. Less than 3 months if other bosses drop Rune Stones.

Gives me a reason to log in, I'll say that.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

This whole ordeal is an example of people complaining for the sake of complaining.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    The new world boss isn't mandatory. He's not dropping current gear, right? Only ToT Normal through Thunderforged?

The most they should do is make the Secrets/Runestones a little easier to acquire, but that would be the only catchup I could see being necessary.
    Why would a next tier boss, that requires a legendary to fight, drop previous tier gear?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fearin View Post
    Why would a next tier boss, that requires a legendary to fight, drop previous tier gear?
    I'm not sure why people got that impression. He will be dropping Siege gear, both normal and "Thunderforged" (it won't be called Thunderforged, but the concept will be the same).

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Legendary cloak REQUIRED in 5.4????!! For a difficult, OPTIONAL world boss that you DON'T HAVE TO DO? Preposterous! I guess 5.4 has nothing at all to offer anyone who isn't caught up on their legendary RNG quests.

Actually, I think this is a really superior system in theory to how Oondasta worked initially: an infrequent spawn that took several raid groups in practice* and was an often frustrating experience that caused severe lag and stability issues. If a world boss is there, people expect to be able to put a 40-person raid together and kill it. It leaves a bad taste in peoples' mouths when they go through the often 30-45 minute effort of putting together a 40-person raid group or three only to get stomped into oblivion.

With this gating mechanism there will be no confusion about who the target demographic of this boss is. In other words, there won't be any random trade chat PUGs trying to beat a boss that isn't designed for them right off the bat, get pissed when they get roflstomped, and retaliate by coming back with five full forty-mans and crashing the server. Again, at least in theory... We'll see how it works out in practice.

* Yes, in theory one well-geared and elite raid group could probably manage it, but in the real world it never worked out that way
    Last edited by hablix; 2013-06-30 at 07:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    hit 90 on my priest a few days before May and already on runestones, really not that hard to get caught up, you will have time still.

I wouldn't be surprised if they make it even easier to get secrets/runestones too.

I wish they would cut the Secrets and Titan Runestones by half.

I've been on the secrets quest since like... a week after 5.2. I run LFR and normal.

I still only have 7.

WAAAH WHY CAN'T I SEE EVERY PIECE OF CONTENT IN THIS GAME WAAAAH. I DON'T PAY TO BE CHALLENGED OR TO WORK TOWARDS SOMETHING I WANT EVERYTHING RIGHT NOW!!!!

Disgusting.

(and before you ask, I do not even have the 5.1 section complete yet)

Only players with the skill and dedication to complete their legendary cloaks deserve their weekly bag of gold and disappointment from this glorious new world boss.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post
    Awesome Blizz, the new world boss in 5.4 will REQUIRE you to have that Legendary Cloak to even get to him.

Well, hopefully the RNG Gods allow me to even finish the damn quest. I've been doing it every single week, and I am STILL on secrets of the empire... I just need 3 more and they will not drop.

Then, I get to do yet another wonderful RNG collecting quest.

Yet another mechanic to keep people subscribed until they announce the next expansion.
    Yet another thread on this, awesome.

OT: While I am currently 1 / 12 Runestones, I'm happy to see them doing this sort of thing. Looted my 16th Sigil of Power on my Warrior earlier today, safe to say he'll never see this boss.

Legendary cloak required = Fuck alts

At least they're still keeping with that theme throughout the expansion. Also, imo, Blizz has done a terrible job with world bosses as a whole this expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    You're full of shit honey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    You should have no expectations for the next expansion IMO...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post

They're upping the drop rates in t14 again and giving a buff to t15 drop rates, which I would imagine includes the secrets/runestones.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Its a free item you can get by literally just AFking LFR. Not that big of a requirement. Besides its an entirely optional boss.

Deleted
    Zergal is right with the time casual people will have the cape as other people, people that farmed it alot ofc have it some months before tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Akial View Post
    Zergal is right with the time casual people will have the cape as other people, people that farmed it alot ofc have it some months before tho.
    How can you "farm it alot"? Its 100% random and the difficulty of the content you do has no incident on when you get it. Do LFR every week -> Recieve Legendary.

RNG is a bit stupid (i'm at 9 Runestones when some of my friends had the cloak for a month) but in the end everyone will have it before the end of the expansion. At least everyone that can literally just press the "join queue" button.

These complaints just shows how hopelessly far gone this game's community is. Its fine i guess, if Blizz can keep all of these "gamers" in the same place while everyone else go play upcoming MMOs, i'm all for it.

All the legendary weapons (minus BC) were exclusive. One person would be chosen from their guild and they would get the item. Shadowmourne and Tarecgosa (and Atiesh and Fangs if you want to count them) had bonuses other than being stat sticks.

Blizzard has released a legendary that everyone has a chance of getting and people are surprised that who ever actually got it get's a little something extra? I'm wondering if the people who are complaining were subbed before LFR was a thing. People should be grateful that Blizzard made this legendary so accessible and complaining about something as small as a world boss for a legendary that again, everyone can have is pathetic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.