Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Couple of things:

1. WoW will not have a 'last' expansion until subs are at least below 1M. That is many years off.

2. I played from beta to the end of LK. TBC was easily the best expansion of WoW I have played. Seen Cata/MoP videos/patch notes and neither offered a sufficient hook. A big black dragon? Meh. Fighting pandas in what is effectively China? Meh.

3. A story worth paying attention too - like Burning Legion - would definitely get me interested. I'd want to know what they're doing to mechanics and the rest of it but I'd give it a serious look.

---------- Post added 2013-06-30 at 08:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    World of Warcraft is/was an excellent game and set a standard for all MMORPGs to come. Having said that, I really hope that Blizzard will do something new with the franchise by the end of the decade instead of catering to the people who would rather just play WoW for the rest of their lives.
    Blizzard hasn't exactly been churning out the awesomeness these days. Diablo3 wasn't awesome. Starcraft wasn't either. Titan better knock some socks off or Blizzard may have no choice but to milk it's cash cow.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I won't return to wow.

i left because of both real life and design decision in game. At first i felt like i wanted to play some more, but after a year or so, i have no desire to play that game again, so many other thing to do with my free times, books, movies, other games, social outing.

now, looking back on my 7 years in wow, well, what was i thinking really. Well at least it was fun while it lasted.

I think this is a kind of moot question, but I don't believe they would announce an expansion as the very last one right before it was released. It seems like a bad business strategy and not like something they are prone to do.

That will never happen, Blizzard will keep churning out expansions as long as we're all sucker enough to buy them.

slime

Currently not unsubbed but do so every few months - I'd probably stick around for a little while during the Last just to see how it all played out.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

Deleted
    There is no other good mmo on the market right now, which is the only reason I still play wow. Will be reconsidering this opinion once wildstar and teso are released.

I would only come back if they made some important changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    to see how it all wraps up? to experience "the end" of wow would be something you could tell the grand kids about.
    HAHA! Somehow I can't imagine a person who thinks WoW is a story worth telling their grand kids about are going to have any.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    the "legion" would make MoP the last expansion for me. i already hated BC.. and any sort of return to it would just about kill WoW for me. there is a very tiny chance they could entice me to stay. but im really not looking forward to it. as an expansion i know its coming.. just hope its later rather then next.
    uh? you hated the best expansion there ever was, ever is and ever will be?

you hated outland? It had zones with such a great diversity as catas just on a continent?

you hated the incredible lore and stories of outland?

You hate the BL?

Whats wrong with you?

as for the topic, i will return at some point, when i get bored with other games. But the idea of an last expansion is really cool. why not make the next expansion the last expansion? It should feel like frozen throne felt for wacraft 3. An extremely well designed expansion of pure quality, a masterpiece, and a compressed loregasm where we will visit multiple worlds in and outside of the twisting nether. Facing a shitload of prominent and overpowered villains. Azshara, the old gods, the titan council, Kiljaden and Sargeras and the new lich king joining forces with the dark horde still hiding in blackrock spire.(as an aftermath, would be a sweet epilogue)

But i guess blizzard is unable to do such great things as they did in the past, they stretch content and lore and milk millions of subscribers.

Compare the old lore with the new panda lore..... i mean pandas, insects and statues...is this interesting?

the "legion" would make MoP the last expansion for me. i already hated BC.. and any sort of return to it would just about kill WoW for me. there is a very tiny chance they could entice me to stay. but im really not looking forward to it. as an expansion i know its coming.. just hope its later rather then next.
    just because it's based on The Burning Legion doesn't mean in ANY way it's going to play anything like TBC did. it simply means that's what the lore is going to be about.

I've not quit, although I'm feeling like it lately...but yeah if it was announced that WoW had 1 more expansion and then they'd start weaning people off of it and onto Titan or w/e, I'd definitely stick around.

10+ Year Old Account
    No Blood Elves for you!

---------- Post added 2013-06-30 at 09:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    I won't return to wow.

i left because of both real life and design decision in game. At first i felt like i wanted to play some more, but after a year or so, i have no desire to play that game again, so many other thing to do with my free times, books, movies, other games, social outing.

now, looking back on my 7 years in wow, well, what was i thinking really. Well at least it was fun while it lasted.
    But...you're here... Does the lore catch your attention?
    Last edited by Polybius; 2013-07-01 at 04:01 AM.

I doubt an expansion being the "last" one would convince me to return. What would convince me to return would be good features, fun mechanics, rogues finally getting some attention, Metzen getting fired, etc etc.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by NonameXADX View Post
    I never quit but I do think it would cause a lot of people to return just to see how it ends. However, I do not think that it is gonna happen for atleast 3 more expansions, Legion isn't the only thing we've got left, don't forget about Emerald Dream, Azshara, Old Gods and stuff like that. And no, Emerald Dream is not "dealt" with it, Dawn of the Aspects novel had hints of the Nightmare coming back.
    Metzen and the others said at the last blizzcon that the storyline for the dream is OVER AND DONE WITH. Stop bringing it up FFS. Malfurion and the other druids wouldnt of been awake to heal Hyjal if the dream didnt close. The druids and Malfurion kept the dream open, if the druids arent in their dreamstate, there is no Emerald dream. Furthermore, with Ysera becoming mortal and losing her powers, that just stomps the foot on your throat even harder since Ysera was " Ysera the Dreamer" Because she brought the dream to life. With Ysera being Ysera the Wakened now, the dream is done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Hard to say. I would have to leave the game first.

---------- Post added 2013-07-01 at 12:12 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Arkamedis View Post
    Metzen and the others said at the last blizzcon that the storyline for the dream is OVER AND DONE WITH. Stop bringing it up FFS. Malfurion and the other druids wouldnt of been awake to heal Hyjal if the dream didnt close. The druids and Malfurion kept the dream open, if the druids arent in their dreamstate, there is no Emerald dream. Furthermore, with Ysera becoming mortal and losing her powers, that just stomps the foot on your throat even harder since Ysera was " Ysera the Dreamer" Because she brought the dream to life. With Ysera being Ysera the Wakened now, the dream is done.
    Uhm...not really. She was just the keeper the Titans made the Dream as an alpha and/or beta Azeroth. Also its noted that the Emerald Nightmare is not gone just sealed in a small area. For now its done, but its been left open if they ever change there mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkamedis View Post
    Note that they never said they will never go back. It is done and over with....for now. They would be pretty stupid to go "nope done, never ever going to look at the Emerald Dream". Metzen could easily just go "the nightmare is back due to x reason" and explain a way for people to go into the Dream. They probably won't do the Emerald Dream until they have a good reason to do it AND if they believe they can pull it off right.

The fact that they delayed Titan makes me think WoW won't be done for a long time (not that Titan is the next WoW, but it would surely be the only thing to truly take WoW down a notch IMO). Even if they had scheduled a "last expansion" (which I don't know why they would, they could continue to milk WoW for years and years before it would become so unprofitable that they'd have to shut it down) it would surely be delayed by quite a bit now.

This is coming from someone who thinks the sub numbers Blizzard advertises is bullshit and inflated (I still believe they barely have 2-3m real subs, if that), albiet still more than any other MMORPG out there.

Blizzard will never announce a "last" expansion. Think about it for a minute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I might come back for a month or so. WoW just hasn't been doing anything exciting(IMHO) lately. Still no housing, same tired old queues, very little truly dynamic content. Way too focused on dailies on LFR. Even if I came back a lot of that would have to change to stay for long.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by silentk59 View Post
    I thought it was common knowledge that this next expansion was going to be the last?

They announced it days ago. They plan for it to end by like 2015 and by then they hope Titan will be out or by 2016.

Thats their projected dates atleast.
    no they didnt,
    stop pulling crap out of your as.