Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    The reason nobody dies on fire elemental anymore is because they nerfed it to the ground. It was proper nasty on the beta, chucking its 1shot circles everywhere and spawning a million adds which were also tuned higher.

Deleted
    I bought the game and playing a Mesmer (lvl 13 atm). I quite like the combat, it's very dynamic, and at least at the moment offers me quite a challenge (I normally do fight monsters a bit higher level than me though). I like the tricks a mesmer can pull, and everything feels quite fluid.

Definitely happy I bought the game. I thought at first I wouldn't like this way of questing, but it's actually quite relaxing (I don't approach GW2 like I did for example WoW...a race to the highest level, which definitely makes me enjoy the game more)

I would say the combat is as challenging as you make it.

If you are an engineer you can run about with your rifle and shoot people. That is kinda fun but in no way challenging but you can then add 3 kits to the equation. Then the combat is vastly more challenging. That is one of the things i like about GW2 combat. You can run about auto attacking or have 25 skills to juggle on the same class. You set your own challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    I bought the game and playing a Mesmer (lvl 13 atm). I quite like the combat, it's very dynamic, and at least at the moment offers me quite a challenge (I normally do fight monsters a bit higher level than me though). I like the tricks a mesmer can pull, and everything feels quite fluid.

Definitely happy I bought the game. I thought at first I wouldn't like this way of questing, but it's actually quite relaxing (I don't approach GW2 like I did for example WoW...a race to the highest level, which definitely makes me enjoy the game more)
    Take note that Mesmers are probably the most trait-heavy class in the game. You really won't get into the meat of playing a mesmer until you're 60+.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends how good and fast you are. If you suck then combat is hard. If you are fast then combat is faceroll. It all comes down to player.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Take note that Mesmers are probably the most trait-heavy class in the game. You really won't get into the meat of playing a mesmer until you're 60+.
    I found Mesmers and Thieves to be more "interactive" than say my warrior or ranger. "Hard" isn't really the way I'd describe it, but at least in most cases you actually do stuff during combat, as opposed to a greatsword warrior.

Though really, kiting with a mesmer is sort of amusing for me. "Run like a pansy while throwing illusions" at some points while leveling.

10+ Year Old Account
    TL;DR not difficult at all, if you are extremely casual you will think this game is godmode but if you want substance stay away.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    TL;DR not difficult at all, if you are extremely casual you will think this game is godmode but, IMHO, if you want substance stay away.
    Fixed for you.

Yea, let's not do the "fixed that for you" stuff. This isn't 4Chan or Reddit.

We all should understand posts are most often expressing an opinion in a thread topic soliciting opinions. Pointing that out is not very useful to discussion. So like, don't.

-- Fencers

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on how you define difficulty. It's much faster than combat in WoW, there's no trinity to protect you, no addons to warn you and macros are very limited.

Some people find the fewer number of spells/abilities make it easier. I had ~45 keybinds as a warlock in WoW iirc, I have only 29 abilities as an elementalist (not counting UI stuff, underwater and downed skills).

Very few bosses have an enrage feature so if you can survive long enough you can beat just about any content given enough time. However many people find the one-shot abilities of the bosses too brutal to deal with.

As far as open world there's a number of Champions that are so harsh no one wants to deal with them (champ kraits and certain giants spring to mind) but the meta event bosses seem to lose their scaling when you start throwing hundreds of people at them. Not sure how they are going to fix that when you've got so many people with such a wide range of levels, abilities, gear and participation. They will never be tuned tightly as a raid imo, but some of the Corrupted God Temple events won't go down without coordination and mindful play. Many guild missions are impossible without coordination and strategy.
    Last edited by Karizee; 2013-07-18 at 07:16 PM.
    Valar morghulis

Aren't there like no macros in GW2? So by limited you mean, none. Right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Depends on how you define difficulty. It's much faster than combat in WoW, there's no trinity to protect you, no addons to warn you and macros are very limited.

Some people find the fewer number of spells/abilities make it easier. I had ~45 keybinds as a warlock in WoW iirc, I have only 29 abilities as an elementalist (not counting UI stuff, underwater and downed skills).

Very few bosses have an enrage feature so if you can survive long enough you can beat just about any content given enough time. However many people find the one-shot abilities of the bosses too brutal to deal with.

As far as open world there's a number of Champions that are so harsh no one wants to deal with them (champ kraits and certain giants spring to mind) but the meta event bosses seem to lose their scaling when you start throwing hundreds of people at them. Not sure how they are going to fix that when you've got so many people with such a wide range of levels, abilities, gear and participation. They will never be tuned tightly as a raid imo, but some of the Corrupted God Temple events won't go down without coordination and mindful play. Many guild missions are impossible without coordination and strategy.
    Thanks for this post. Sounds exactly like my thing.
    I've been playing up to lvl 23 at the moment, and I really like how 'dynamic' the combat is. At the moment it also provides quite a challenge sometimes (mostly when I accidentally pull too many mobs by blinking around). However, it feels pretty nice when you manage to beat those by clever use of your skills (not sure how other classes are, but I'm playing Mesmer).

Looking forward to trying out the dungeons. I got invited to this guild with extremely awesome people. They're very patient and took me to the black citadel jumping puzzle. We also did a fractal (with a very big statue of which you have to break the seals). And they were like...'do you see that big hammer? Want to pick it up? Now you can try to smash the seals'. After a while I died from the stacks (I didn't know there were stacks yet), and then they all had their little fun and explained me what's going on.

Really nice that they're not going for 'efficiency' but just for giving me a good time.