Poll: Do you think Armor dyes would be a cool addition to the game?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ViridianCC View Post
    Absolutely. Of course, though, it'd be about 2 seconds before every Paladin is running around in full black Judgement.
    Oh my god you just gave me the best idea ever if this gets implemented!
    Okay so paladin black judgement/black crystalforge.
    DK Pink t10.
    My life complete.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The big problem with armor dyes is they'd have to go back and recolor every single piece of armor to work with each dye. Sorry but I'd rather they spent that time on new content than player controlled cosmetics.
    They could have in just work on new expansion and all future armor and just leave past armor how it is.
    Aye mate

It could be a good idea as long it's limited to accents of the armor and Blizzard can still create various colorschemes for armor. For example: The golden edge cannot be changed, but the red between the golden edges can.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The big problem with armor dyes is they'd have to go back and recolor every single piece of armor to work with each dye. Sorry but I'd rather they spent that time on new content than player controlled cosmetics.
    I see no problem here. They have an artist team for armor and instead of making new crappy looking armor they could just go and add dyes. It shouldn't really take that long to be done anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    If done well, it would be a great addition. I'm not sure how easy it is to automate a system for recoloring pieces that have shading and subtle nuances (i.e. a simple color fill wouldn't work) but if it can be done, I'd love it.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Would make ppl look more different wich is nice

10+ Year Old Account
    I said yes, but IF it is done correctly. I like the ease of use they have in SW-TOR, but the majority of colors provided, and some of the combinations are down right hideous. The need deeper matted colors and less bright/metallic colors. This is battle gear, not costumes for Mama-Mia.

Alot of people would dye everything hot pink and things would get silly.
    Because flying cows and dancing goblins isnt silly already?

They had this ability in EQ way back in the day, if they brought it to WoW it would need to have dying of each piece and have the ability to shade the pieces etc

/shrug
    Last edited by Larry01; 2013-07-05 at 03:09 PM.

Dyes were a big status symbol in UO, but that game also didn't have the same gearing system in WoW. Gear was more generic, and not the end all goal.

I feel like if it were done right, and certain colors made more illustrious than others, it could be a fun addition to the game. How they would handle the lfr/flex/normal/heroic (god that sounds horrible) color scheme, who knows...

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be pretty cool. Guess we have to see what happens in the future though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    Id enjoy this, it would make things much better than being in a major city and seeing people in the same transmog as you, simply go dye it how you want. I would love this addition

hmmmm a dark red version of warrior's T6.... would be amazing

Deleted
    i would like it, but then blizzard would have to do something else to make lfr/flex/normal/hc gear different , and not just different colours.

Of course. Along with Transmog the level of customization could be pretty impressive.

Deleted
    BROWN ARMOUR!
    For all of you wotlk lovers! We have brown dye just for you!
    Only 500g per piece!
    Buy one today!

Id kinda like it if it was set up like SWTOR where all your gear can be linked to be the same colors as your chest. But since shoulders are the most noticeable in WoW and seems to be one of the last tier pieces you usually get it would be linked to your shoulders. Then heroic players couldn't bitch and I wouldn't have to farm an item I want for 12 months only to find out once I get it that the tints and tones are slightly off of my set and really noticeable.