Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Only thing i want is to be able to use my cat pets with +crit buff...

I would really want some kind of pet "talents" where we could just choose which group buff our pet would bring. Maybe even "real" pet talents like players have, but with ie. only 3 rows, first had CC, second movement, third some DPS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    I would really want some kind of pet "talents" where we could just choose which group buff our pet would bring. Maybe even "real" pet talents like players have, but with ie. only 3 rows, first had CC, second movement, third some DPS.
    That's a good idea but it would only work for a few things, since there's to many buffs and cc abilities to fit onto the talent trees.
    Though it would work to modify the old talent trees they used to have into the new ones since each spec type had key skills which would all fit on a tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Skygoneblue View Post
    I'd wager that the bigger problem is people who don't even read the first post and then just reply arguing something irrelevant.
    The OP said pets were boring. He didn't say they were difficult to control in pvp, that the specs were bad, or that buffs in and of themselves were bad.
    He said pets are essentially buff-bots, and he's right. Curb the attitude and try reading a bit more slowly next time.
    ... Then read what you quoted from me more slowly... "Hunter Community" =/= OP specifically. I was responding to the entire post. Guess I should just respond to the OP? Thank you for teaching me how to digest what I read though. Attitude curbed. I agree that there is not enough reason to go tame every rare pet other than cosmetic reasons. As far as being boring, well if there were small stat differences then everyone would just tame the best one anyway, then what would be the difference? I thought the hunter challenge tame spiders were all pretty fun at the time in the molten front. Ya they are all the same skin, but the tames were fun. What kind of ideas are out there to make pets more fun or intriguing? I mean it is a pet and I like to do the work as the player. Not just watch my pet do it.

I'd never want to go back to the way things were. The only people who liked that crap were theorycrafters who wanted to seem smarter than everybody else.

Could hunter pets use a revamp? Absolutely. But please don't compare it to the old system. The old system was broken and stupid. The new system is just stupid.

I wish pets were a BM spec only thing. I hate the bloat they bring too. Its just a brown colored turd that blizzard tries to polish.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    Can we all agree...
    nope, we cannot.

Gunslinger Class ftw!

That said, I don't think the pets are boring at all. I hated being forced to HAVE to have a wolf for the bonus dps it provided in groups back in the day. I love that my sporebat can be as good a tank as someone else's grizzly bear
    'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

I'd totally play a hunter if I didn't have to worry about a pet.

A hunter, with it's current gameplay, needs pets to be interesting to play.
    Mother pus bucket!

Mm and survival pets are boring, yes. BM pets aren't boring at all. Oh yeah, blizzard will KILL the spec in 5.4 w/ yet another nerf. Got a better shot at seeing an arcane mage or combat rogue in PVP than you do a BM Hunter. Considering BM is on "death row" yes - Hunter pets are definitely boring.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Checkem View Post
    That's a good idea but it would only work for a few things, since there's to many buffs and cc abilities to fit onto the talent trees.
    Though it would work to modify the old talent trees they used to have into the new ones since each spec type had key skills which would all fit on a tier.
    It could work like Glyphs. SV/MM get 1 slot, BM 2. All specs have access to all ´glyphs´ so they can all bring Stats, BL, etc. BM would only have unique models and a 2nd buff/utility.

Bring the pet, not the buff!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NoGoal View Post
    It could work like Glyphs. SV/MM get 1 slot, BM 2. All specs have access to all ´glyphs´ so they can all bring Stats, BL, etc. BM would only have unique models and a 2nd buff/utility.

Bring the pet, not the buff!
    I like that idea, we need someone to make a good post about this so for 6.0 pets can have there own spec, talent tree and glyph panel.
    would be simple to do, blizz just got lazy and couldn't be bothered, since all the talents are already there.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it's boring.
    My only biggest concern about hunter pets are pathing issues especially with Blink Strikes. Sometimes they'd get stuck midair and can't do stuff until I drop out of combat -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    Mm and survival pets are boring, yes. BM pets aren't boring at all.
    Do you mean aesthetically? Because really, the BM play style is absolutely the same as MM and Survival, but with the added bonus of your pet needing to be in melee range for your main nuke. If you think the nuke damage coming from your pet instead of you is "fun", then more power to you. I see them as pretty parallel.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    The day hunters are petless is the day when they are no hunter anymore.
    All arguments you bring up, I actually don't understand. Because pets today are trivialized.
    There are very few situations where you actually really have to worry about them anymore. Ground effects... No problem, pet will live through it, if it takes any damage at all. Hunters are a ranged class.. Yeah sure... Once upon a time. you can get into melee range now just as much as everyone else.
    We've used to have a challenge to find a save spot where we could stand and fire our shots. And the longer you stand still, the higher the dmg you do. Now we can jump around like circus clowns with no difference to our output anymore. The pets became a stat stick of some sort. They need very little brain for maintenance anymore.
    Most of the time they take the same shortcut we take. I remember when they actually always took the logic safe route. You actually had to pay attention for them not to pull half the instance because they ran a whole different way...
    All in all, even though I don't agree with the OP overall, but I even less agree with you.

---------- Post added 2013-06-30 at 11:39 AM ----------

I actually liked the feeding mechanics too.
    Nothing more fun than knowing how your pet died now a few times in a short period of time, and you are terribly in danger of your pet telling you to fuck yourself, it's going to be outta here.... lol
    you must not raid, isnt about the damage or what happen to the pet. is how perfect position needs to be done in order to do anything in pve and pvp.

i remember 1 day that i mastercall someone and consume the cd but my partner didnt got the buff.
    i remember every week in heroic lei shen that singletargeting adds is better than firing 1 multishot to cleave or try to convince my raid leader to stack everyone on my pet during lighting bolts.
    i remember every week in raden that my pet is full retard and moving at 10% speed trough a ball isnt good enough for me to play BM on that fight.
    i remember every week in iron quon that i used to kill command during wind phase, now i cant because im out of range.
    i remember every time i do shado pan heroic or normal with blink strikes that my pet cant dps the serpent and i cant run that fight as bm.
    i remember every week that i need to switch to crows every week on magera to do damage otherwise my pet just run around in the wáter cause is too dirty.
    i remember every day that pets are the worse thing that this game have.

trust me, the day we lose the pet, that day we will become true hunters(have more examples if you need on why the pets are the worse thing hunters have atm and always had).