Bounty system in WoW - yay/nay?

In the Diablo 3 expansion they introduced a bounty system, essentially when you enter a game you're told to visit random locations in the game and kill this guy, or save this chick, or complete this event etc.

Wouldn't this be a great system to get people out of capital cities and into the world (of Warcraft, huehuehue)?

The difference from daily quests is that these events would require groups to complete as they would not be soloable, but not necessarily super organized groups, just maybe 3-5 people so as to have some CC or some healing or some tanking. The events would also be diverse since they would be spread on every world, every continent and every zone, randomly picked each day (3-5 zones).

The rewards would be substantial enough so that if you choose to pursue bounties instead of daily quests you wouldn't feel like you're losing something, and completing 3-4 bounties a day gives an extra cache of goodies.

The bounties could also be PVP objectives to promote world PVP, kind of like Isle of Thunder, you can choose whether to pursue PVP or PVE bounties, or a mix of both. Since PVP bounty zones would be chosen at random each day, maybe 3-4/day, this would also help coalesce more players together to fight, instead of spreading them all over.

I mean don't read too much into my post, just add improvements to anything you see which might needs improvement.

I vote yay!
    Last edited by James Bond; 2014-04-07 at 01:15 PM.

Deleted
    maybe not daily but a weekly bounty would be nice, lets say week one kill a world boss and in week 2 its kill Velen in Exodar.

like the WotLK Raid weekly but now random mixed PvE and PvP

10+ Year Old Account
    They had this in WOTLK as I think you'd all remember because on this website, everyone played in vanilla and was a top tier raider *cough*

I for one would love to see them back, they started in TBC and then got introduced after launch in WOTLK and were really popular, a daily dungeon and a weekly raid. They still exist now just it's a challenge mode only, I'm not sure if daily or weekly I never did it.

I would love to see the return of such a thing. It just needs to have variation, because it's like a daily quest and people just hate those now. No sets of like 3 and then they rotate. It's a fine line to balance people feeling like they have to, having enough of them but equally not just one or two. Maybe even one or two would do it actually.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

The thing about weekly raid is that it takes some organization to get 20-25 people together, these bounties would be more like small task forces, allowing quick, easy creation of grouped content which doesn't take vent or lots of preparation to complete, but still require travel and working together.

Since they would be small, you wouldn't have to wait for peak hours to get groups together, you could see people doing them at pretty much any time of day.

Like "hmm, today I don't feel like doing the daily quest hub, lf2-3m to do bounties", 5 minutes later you're good.

No, they will feel forced if the reward is substantial, meaning better than something you get in other ways. And if the reward is not substantial, nobody will bother...

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    They had this in WOTLK as I think you'd all remember because on this website, everyone played in vanilla and was a top tier raider *cough*

I for one would love to see them back, they started in TBC and then got introduced after launch in WOTLK and were really popular, a daily dungeon and a weekly raid. They still exist now just it's a challenge mode only, I'm not sure if daily or weekly I never did it.

I would love to see the return of such a thing. It just needs to have variation, because it's like a daily quest and people just hate those now. No sets of like 3 and then they rotate. It's a fine line to balance people feeling like they have to, having enough of them but equally not just one or two. Maybe even one or two would do it actually.
    In Diablo 3 they're pretty varied, sometimes you have to clear a cave of monsters, sometimes you help an NPC complete an event, sometimes you kill an elite, sometimes you cleanse a chest of enemies and if you cleanse it fast enough you also get a bonus. The idea would be to get people out into the world and actually give them something to do, something rewarding, not just "19,99 gold".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    No, they will feel forced if the reward is substantial, meaning better than something you get in other ways. And if the reward is not substantial, nobody will bother...
    The rewards in terms of gold would maybe be 20% higher than total daily quest reward, since travel time = downtime, as for other rewards you could choose a faction to get rep with for every bounty completed, high enough to match a daily quest hub completion, and maybe gear marks to exchange at a gear vendor, or even cosmetic items and other non-stat items which make you more powerful.

15+ Year Old Account
    not everything that works in D3 would work in WoW, and vice versa.
    Bounties is one of these things that I am pretty confident it won't work in WoW.

sooo... nay. p.s.: where's the vote?

edit:
    in wow, you can't play solo, you can't decide if you want to play multiplayer, which people you want to play with (in D3 you can, so no competition/mob-ganking). wow is always everyone with everybody (on their server/-group)
    in D3 it is basically a quest you can reset by logging off and clicking a button "reset", in wow it would only turn out as dailies. and I hate dailies. I'm not sure if I hate dailies or LFR more, but they are close.
    in D3 it is a not exactly small amount of extra XP gain, especially for later paragon levels. wow doesn't have paragon levels.
    wow doesn't have waypoints you can instantly port to, which is used for the bounty placement.

there are a lot of reasons why bounties won't work in wow.
    Last edited by xebtria; 2014-04-07 at 01:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ive been saying they should bring this back for a long time, to get people back into the other raids.

Before 5 different levels of a raid, people did the older raids a lot, and I know lots of people did the weekly bosses.

Adding, get 10 honorable kills for like 500 honor/50 conquest by going outside would be pretty cool.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    These are my feelings on it. Diablo is a game that is ENTIRELY based on grinding mobs and getting loot. In WoW, the loot drops are made random for a reason; Giving a higher chance for higher drops makes that progression path better than everything else, and leaves all other progression paths 'obsolete.'

Diablo doesn't have this problem, because once you're doing the rifts and bounties, you ARE at endgame. WoW can't be made the same way.
    Except rares in WoD will drop epics.