Poll: X-pack with best looking tier sets

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Vanilla had the best sets. Shoulders had a normal size instead of the SUPER MEGA ULTRA OVERSIZED BIG shoulders of the sets we have today.

I'd say BC is the best, but VERY closely followed by Cataclysm.

Definitely vanilla due to its tier 3 sets. The colour schemes and overal ideas were so different from what we've seen after that. I'm nostagically biased though.

Deleted
    As a Paladin: Vanilla and TBC. Hands down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burning Crusade! /period

Cataclysm imo, only a few sets i didnt like in that expac.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dreadnaught is probably the coolest Warrior set but BC had some amazing sets. T4, 5 and 6 Warrior all looked sick.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

As a lock, I really liked the cata sets.

Deleted
    Vanilla, most T3 sets are the best for all classes.

Deleted
    I reached max level for the first time in 3.3, so tier 10 just feels so familiar to me. I love all of the designs - back as a noob, they felt like "The ultimate armour sets" as it were xD

These are my personal favourites from Wrath overall;

- Most of tier 10, as I said
    - Mage, Shaman and Warlock tier 9
    - Warlock, Priest and Paladin tier 8

Now days you can't even tell which pieces are plate, leather, mail, etc. They all look the same, and they all look like props from a production of Joesph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. I want my plate armor to one, look like plate, and two, look FUNCTIONAL. I don't want 24 different colors and patterns, and I don't want spikes and adornments in ridiculous places, and I really don't want shoulderpads that are so big that my character couldn't see anything on his periphery. Paladin T4 and DK T10 are perfect examples of what plate armor should look like, not the abominations we have seen recently.

I've already voted TBC as the expansion but for each class I'd go with the following (and this is my personal opinion while playing each class):

Warrior - T6
    Shaman - T5 (I play enhance so that set with the matching fist weapons from CoT Hyjal is great)
    Rogue - T2
    Paladin - T2
    Hunter - T1
    Warlock - T4
    Priest - T5
    Druid - T2 or T10
    Mage - T6 or T11
    Death Knight - T11
    Monk - meh

Once again I am excluding PvP gear. There is a lot of PvP gear I love though. The 458 warrior gear is awesome and I'm currently working on the non-elite conquest Warlock gear.

I hate that I can only choose ONE expansion, I'd have voted both TBC and vanilla, but given that vanilla had lots of pretty poor looking tier sets(T1 T0) and generally the game feels like it's still in development, the vote goes to TBC, ZA/T6 sets for Shamans were amazing, T4/T6 for Druids were amazing, Glad sets for Warlocks, etc.

But if I were to vote sets individually, the best sets were T2 Rogue, T2.5 Shaman and T3 Warrior hands down, they are still the best imo.

Vanilla or Wrath, I thought TBC's were too weird looking.

MoP's are ridiculously awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Duridi View Post
    I am just voting for my own class now, and that would have to be TBC. The time when druid sets actually fit my vision of druids. Ever since then I find most druid sets to look evil or corrupted(or well... that's only halfway true, but I have liked nothing after T7). That's totally oposite of what I personally want my druid to be.
    Exactly my thoughts bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Sazabius View Post
    Depends on the class.
    TBC was a fairly bad expansion if you were a DK >.> for DK WotK was good as have been most of their tier sets (I particularly like t12 firelands non-heroic on my fem nelf it looks angelic).
    Indeed, not evening exsisting is pretty bad! lol

TBC Tier was my favourite, pretty much loved every Druid tier T5/T6 being my favourite <3

10+ Year Old Account
    TBC gear was response for all the blah gear from vanilla, dev's had plenty of time to make the dungeons and raid gear, something that we will never see again due to mogs.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    My opinion depends more on classes because some expansions tier sets were either fucked up or godly looking. But as an overall statement, TBC no doubt and next to it vanilla. I loved pala t2 and warrior t2 along with other t2 sets

A bit torn between Vanilla and Cata, but since Paladins actually looked like Paladins in Vanilla that alone makes Vanilla win.

TBC was okay, but I don't really dig the spacey feel so much that much of it had, or obscure things like Hunter Tier 6 having those eyeball shoulders.

WotLK was very meh. Tier 10 looked great, Tier 9 was just bad, Tier 8 was decent, and Tier 7 was only cool because it was Tier 3, which makes it ineligible imo.

MoP hasn't been very sharp on the Tier sets, they all look pretty bland to me.

Deleted
    MoP for me! I love the DK raid sets from WotLK and MoP, but what made me choose MoP is CM set! Oh my! This set is amazing for DKs! o/