Deleted

Yogscraft and Tekkit video series: Do I have them all?

Early August, I'm taking the train to the South of France, where my parents will pick me up for another several hours trip to the Spanish Pyrenees. In order to not be bored on the way there and the way back to Belgium, I've downloaded a bunch of Tekkit and Yogcraft videos to catch up with the overall series.

I've downloaded the following:

1) Sjin: Feed The World: 26 videos;
    2) Nilesy and Hannah: 31 videos;
    3) Rail Bros Inc: 16 videos;
    4) Yogcraft with Panda: 8 videos, mainly because his playlist isn't that up to date.

What i've already watched and are currently following:

1) the main Jaffa Factory series;
    2) Duncan's Laboratory, including the one on the old server;
    3) Sips and Sjins dirt factory series, about 100 episodes so far, need to watch the final 5 or so, but I enjoy these jokers the least because of that damn lego talk...
    4) Rythian's series (the Blackrock Chronicles), which I enjoyed the most, simply because of the fact that he actually has a storyline that goes beyond a Minecraft Let's Play.

so Yeah, I've got 4 series to catch up with. Any other suggestions for Yogscast members playing Yogcraft or Tekkit (or Volts)?

There is about 65 episodes of Sips and Sjin (2 seasons, the 3rd ended on the 4th episode). They work well with each other and this is probably my favorite minecraft series because it seems like two friends just having fun.

duncan did a tekkit thing before, unless the series I'm thinking of turned into the lab. Sjin does a lot of builds. I think there is another sips and sjin, not sure.

Easiest way to check, go to their pages, check for playlists ... the whole group is pretty good about setting up playlists, and it is easy to hop around between their channels as well.

I've pretty much boycotted the rest of their stuff ... the fiasco with their admin, then the false promises of more SoI for about a year. It went from two friends playing, to a bit more ... to them just taking themselves way too seriously. An few episodes a month or more ... to they can't get a single episode in a year is bullshit. They've had so many excuses it is inexcusable. First it was some 'event', then 'Simon was sick', now it is a canned 'it takes a ton of editing time, but more to come, promise'. It was never the best series, but I enjoyed it; and if it wasn't for all the obfuscation, I'd still watch more of their stuff. When you piss on what made you, you lose my respect. It isn't that they quit making it, it is how they handle it, and continue to. The saving grace is the final admission on reddit that it will be a long time before we see another. Finally, some honesty.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zeropeorth View Post
    There is about 65 episodes of Sips and Sjin (2 seasons, the 3rd ended on the 4th episode). They work well with each other and this is probably my favorite minecraft series because it seems like two friends just having fun.

duncan did a tekkit thing before, unless the series I'm thinking of turned into the lab. Sjin does a lot of builds. I think there is another sips and sjin, not sure.

Easiest way to check, go to their pages, check for playlists ... the whole group is pretty good about setting up playlists, and it is easy to hop around between their channels as well.

I've pretty much boycotted the rest of their stuff ... the fiasco with their admin, then the false promises of more SoI for about a year. It went from two friends playing, to a bit more ... to them just taking themselves way too seriously. An few episodes a month or more ... to they can't get a single episode in a year is bullshit. They've had so many excuses it is inexcusable. First it was some 'event', then 'Simon was sick', now it is a canned 'it takes a ton of editing time, but more to come, promise'. It was never the best series, but I enjoyed it; and if it wasn't for all the obfuscation, I'd still watch more of their stuff. When you piss on what made you, you lose my respect. It isn't that they quit making it, it is how they handle it, and continue to. The saving grace is the final admission on reddit that it will be a long time before we see another. Finally, some honesty.
    I never saw the point in boycotting. Why waste perfectly good content just because they don't reach your expectations in all respects? Only one reason to boycot, and that is if what they're doing is actually harmful and/or completely against your beliefs. I joined them for SoI, and then their adventure maps. I stayed for Tekkit, Voltz, The Yogcraft they're merging them in, and the other fun games they play.

From what I recall from the reddit; the way the went about it was very disrespectful not only to the member of yogscast it affected, but also dedicated forum members. Them being misleading for nearly a year about SoI was enough for me to just give up on them. I also can't stand the face-cam crap they did, around the same time I stopped watching; I was enjoying the farming sim until lewis joined and shortly thereafter, it always had a face-cam. I don't watch the vids to see their (or anyone's) face. I'd not like JesseCox's vids if he put his face in his playthroughs. I wouldn't enjoy the sips and sjin stuff as much if it had their faces in it. I wouldn't like sips' simcity playthrough with face cam.

Back to the point, you don't two face one of your main admins by telling them 'everything is ok' 'you aren't being let go' ... then the jerk admin you hired to 'clean shop' because a different member (tinman) allegedly stole money, fires the dedicated member you told wasn't getting let go (after they hacked into his facebook account and his youtube account), and bans any forum members he just doesn't like or questions the motive of firing the one who was 1) running their servers 2) running their website/forums 3) was active and a positive influence in the online community ...

Lewis let the 'fame' get to his head. I recall him complaining about 'working on the weekend' playing a beta game. For fuck sakes, you play video games for a living ... all 'work' sucks, but get over yourself and realize you have one of the best jobs in the world ... playing games with friends. When you have a series that 'makes' you ... don't lie about it. I don't believe the 'production times' thing ... I think they just didn't want to do it any longer ... and instead of saying 'we are taking a hiatus from SoI, we'll pick it back up some time in the future' ... they just kept leading people on; and everyone got involved in other projects, developed.fleshed out their own channels ... and now it is nearly impossible to make it on the schedule people would want.

I understand they are all busy. But I just don't enjoy most of the other content. I can unsub until SoI returns; because there hasn't been much I've enjoyed since then. My one sub matter not at all, and I'm fine with that. I will still watch the SoI series on rare occasion. I'm just disappointed in how they handled the real life situation with the admin and forum fans, and eventually after that, the fans who are extremely enthusiastic about the series return. I don't care for the face camera stuff they do more often now. I see it as immaturity and mistakes, which they are entitled to make.

I also see a problem with the over-hype of yogventures, and the extremely slow progress it is making. There are excuses, but they are the ones that made the unrealistic claims with the studio, who over-reached ... it wasn't as simple as they thought, to make a simple game. I've watched the video of it, and the Yogventures soon to be beta is no where near as polished as minecraft was in alpha. I fear for the project, for I think it is a great idea, I also like competition in the market, and Minecraft needs some.

It isn't like I got mad at Lewis' occasional homophobic comments, rudeness, and selfishness and ragequit the channel. I am upset with how they treated fans and admin alike, when they hired some asshat who didn't care; then proceeded to neglect the very thing that got them the massive amount of PR and subs in the first place. I don't hate them, and I think that Notch crap at minecon was bs ... but I just cannot agree with how they are 'handling' their company.

I stay subbed to sips, sjin, and duncan. I do need to give some of the others a look through, but haven't been impressed with either what their channel offers, or something about their personality might have been an initial turn off.

Now that Lewis came out and said it will be a long time before we see any more SoI; it is a step at repairing my view of him and his channel. It is the first sign of respect paid to the fans of the series and the series itself. Being dismissive is no way to rebuild trust. Honesty is.

Deleted
    From what I recall from the reddit; the way the went about it was very disrespectful not only to the member of yogscast it affected, but also dedicated forum members. Them being misleading for nearly a year about SoI was enough for me to just give up on them. I also can't stand the face-cam crap they did, around the same time I stopped watching; I was enjoying the farming sim until lewis joined and shortly thereafter, it always had a face-cam. I don't watch the vids to see their (or anyone's) face. I'd not like JesseCox's vids if he put his face in his playthroughs. I wouldn't enjoy the sips and sjin stuff as much if it had their faces in it. I wouldn't like sips' simcity playthrough with face cam.

Back to the point, you don't two face one of your main admins by telling them 'everything is ok' 'you aren't being let go' ... then the jerk admin you hired to 'clean shop' because a different member (tinman) allegedly stole money, fires the dedicated member you told wasn't getting let go (after they hacked into his facebook account and his youtube account), and bans any forum members he just doesn't like or questions the motive of firing the one who was 1) running their servers 2) running their website/forums 3) was active and a positive influence in the online community ...

Lewis let the 'fame' get to his head. I recall him complaining about 'working on the weekend' playing a beta game. For fuck sakes, you play video games for a living ... all 'work' sucks, but get over yourself and realize you have one of the best jobs in the world ... playing games with friends. When you have a series that 'makes' you ... don't lie about it. I don't believe the 'production times' thing ... I think they just didn't want to do it any longer ... and instead of saying 'we are taking a hiatus from SoI, we'll pick it back up some time in the future' ... they just kept leading people on; and everyone got involved in other projects, developed.fleshed out their own channels ... and now it is nearly impossible to make it on the schedule people would want.

I understand they are all busy. But I just don't enjoy most of the other content. I can unsub until SoI returns; because there hasn't been much I've enjoyed since then. My one sub matter not at all, and I'm fine with that. I will still watch the SoI series on rare occasion. I'm just disappointed in how they handled the real life situation with the admin and forum fans, and eventually after that, the fans who are extremely enthusiastic about the series return. I don't care for the face camera stuff they do more often now. I see it as immaturity and mistakes, which they are entitled to make.

I also see a problem with the over-hype of yogventures, and the extremely slow progress it is making. There are excuses, but they are the ones that made the unrealistic claims with the studio, who over-reached ... it wasn't as simple as they thought, to make a simple game. I've watched the video of it, and the Yogventures soon to be beta is no where near as polished as minecraft was in alpha. I fear for the project, for I think it is a great idea, I also like competition in the market, and Minecraft needs some.

It isn't like I got mad at Lewis' occasional homophobic comments, rudeness, and selfishness and ragequit the channel. I am upset with how they treated fans and admin alike, when they hired some asshat who didn't care; then proceeded to neglect the very thing that got them the massive amount of PR and subs in the first place. I don't hate them, and I think that Notch crap at minecon was bs ... but I just cannot agree with how they are 'handling' their company.

I stay subbed to sips, sjin, and duncan. I do need to give some of the others a look through, but haven't been impressed with either what their channel offers, or something about their personality might have been an initial turn off.

Now that Lewis came out and said it will be a long time before we see any more SoI; it is a step at repairing my view of him and his channel. It is the first sign of respect paid to the fans of the series and the series itself. Being dismissive is no way to rebuild trust. Honesty is.
    Honestly, I got the idea there's more behind this switch to Yogcraft. I think once the Yogcraft mod pack is built out enough, they're going to edit the SoI and the Yogcraft servers together and use the improved power of Yogcraft to make SoI much better. I mean, there have been hints about it in the past: Duncan finds a shrine to Israphel beneath his home on the first Tekkit server. There was a giant statue of Israphel in the first tekkit server. I think if you pay attention to the tekkit/yogcraft series of the different channels, you might find some veiled references to SoI, maybe involving locations or something.

SoI is what made them big. SoI is what made them famous. The fans might be obnoxious and retarded about it, but I guarantee you that once the Yogscast starts showing SoI agai, they're going to get a lot of fans back.

i agree with you

for me though; sips & sjin >>>>> all :P just love the calm they put out

i don't wish ill, and hope it all comes full circle, including it being about having fun with friends with the story as a backdrop.

i did notice at times, they needed a break; so in reality, this was good for them and the series; could've 'paused' better, as well as other things handled better; but considering the 'drama' at that time, it was the best time to take a step back

Deleted
    i agree with you

for me though; sips & sjin >>>>> all :P just love the calm they put out

i don't wish ill, and hope it all comes full circle, including it being about having fun with friends with the story as a backdrop.

i did notice at times, they needed a break; so in reality, this was good for them and the series; could've 'paused' better, as well as other things handled better; but considering the 'drama' at that time, it was the best time to take a step back
    I recently checked the Yogscast forums. Hannah said back in April that they are still working on it, but that they have changed the way they're working on it. instead of it being a side project and episodes being released as they are made, they're actually putting time aside for it now with a separate team, and recording a bunch of episodes at once.

but I still don't have an answer to my original question: Are there ANY other yogscast members who are also playing on the Tekkit/Yogcraft server and recording?