Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Silverwood & Freemarch Under Siege!! (Event)

No, it's not Steven Seagal coming to Telara but a new zone event starting tomorrow which looks interesting

Rally, Ascended!

The forces of the planes have launched an offensive outside the great cities of Telara, and your help is needed to defend them. Ascended of all levels must band together and repel the countless invasions marching on Silverwood and Freemarch!
    Save Silverwood & Freemarch

Dates: June 27th – July 2nd

Rewards: Bonus planar currency (appropriate for your level!), bonus loot, and new achievements from zone events.

In addition to bonus currency for mentored-down players and new achievements, you’ll also find special items dropping out of Freemarch and Silverwood zone events, including:

Sapphire Ki Rin Mount
    Defiant Crest Cape
    Guardian Crest Cape
    Twilight Jester Hat
    Crimson Gothic Hat
    Lesser Experience Vial
    Lesser Token Tablet
    Riot Torch

Mentor down and join your fellow Ascended, or roll a new character and defend Telara from the planes!
    Source: http://community.riftgame.com/en/201...d-under-siege/

I think the Kirin mounts look stupid, though I wouldn't mind getting one to add to my collection. The hats and caps, as well as the currency and achievements (curious what the currency will buy) are what interest me. Makes me sad I couldn't do anything during phase 1 (only 51.5 on my mage), but hopefully I can make the most out of phase 2.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is a great idea to get higher level players interacting with new F2P players. Pretty brilliant actually.
    BAD WOLF

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    I think the Kirin mounts look stupid, though I wouldn't mind getting one to add to my collection. The hats and caps, as well as the currency and achievements (curious what the currency will buy) are what interest me. Makes me sad I couldn't do anything during phase 1 (only 51.5 on my mage), but hopefully I can make the most out of phase 2.
    currency bonus for mentored characters =/= a new currency.
    edited sig because wow that was out of date

Quote Originally Posted by Arkamenitas View Post
    currency bonus for mentored characters =/= a new currency.
    I seem to have misread that part.

I need more hours in my day. I mean, I need my free time hours to clone themselves. Work hours can stay the same though.

How do I "mentor down"? This sounds awesome.
    Currently playing: GW, TORTANIC.
    Still visit: TSW, W*, GW2, Rift, LOTRO, ESO.
    Endure. In enduring, grow strong.

Quote Originally Posted by efsunshine View Post
    I need more hours in my day. I mean, I need my free time hours to clone themselves. Work hours can stay the same though.

How do I "mentor down"? This sounds awesome.
    Right click on your character's portrait and then Set Mentor Level

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuma View Post
    Right click on your character's portrait and then Set Mentor Level
    And don't forget to unmentor yourself before you try to enter max level content. Learned that lesson the difficult way.
    BAD WOLF

TRION. STOP BEING SO AMAZING. YOU ARE RAISING THE BAR TOO HIGH FOR OTHER GAMES.
    Gawd.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Well I just started playing again yesterday and I did a freemarch Adventure and well I got the mount tonight

Is the mount just from completing zone events or can I get it by doing rifts too while mentored down in Freemarch?
    Words are a wonderful form of communication, but they will never replace kisses and punches. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by Azshalorah View Post
    Is the mount just from completing zone events or can I get it by doing rifts too while mentored down in Freemarch?
    Pretty sure the mount is a random reward from completing the events. So I'd imagine there's no "guaranteed" way to get it, just do a lot of the event stuff and hope.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    Pretty sure the mount is a random reward from completing the events. So I'd imagine there's no "guaranteed" way to get it, just do a lot of the event stuff and hope.
    Thanks for quick response! I will be doing this all weekend then.....lol <3
    Words are a wonderful form of communication, but they will never replace kisses and punches. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Anyone know what the best level to mentor to is? Mobs were level 20 but mentoring to 18 got me level 10 currencies instead of level appropriate loot.

Quote Originally Posted by todm View Post
    Anyone know what the best level to mentor to is? Mobs were level 20 but mentoring to 18 got me level 10 currencies instead of level appropriate loot.
    I mentored to 18 and got infinity stones along with level 10 currencies, so 18 will work. Probably a bug.

Has anyone actually got anything yet? I spent all morning doing them and got nothing but planarite
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

I did 1 zone event in Silverwood. I got 2 things that can be turned in for rep in Tempest Bay, 6 Friendly Gifts, quite a few Crystallized Insight, and soem sourcestone and planarite.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm so excited. I just came back to the game and have had a blast. Haven't logged into WoW since sometime early last week. I saw someone riding a Kirin mount when I first made it to Sanctum and immediately fell in love with it, would be so excited to get one.

We've been pretty much dropping whatever we're doing and going to these zone events. So far all we've gotten besides IS, insights, and marks of notoriety is one Defiant cloak that my SO got instead of me. RNG fixing bugger, he is.

Still, they're fun, the normal currencies are handy, and the possibility that the RNG gods might finally decide to smile on me after 2+ years keeps me trying.

As a new player to Rift, I love this event :-). Not so much for the rewards (I don't think it matters much for my level 22 mage) but for the whole adventure-like feeling of being out there and doing something with your fellow players. I appreciate that for anyone playing the game for long these events might get boring, but for someone straight out of WoW this is amazing.