Thread: Mastery for BM?

Mastery for BM?

How would be a build for BM hunters focusing mastery>cirt>haste ?
    Based on using Blink strikes, i think it would be nice.

crit and haste benefit both you and your pet, whereas mastery benefits JUST your pet, which is why its such a low priority stat for us

Going mastery>haste>crit has me lose 1% Patchwerk dps over haste<crit<mastery. However, I get a 3%+ dps buff in aoe situations. I use mastery>others to great effect in fights like Lei Shen. Haste and crit are approximately equal for me in dps in both single and aoe situations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scriix View Post
    crit and haste benefit both you and your pet, whereas mastery benefits JUST your pet, which is why its such a low priority stat for us
    If that was all there was to it, the one stat benefiting both is better, that would be too simple.
    1% crit/haste grants 1% dps to self/pet. On the other hand though, if you took the rating needed for 1% crit or haste and put it in mastery, while your "personal" dps wouldnt change, your pet would do 3% extra damage or so.

The dps difference is so neglible between the 3 dps secondaries for BM hunters that you would gain MORE dps by utilizing a trinket perfectly then by reforging crit/haste/mastery differently. Make sure to be hit/expertise capped, and then go for w/e dps secondary you wish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scriix View Post
    I'm sorry, but these kind of arguments are just so plain dumb.

I guess you feel that if 100 mastery rating gave 50% dmg buff to pet, while 100 crit rating gave 1% crit to both player and pet, then crit would still be the best since it works for both player and pet?

Quote Originally Posted by Beace View Post
    I'm sorry, but these kind of arguments are just so plain dumb.

I guess you feel that if 100 mastery rating gave 50% dmg buff to pet, while 100 crit rating gave 1% crit to both player and pet, then crit would still be the best since it works for both player and pet?
    crit is still better than mastery. there is a point where you want to have crit=mastery but mastery never pass crit in any scenario, well other than pvp where mastery is just plain better.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Perrito View Post
    crit is still better than mastery. there is a point where you want to have crit=mastery but mastery never pass crit in any scenario, well other than pvp where mastery is just plain better.
    Really dude? Read my post again, properly. It was an exaggerated example with fictional stats to show a point.

i will test it more times, i think it depends on gear, and how many parts of tier you have. Clearly it's better to have a higher haste when you have 4pt, and heroic renataki and bad juju, but i don't know how it would be as focusing mastery. One thing i can say, Blink strike provided a great burst, before the nerf, in that case, it was nice to have a mastery build.