Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by alihandiro View Post
    We cant keep tanks alive.. They have about 535 ilvl and they are getting one shot from horridon. And they dont even have any stack.
    At that ilevel, I don't think there is anything that can one-shot them unless they don't have their active mitigation up. I've solo-tanked this fight at lower ilevels and rarely had issues surviving unless I botched my ShoR timing.

Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    Swipe is 100% avoidable, dont stand in it. A puncture never happens together with swipe, always after or before, never during.

The oneshot they speak of, and im guessing here, is them standing in swipe, followed by a puncture followed by melee hit, making them die in 2 globals making it look like a oneshot.

But yeh, logs if you want help OP
    While swipe isn't avoidable, it will off-set his swingtimer so that he melee swings+punctures instantly right after the swipe, which when enraged, will oneshot a tank without some kind of mitigation up. It's not even 2 globals, it's just the combo of puncture+melee at the same time (he does the same after each dire call as he also has to stop and cast that).

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    While swipe isn't avoidable, it will off-set his swingtimer so that he melee swings+punctures instantly right after the swipe, which when enraged, will oneshot a tank without some kind of mitigation up. It's not even 2 globals, it's just the combo of puncture+melee at the same time (he does the same after each dire call as he also has to stop and cast that).
    Unless I'm missing something, isn't swipe very much avoidable?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    While swipe is* avoidable, it will off-set his swingtimer so that he melee swings+punctures instantly right after the swipe, which when enraged, will oneshot a tank without some kind of mitigation up. It's not even 2 globals, it's just the combo of puncture+melee at the same time (he does the same after each dire call as he also has to stop and cast that).
    Guessing you made a typo there.
    As they haven't got to enrage yet and claim zero stacks when they die, im more inclined to believe its tick of swipe followed by puncture combo ("2 globals").
    You shouldn't get oneshot to combo alone with no stacks, if topped off.

But we can only guess until OP shows us some logs :P
    Last edited by mmoc51f27689b0; 2013-07-15 at 10:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    We managed our first kill with the same tank combo. Though we had lot of off healing from our Shamans.
    We had:
    bear/prot pala
    mw/resto druid
    ele shaman/ench shaman/retri pala/hunta/spriest/lock

I know you have your way of doing this, but have you considered tank swapping between doors? From my personal experience I dislike tanking all doors in a row. As I have my DPS CDs up for every other door. If I tank 1 and 3, I have Zerk+Incarnation up for the time the 2 elites come down together. And our pala tanks 2 and 4. Just an idea and you should use the start, which worked for you the best.

Having good melee and ranged interrupters is a key in this fight. First door is easy with the Mass Dispel on melee as long as it is called out at the right amount of stacks. Same with the stun the basilisk do (which can be interrupted as well).

Having 2 melee starts to pay off during door 2. Since you get 2 Venom Priests at the same time. Having assigned interrupters who stick to their targets saves tons of healer mana as there won't be much to dispel, if most is interrupted. And the thing you said "melee cannot DPS effectively" on door 3 and 4 is BS (sorry). As long as the adds are moved properly melee are in no danger of getting hit by the orbs, if they watch where they are standing and also if they are smart enough not to stand in front of the bears on door 4.

Door 3. Don't stack on healers (if you have 2 - one is at Horridon tank side always and the other is somewhere close to raid). Have all of your DPS (melee could be bit of an exception) stand behind your 3rd door tank, towards door 4, that way all the adds will have to come through your add tank. Most of the smaller ones run amok anyhow, so assign one ranged DPS to focus on the loose adds to burn them down fast. On this door drop the Dinomancer to 50% -> close the door -> clean up the small adds -> finish the elites. As you kite the warlords around, try not to spread the orbs out too much. You will make your life harder later.

Door 4. Make sure you Horridon tank has one bear on him. Makes it lot easier for the add tank. Assign DPSers to kill the Flamecasters as those will be your prio on this door. Make sure that you don't DPS (goes even for the tanks) if you have the curse on you. And kill your warbears at the same time, so you won't get that many totems. Your add tank can pick up the warbear from your Horridon tank once there are not much left to DPS.

As for last phase... Assign 2 stacking points and try to keep Horridon between them. Put one healer onto each marker. That way people have room to deal with their dinosaurs and are in range of the healers. You have a Paladin.... Hand of Protection WTF. Since I as bear tank Horridon during door 4, I get to tank Jalak when he comes. Once Jalak has jumped down, our prot. pally resets my Puncture stacks (just in case) w/ Hand of Protection. Once Jalak is dead and Paladin has 5ish stacks, I take Horridon, he resets his stacks (with his personal bubble) and keep tanking Horridon. Tankswap when out of CDs or stack count to high.

And why are your tanks dieing? They can ask external healer CDs if they are out of theirs. For your bear when Horridon is "enraged" Survial Instincts+Barkskin at 4 or 5 stacks of Puncture, Might of Ursoc for the 6th stack. Your bear should have all his/her def. CDs up for the last phase. Horridon hits like a truck, doesn't really allow room to fuck up your CDs. Specially w/ Dire call and Jalak being up.

Only point when I was almost dead was my own fuckup by running into few orbs while tanking adds and missing a def. CD while tanking Horridon.

While tanking the adds or Horridon/Jalak, make sure your tanks avoid as much as avoidable damage as they can. As the poison pools, totems, orbs, they all hurt. Good communication between tank like - take Horridon, I have no CDs or can you keep that add busy is a key.
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2013-07-16 at 09:13 AM.

As they haven't got to enrage yet and claim zero stacks when they die, im more inclined to believe its tick of swipe followed by puncture combo ("2 globals").

My tank said the same, Everything goes okey until dire call comes, when he casts dire call we are fulling their hp and they get a combo and thats why tanks die.

10+ Year Old Account
    My tank said the same, Everything goes okey until dire call comes, when he casts dire call we are fulling their hp and they get a combo and thats why tanks die.
    Bad CD usage. There are point when Dire Call+Triple Puncture come together in the fight, followed by a melee hit, but you can deal with it. As it happens couple (or was it one even) of times during the add phase and then when you have Jalak+Horridon (Jalak's AoE+Dire). It leaves both of your tanks room to pop a CD or ask for one. This is a fight where your tank has to rely on their def. CD and the timing of using those.

If you check the timers on your boss mod and you see that there is Dire Call+Triple puncture or anything else nasty coming off CD at the same time, at 1-2 sec before, pop a defensive or 2 to survive. If you don't have any CDs you should call out for one. If your tanks won't get hit by the frontal cleave, the Call+Puncture is easy to survive. If you want any reference point here are our HC logs from last night.

Dire Call is once a minute, so they should always be overlapping their 1 minute CD with it. And in the case of paladins, they should have it glyphed to handle physical damage. It'll increase Horridon's damage output for about 20s after, plus the burst of damage when it's cast.

Triple Puncture is timed by DBM & comes roughly every 15 seconds. Your active mitigation *must* be up for it consistently every time. You'll have one triple puncture immediately after a sweep, then one after normal melee, and that sequence repeats.

If your tanks & healers can't handle it, you just won't get that fight. It seems rougher than it really is when you see it the first couple of times & emotions are running high. You just gotta keep your eye on the timers and deal with it calmly.

Healers should be healing no one but the tanks. I wouldn't bother with (e.g.) Atonement healing, cos it might hit someone other than the active tank. The only raid healing after War-God dies is the Dire Call once a minute, so the most miniscule of passive raid healing will top everyone else off.

Yea *sigh*.

Quote Originally Posted by lakhesis View Post
    Dire Call is once a minute, so they should always be overlapping their 1 minute CD with it. And in the case of paladins, they should have it glyphed to handle physical damage. It'll increase Horridon's damage output for about 20s after, plus the burst of damage when it's cast.

Triple Puncture is timed by DBM & comes roughly every 15 seconds. Your active mitigation *must* be up for it consistently every time. You'll have one triple puncture immediately after a sweep, then one after normal melee, and that sequence repeats.

If your tanks & healers can't handle it, you just won't get that fight. It seems rougher than it really is when you see it the first couple of times & emotions are running high. You just gotta keep your eye on the timers and deal with it calmly.

Healers should be healing no one but the tanks. I wouldn't bother with (e.g.) Atonement healing, cos it might hit someone other than the active tank. The only raid healing after War-God dies is the Dire Call once a minute, so the most miniscule of passive raid healing will top everyone else off.
    You'd absolutely want to atonement heal. Top off the raid with things like Divine star and Halo if you've got a priest, get them all up so that atonement hits the tank. Then just spam the shit out of your atonement. With 200% increased dmg, each smite will heal for as much as a normal greater heal, and be double as fast. Not to mention it doesn't hurt the enrage timer when you're doing 120K dps . We managed to 2 heal it in 25 man heroic with our alts last week, because all our healers were on vacation. One actual disc priest, and one shadow priest in disc spec (with haste gems and yelling for mana hymns). We didn't take the time to singletarget heal - atonement all the way. If we can keep up in 25 man with 2 healers that way, then there's no reason it isn't entirely doable in 10 man.