Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ...
    it was obvious bomb bait, that's the thing, you act as if this is purely cold calculation. It's simply not You were not a bomb so obviously it did not work. You did not overestimate because that assume you were right. What ou did was estimate WRONG. don't be rude just because you made a mistake in thinking I would take your bomb bait at face value.

- - - Updated - - -

also where is the dead thread?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood fox View Post
    it was obvious bomb bait, that's the thing, you act as if this is purely cold calculation. It's simply not You were not a bomb so obviously it did not work. You did not overestimate because that assume you were right. What ou did was estimate WRONG. don't be rude just because you made a mistake in thinking I would take your bomb bait at face value

It was obvious Bomb bait that you two missed and that is what upset me so much. It could have been so beautiful play but it got completely bypassed by the targets missing it. I'm going bastardize Rothfuss' words and put it like this: "What is the point in winning a game? The point is to play a beautiful game"

Quote Originally Posted by Silkku View Post
    It was obvious Bomb bait that you two missed and that is what upset me so much. It could have been so beautiful play but it got completely bypassed by the targets missing it. I'm going bastardize Rothfuss' words and put it like this: "What is the point in winning a game? The point is to play a beautiful game"
    first off Silkku you don't know what's going on in our heads. The main reason me and blood didn't discuss anything is the majority of our posts are literally hours apart and we had a deadline to deal with so it wasn't like we could talk at leisure about the next move.

But I will tell you this, the reason I wanted you dead and the reason I wanted blood to go is quite simple. You're move to claim bomb day one was to stupid to be real, I couldn't bring myself to believe anyone would be so idiotic to claim bomb day one and actually be a bomb so when you started hinting at cop and then outright claiming I put a higher bet on that being the truth. And I knew that night that Xanj would go after blue regardless, I thought about hitting Xanj but I thought I could use him against town.

So can you stop yapping? The reason me and blood didn't discuss this stuff is cause we literally didn't have the time to sit and talk it through.

Quote Originally Posted by Virothe View Post
    claim bomb day one and actually be a bomb
    I've done it and ended up getting NKed the next night. Problem?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I've done it and ended up getting NKed the next night. Problem?
    And I've seen it go through many times. Problem is the quality on these forums is what it is so the games lose most of the taste of psychological playing and become more like drawing lottery where the lucky number 7 kicks you out of the game. Putting it like this: I can count with 1 hand the brilliant outplays from the past 20 games

Also Xanj next time don't have such a boner for killing in a 15 player game as a Vigi

And I've seen it go through many times. Problem is the quality on these forums is what it is so the games lose most of the taste of psychological playing and become more like drawing lottery where the lucky number 7 kicks you out of the game. Putting it like this: I can count with 1 hand the brilliant outplays from the past 20 games

Also Xanj next time don't have such a boner for killing in a 15 player game as a Vigi
    So because of the fear that you MIGHT have been a bomb, that completely warrants your attitude of superiority? Because you MIGHT have been a bomb and It MIGHT have been a bad choice to go after you, because the claim you put forth MIGHT have been bait.

This is what I know for sure, Blood was already under suspicion and getting rid of the bomb would have been a huge boost to us either way. I also know that regardless we would have had Zeri that night as well so we would have had two Mafia again anyway.

At the time I also thought it likely there was another scum team before zeri joined, two was a really small number and neither of us was a godfather so I just didn't see there not being more out there. So I was thinking that regardless even if you were the bomb getting rid of you was worth the risk of losing Blood, because it would allow me and other scum to do our Nk's without having to worry to much about repercussions.

And the way you were playing the game made me think you weren't the bomb anyway, everything you were doing seemed more about prolonging your own life not trying to have it ended. So I made a calculated risk, and it paid off.

So say what you want, sometimes you have take chances in this game, if everyone played it the way you seem to want it played it would be a lot of people not saying or doing anything cause they would be to scared of what might happen.

10+ Year Old Account

I think I played quite well in the last game. I had everyone fooled (even my own GF) and rode that to an easy win.

Goo game play is often rewarded in our games.

I think you're just overestimating how great of a play you made. Like I said, had I been playing I would have completely ignored your claims. The first seemed like a dumb joke claim and the second wasn't all that believable either. To me you wouldn't have been a risk and I would have ignored you until later in the game.

Also, this is exactly what I'm talking about with getting personal. Cut this crap out. It's not needed. So you think you played great and that the scum played badly? Cool. Here's your cookie. It's just as good as the other non-existent cookie you would have gotten had you played "poorly".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krayzy View Post
    I think I played quite well in the last game. I had everyone fooled (even my own GF) and rode that to an easy win.
    Hey! You had a win condition that nobody but you was aware of!

Anyway, it's time to close the thread. :3

Goodnight sweet game.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.