Thread: 5.4 ptr

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

5.4 ptr

Anyone been testing this? I think it's completely ridiculous, seems to be even more of a burstfest. Ele Shamans completely slaughtering you if left for 2 seconds, Ret Paladins stomping everything with cd's, dying in a Cheap from Killing Spree, Hunters aren't fixed, either.

Feels to me like we're going to have another bad, unbalanced season full of globaling. Anyone else tried it?

10+ Year Old Account
    what class u playing?

i've played a bunch on spriest and lock.

i dont really feel its worse than live, just that it's not better.. and i dont feel like another season of this type of play.

probably gonna start looking for gaming alternatives.

its not all doom and gloom though - if you like the way arena feels right now and you think you've suddenly gotten good in mop - you will probably continue to think that. ^^.

Deleted
    Op, you forget demo locks pop swarm, grimoire felguard, dark soul and meeeeelts you to a tidy pile of tears

10+ Year Old Account
    I play every class, but I've been doing a lot on a Warlock. Chaos Bolt seems to hit INCREDIBLY high (I'm sure I seen a 200k on someone) and you can obliterate people. On the other hand, if I see Flame Shock on me whilst fighting someone else it's game over. I had a Flame Shock on me and a Lava Burst coming towards me so I blew all my healing cd's and I still died before they could do anything. Even had the absorb talent from the pet instead of Dark Bargain, they kill you so quick that your hot's don't have time to tick.

Arathi Basin is bugged, also, you can't cap any bases so it's a neverending battle. This is great for ptr since you just run around killing people, forever, so you can test your class. I ran out of the Alliance base and was then Sapped, I dismounted and was then Cheaped, so I tried to Mesmerise instantly, but the Rogue used Killing Spree and was therefore immune. I died straight after, I didn't get to use an ability.

Playing my Hunter as well is complete bull, you literally tear through people with ease. BW is pretty much gg with 60k Arcane Shots being spammed.

Been playing a Ret Paladin and chasing people with 110k HoW's. Inq seems to last forever so you can spam so many more TV's/WoG's on yourself without worrying.

Fire is making a comeback for Mages, also, but I haven't seen anything extraordinary, yet.

It all just seems like a big mess, I'm not ranting but just reporting what I've noticed and wondering what everyone thinks or what experiences they have had themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    It all just seems like a big mess, I'm not ranting but just reporting what I've noticed and wondering what everyone thinks or what experiences they have had themselves.
    Only having a few PTR builds and completely unbalanced numbers tends to do that.

Deleted
    And the huntards huntard on for another patch. God, I can't wait for wildstar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Only having a few PTR builds and completely unbalanced numbers tends to do that.
    I would agree if the past was an indicator that Blizzard listened to the feedback and it was all therefore subject to change, but let's not kid ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Anyone been testing this? I think it's completely ridiculous, seems to be even more of a burstfest. Ele Shamans completely slaughtering you if left for 2 seconds, Ret Paladins stomping everything with cd's, dying in a Cheap from Killing Spree, Hunters aren't fixed, either.

Feels to me like we're going to have another bad, unbalanced season full of globaling. Anyone else tried it?
    1) Watcher (lead encounter designer) posted on EU forums that Ele proc rate is bugged and is way too high on PTR
    2) no comment
    3) Holinka (lead pvp designer) has tweeted that Killing Spree will be changed before patch goes live.
    4) no comment

I have seen some pretty stupid things on the PTR, but nothing too extreme. I main a warrior and a rogue, and currently rogues are still awful in arena, KS damage is on the higher end, even though the most I could do was get someone to 45% with on KS with all cd's, warriors are actually getting some nice changes, shamans are still stupidly over powered and even got some buffs and do a lot more damage with the PvE 4pc. Also the PvE trinkets are extremely dumb with the set bonus to the PvP Trinkets reducing barely anything at all, which I have numbers to back that up with, everything just needs a couple more builds than it should be fixed. It's all simple stuff that needs fixing IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    You forgot about disc priests, nobody can kill them, not even hunters.

Deleted
    Ele shamans are bugged in that lavasurge proc almost all the time for instant lavaburst spam. Still, even still they feel balanced. lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    You forgot about disc priests, nobody can kill them, not even hunters.
    Not even Hunters? Well, I never!

Haven't come into contact with a lot of healers, tbh. It's a nukefest most of the time, one team dominates so that the other can do literally nothing,

I don't think you guys are going to have to worry about Killing Spree because they said that it won't go live in its current state. As someone who is into PVP, killing spree wouldn't really bother me because I see it being too easy to counter in Arenas, and that same spec being useless for the next 3 minutes.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    blowing cool downs and blowing people up is more fun than sitting an cc for all eternity as a healer.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Quote Originally Posted by achromatickang View Post
    I don't think you guys are going to have to worry about Killing Spree because they said that it won't go live in its current state. As someone who is into PVP, killing spree wouldn't really bother me because I see it being too easy to counter in Arenas, and that same spec being useless for the next 3 minutes.
    well the fact you think killing spree is on a 3min makes your whole post useless.

Deleted
    Hunters were never able to kill disc priests.

Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    well the fact you think killing spree is on a 3min makes your whole post useless.
    Well the fact that you think Killing Spree is useful without Shadow Blades makes your whole post useless.

It's pretty much standard operating procedure to use Adrenaline Rush to build stacks of insight and pair Killing Spree with S/Blades for a kill. This is verbatim from the few Combat rogues over 2K rating, to include the most famous one (Woundman).

Last edited by achromatickang; 2013-07-04 at 04:32 PM.

Thats the kind of pvp I like. I love killing people in 10 seconds and getting killed just as fast. I dont like spending 5 minutes trying to kill someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    Thats the kind of pvp I like. I love killing people in 10 seconds and getting killed just as fast. I dont like spending 5 minutes trying to kill someone.
    You might be playing the wrong genre. The intrigue of WoW PvP comes from the realtime strategy element. Historically, fairly long games are the standard at high levels of play and odds are that's where this game will usually be. If you're looking to win or lose in 10 seconds, there's nothing more to this game than gear and class counters anyway. You might find FPS more entertaining since at least there's skill involved.

Deleted
    I'm truly clueless which class I should play in 5.4... My rogue, pally, lock, mage or druid :/ Seems like I should lvl a disc priest or an enh shammy :P