Page 1 of 2
LastLast

SMF VS TG Wep choice

So i figure this will most likely come down to the fight. But problem is you cant always mount up to reforge inbetween fights so i need to know which in general will provide the most dps at this point.

TF'd Tortos axe and TF'd jin'rok axe Both fully upgraded

or

Lei shen 2H 530 & Zerat Malakk's Great sword 2H 530

Now i know the general consensus is higher i.lvl rules. But with the jin'rok axe not having crit. I lose 2-3%
    Blizzcon 2010+2011+2013+2014+2015 Attendee!
    lvl-110 Zeush(Sen'jin) Orc Fury Warrior(bread and Butter) WATCH BIG CRITS! Raiding Guild Reality Series! http://www.bigcrits.com/site/index.php

10+ Year Old Account
    Orczz here.....it you like me or tact can talk to you about it in mumble sometime

Deleted
    I would go for 1 handers. When talking about weapons, it's less a talk about secondary stats, but more a talk about weapon damage. At the same ilvl 1handers will win in all single target fights. Now that you have TF 1handers, they will be be best for single target fights, and somewhat equal at cleave fights, comparing with the 2handers you currently posses. And it's easier to get better weapons as SMF from Jin'rokh and Tortos heroic. Heroic council of elders and heroic lei shen are a bit harder for 2handers to drop.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    In your case definitly the 1 handers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

idk going SMF sacs a lot of cleave out of Fury and the dps benefit is less than 1% in most scenarios.

http://www.noxxic.com/wow/dps-rankings/realistic#522
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Revolutions

BATTLEMASTER (After 3.3.5 nerf) REVOLUTIONS REPORTING IN.
    Wielder of The Scepter of Shifting Sands, Hand of Ragnaros, and Shadowmourne. Bringer of 66 minute kings.

I recently switched from the TF jin'rokh axe and TF Qon's scimitar to those exact weapons on TG. Although my weapon ilvl went down, my dps went up on almost every fight. SMF may be simulated higher, but you are going to need to go out and see for yourself which actually works better for you.

Deleted
    TG>SMF if u raid hc becouse singletarget dmg is basically the same and with TG u do alot more dmg in aoe fights.Also extra stats like stamina/crit/mastery is just great.

The problem is that 2hands are alot harder to get since u can get average sword from councils, good sword from world drop and bis axe from lei shen which is recommanded.
    Last edited by mmoce6de5d3cd8; 2013-07-05 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shatzi View Post
    TG>SMF if ur raid hc becouse singletarget dmg is basically the same and with TG u do alot more dmg in aoe fights.Also extra stats like stamina/crit/mastery is just great.

The problem is that 2hands are alot harder to get since u can get average sword from councils, good sword from world drop only and bis axe from lei shen which is recommanded.
    The 1Hs are a bit higher in ilvl, so they'll be a bit ahead on single target, the 2Hs should surpass them on fights with lots of AoE. I'd say over the entire instance, since he's only doing normals at this point, to go with 1Hers. The stam doesn't mean much with normals, and there's a fair bit less to AoE on normal - it's really a lot of single target.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shatzi View Post
    TG>SMF if u raid hc becouse singletarget dmg is basically the same and with TG u do alot more dmg in aoe fights.Also extra stats like stamina/crit/mastery is just great.

The problem is that 2hands are alot harder to get since u can get average sword from councils, good sword from world drop and bis axe from lei shen which is recommanded.
    That really only matters for top guilds who can maximize everything. Not world top 5? Not a big enough factor.

Ilvl is the main issue. Use the higher ilvl set.

And linking noxxic is like linking The Onion as news.

well were graduated to pushing to heroics now. Just got jin'rok this week and almost horridon. I think i will definitely go TG for ji'kun attempts.

When i was using the 2h'ers before i felt the same way. My dps felt stronger. Im thinking unless i get another TF'd tortos axe. I may switch to TG for good.

However what if i get a Heroic Axe of Jin'rok next week. ......hmmmmm
    lvl-110 Zeush(Sen'jin) Orc Fury Warrior(bread and Butter) WATCH BIG CRITS! Raiding Guild Reality Series! http://www.bigcrits.com/site/index.php

TG for Horridon cleaving, SMF for Ji'Kun, I doubt you'll be needing extra cleave there, SMF will smoke TG on Ji'Kun.

Stay SMF. Or don't ask for advice if you're going to do the opposite

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bgwilly31 View Post
    well were graduated to pushing to heroics now. Just got jin'rok this week and almost horridon. I think i will definitely go TG for ji'kun attempts.

When i was using the 2h'ers before i felt the same way. My dps felt stronger. Im thinking unless i get another TF'd tortos axe. I may switch to TG for good.

However what if i get a Heroic Axe of Jin'rok next week. ......hmmmmm
    Just 2 points for this.

1. For progression, use the weapons that are easiest to obtain. There is much better access to great 1 handers than 2 handers for progression. 3 chances off 3 easily defeated heroic bosses vs 1 semi-difficult (mid-tier defeated) heroic boss.

2. When you do finally get Lei Shen, unless you coin it, the dk/pally in your group will be given the shaft if you get it when you have access to the 3 potential TF heroic weaps. If dk goes DW, he will lose MUCH more than if you go SMF (a single target gain for us, loss for them.) Pally has no choice but 2 hander. And, the 2 hander off coun is no good for either of them due to the excessive hit and poor stat distribution.

With this said, I will use a coin every week on lei shen indeed. At higher gear levels, TG = if not > even single target DPS and >> on cleave. But! I will not screw my guildies for it, and we are essentially done with progression.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsctt View Post
    Just 2 points for this.

1. For progression, use the weapons that are easiest to obtain. There is much better access to great 1 handers than 2 handers for progression. 3 chances off 3 easily defeated heroic bosses vs 1 semi-difficult (mid-tier defeated) heroic boss.

2. When you do finally get Lei Shen, unless you coin it, the dk/pally in your group will be given the shaft if you get it when you have access to the 3 potential TF heroic weaps. If dk goes DW, he will lose MUCH more than if you go SMF (a single target gain for us, loss for them.) Pally has no choice but 2 hander. And, the 2 hander off coun is no good for either of them due to the excessive hit and poor stat distribution.

With this said, I will use a coin every week on lei shen indeed. At higher gear levels, TG = if not > even single target DPS and >> on cleave. But! I will not screw my guildies for it, and we are essentially done with progression.
    Ye I mean on my 2nd warrior where I can take any gear I want pretty much I'll be going after heroic uroe's and staying TG. The main advantage SMF had over TG was easy of access, and execute. This late in the tier I'd be trying to go TG as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    Ye I mean on my 2nd warrior where I can take any gear I want pretty much I'll be going after heroic uroe's and staying TG. The main advantage SMF had over TG was easy of access, and execute. This late in the tier I'd be trying to go TG as possible.
    well arent we expecting at least early on in 5.4 that SMF will be the spec to go. So why try harder for TG this late in the tier?

Reason i said TG on ji'kun is because im part of the nest team in my group. Just figured that would be best.

10+ Year Old Account
    well arent we expecting at least early on in 5.4 that SMF will be the spec to go. So why try harder for TG this late in the tier?

Reason i said TG on ji'kun is because im part of the nest team in my group. Just figured that would be best.
    No real reason, I just want to mess around with it. Since I already have 549/543 SMF weapons it won't hurt me going into SoO anyway if fights favor SMF the first week. From there gear/what's better will dictate what I do.

Deleted
    I am playing at 534 ilvl and have smf 536/530 and tg-530/530 ilvls.

I am overburning hit and a bit of expertise while maintaining 28% crit for smf and 30% crit for TG.

In aoe fights I go TG and in single target fights I go SMF.

Have tested tg and smf in all situations and I have concluded this is the best way it works for me.

15+ Year Old Account
    I know little about fury warriors, but the only reason to ever roll one is TG =p I'd stick with 2 handers out of principle

i dont understand how my i.lvl is 527 and i have more crit than people with 534 i.lvl and even higher.

10+ Year Old Account
    i dont understand how my i.lvl is 527 and i have more crit than people with 534 i.lvl and even higher.
    Its all about gear itemization. IE if they get shit drops and are forced to go with things like the chestpiece off jinrokh, you will get more crit. Also it could be their gemming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Few reasons. You, or they could be gearing wrong. If someone is using the Primo Rage trinket (which they shouldn't) they'll have more crit, due to it's base crit. If someone has gemmed pure crit in their chest instead of going for socket, they will have more crit. If someone isn't using tier and using good offsets, they'll have more crit. Same for weapons, if using TG they probably will have more crit than SMF using worldbreakers.