Flex is queueable now?

Source: Front Page right now

Patch 5.4 - Flex Raid Queue UI
    The Flex Raid queue has been added to the PvE finder UI.
    http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...flexraidUI.jpg

So... Why do we have LFR anyways? Why should Normal/Heroic raiders feel compelled to raid all 3 difficulties every week when TWO of them are now queueable?

/discuss?
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

It's just a technical hurdle. Flex is still make your own group.
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

Deleted
    nothing to discuss, check the other threads before posting next time.

The Que is probably there just like it is for Heroic Senarios

10+ Year Old Account
    It may simply be a way to deliver people to the raid site. It's still form-your-own-group. Having a queue doesn't necessarily mean that it's a random group you know. See heroic scenarios (Hablion got there first on that point).

As for your other point, you'll apparently feel compelled to run them anyway whether you queue or not. That's pretty much all I've read since they announced flex raiding. It didn't take the availability of a queueing system to start with that.

EDIT: After seeing some of the other threads about this it makes perfect sense that Blizzard will need to know the size of the raid prior to spawning the instance since it will change how the instance is initially set up. A queue system makes that happen.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-07-03 at 05:08 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    You q for exactly the same reasons you q for heroic scens.

LFR is there because it is raiding for people who don't flask, don't pot, don't know each other at all.

I would actually ask why we have normals and flex not LFR and flex.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Why should Normal/Heroic raiders feel compelled to raid all 3 difficulties every week ?
    You tell me.

I'm baffled as to why I'd ever step foot into flex or LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Quilzar View Post
    You q for exactly the same reasons you q for heroic scens.

LFR is there because it is raiding for people who don't flask, don't pot, don't know each other at all.

I would actually ask why we have normals and flex not LFR and flex.
    Well that too. I just think it's silly to have 4 difficulties, all of which have the same loot with varying iLevels.

You'd think they'd remove something from LFR, and not just vanity rewards/achievements. LFR shouldn't be part of the gearing path at all, but I do think it should have non-tier gear and maybe weapons. Trinkets and Tier should be reserved for Flex-Heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    You tell me.

Alright, well I feel compelled to get my 4P ASAP because of how good it is, regardless if it's LFR or Flex or whatever. (Also, have you SEEN those new trinkets?)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    As for your other point, you'll apparently feel compelled to run them anyway whether you queue or not. That's pretty much all I've read since they announced flex raiding. It didn't take the availability of a queueing system to start with that.
    That's something I've been pretty pissed about since they announced it, though I'm actually pretty happy for Flex, as now I can run some fun/bullshit raids during non-progression hours with some friends to nab the achievements or some trinkets/tier sets. The thing I'm not happy about is also having to do LFR on top of that, plus both of them having that "15% chance to get loot you don't even want" bullshit.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Source: Front Page right now

Patch 5.4 - Flex Raid Queue UI
    The Flex Raid queue has been added to the PvE finder UI.
    http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...flexraidUI.jpg

So... Why do we have LFR anyways? Why should Normal/Heroic raiders feel compelled to raid all 3 difficulties every week when TWO of them are now queueable?

/discuss?
    its like heroic scenarios. you need a full group to queue for them

10+ Year Old Account
    You tell me.

Well in my case, I am a top 5 US raider... my RL friends, and many of my online friends, are not exactly high end raiders, and also dont have the same amount of time to invest into a game. Flex raiding allows me to play with those friends at any time, with any amount between 9 and 24 of them, and also be able to work on getting my achievements, in a low stress, easy going raid atmosphere. I fully embrace flex for what it is, and think its a great addition to the game ( its far better than LFR, thats for sure. )

If this zones you into the instance as well, I'm gonna pull out my heroic raider card and call BS :P

Having the group needed to be made manually, amazing. Xbox Live lobby insta-queue to the zone-in? c'mon man.

Deleted
    Alright, well I feel compelled to get my 4P ASAP because of how good it is, regardless if it's LFR or Flex or whatever. (Also, have you SEEN those new trinkets?)
    Eh, fair argument I guess - in ToT the tier bonuses were so bad for warlocks that I was able to just soldier on in last tiers heroic gear, so it's been a while since I felt "forced" into doing lower difficulty levels, I'll be curious as to if they can keep the balance they had last tier, where the previous tiers heroic gear was better than the next tiers LFR, perhaps flex throws a spanner in that since it's higher ilevel.

Quote Originally Posted by pixul View Post
    Well in my case, I am a top 5 US raider... my RL friends, and many of my online friends, are not exactly high end raiders, and also dont have the same amount of time to invest into a game. Flex raiding allows me to play with those friends at any time, with any amount between 9 and 24 of them, and also be able to work on getting my achievements, in a low stress, easy going raid atmosphere. I fully embrace flex for what it is, and think its a great addition to the game ( its far better than LFR, thats for sure. )
    Oh I'm not saying it doesn't have it's uses, I was purely talking in terms of feeling "forced" to do it every week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pixul View Post
    The game needs more players with your attitude. I applaud you.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    It may simply be a way to deliver people to the raid site. It's still form-your-own-group. Having a queue doesn't necessarily mean that it's a random group you know. See heroic scenarios (Hablion got there first on that point).

EDIT: After seeing some of the other threads about this it makes perfect sense that Blizzard will need to know the size of the raid prior to spawning the instance since it will change how the instance is initially set up. A queue system makes that happen.
    This makes no sense. They said, afair, you can add/remove players on the fly and the instance will auto-update the values.

Deleted
    You'd think they'd remove something from LFR, and not just vanity rewards/achievements. LFR shouldn't be part of the gearing path at all, but I do think it should have non-tier gear and maybe weapons. Trinkets and Tier should be reserved for Flex-Heroic.
    OK so this has NOTHING do to with quing for Flex.

It just another "I am Forced to DO LFR and Flex thread"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, fair argument I guess - in ToT the tier bonuses were so bad for warlocks that I was able to just soldier on in last tiers heroic gear, so it's been a while since I felt "forced" into doing lower difficulty levels, I'll be curious as to if they can keep the balance they had last tier, where the previous tiers heroic gear was better than the next tiers LFR, perhaps flex throws a spanner in that since it's higher ilevel.

Oh I'm not saying it doesn't have it's uses, I was purely talking in terms of feeling "forced" to do it every week.
    How do you feel forced to do it every week? If you're already "past" it in progression, there is NOTHING to gain from it, other than an opportunity to play with your friends in a relaxed environment while possibly knocking out those meta achievements.

If you have this tiers normal mode gear, then ToT normal is where you will start, LFR will be slightly worse, but you shouldnt feel "forced" to do it. And if you're even further than than, and in Heroic ToT gear, there is zero reason to do LFR, normal is where you will want to start no matter what, and start on heroics asap.
    Last edited by Cebel; 2013-07-03 at 05:54 PM.