Returning Player - New Rogue: Getting 480+ ilevel Gear

Greeting MMO-Champs,

Been out of the game for a long time now, about a year and a half, and recently picked the game back up and decided to start fresh, built me a Rogue for the first time ever. Loving the class, leveling was a ton of fun, I really enjoyed subtly teleporting person to person being an unstoppable murder machine.

Now that I have hit 90 (mind you I have never seen ANY MoP content) I find myself being a bit overwhelmed by the world of Pandas. I managed to buy some PvP Blues to boost ilevel and get into heroics quickly, got myself a free set of epic boots from a quest, even managed to get my ilevel high enough to get into LFR.

Here is a link to my character page, I haven't gemmed or enchanted anything yet, I would rather replace it before investing money.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Dremoth/simple

Keep in mind I don't know where to go, which reps to grind, or even where the quests start. I figure even if I replace every piece of gear with heroic items I still won't get my ilevel up to the 480+.

So my question is this: What is the simplist, and quickest, way to get a Rogue ilevel up to the 480+ that is required for higher LFR raids, Heroic Scenarios, and not being laughed at when I try to join a normal.

Also LFR seems very tilted, I got some coins to try and get bonus rolls but burned through six without seeing anything other than gold so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Cazlar View Post
    Greeting MMO-Champs,

Been out of the game for a long time now, about a year and a half, and recently picked the game back up and decided to start fresh, built me a Rogue for the first time ever. Loving the class, leveling was a ton of fun, I really enjoyed subtly teleporting person to person being an unstoppable murder machine.

Now that I have hit 90 (mind you I have never seen ANY MoP content) I find myself being a bit overwhelmed by the world of Pandas. I managed to buy some PvP Blues to boost ilevel and get into heroics quickly, got myself a free set of epic boots from a quest, even managed to get my ilevel high enough to get into LFR.

Here is a link to my character page, I haven't gemmed or enchanted anything yet, I would rather replace it before investing money.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Dremoth/simple

Keep in mind I don't know where to go, which reps to grind, or even where the quests start. I figure even if I replace every piece of gear with heroic items I still won't get my ilevel up to the 480+.

So my question is this: What is the simplist, and quickest, way to get a Rogue ilevel up to the 480+ that is required for higher LFR raids, Heroic Scenarios, and not being laughed at when I try to join a normal.

Also LFR seems very tilted, I got some coins to try and get bonus rolls but burned through six without seeing anything other than gold so far.
    get PVP gear do heroic dungeons let someone craft 4 you do daylies get rep gear so many ways just pick one
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Keep throwing those coins. The older coins will keep working, the new ones will work eventually!

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Farm heroic dungeons convert justice to honor and buy yourself some 476 pvp gear. After that you can get 483 LFR gear and also buy yourself a necklace ilvl 522 from the shado-pan assault faction for 1250 valor points. Also do the weekly battlefield: barrens quest for the mojo which lets you get 489 epics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Best way to start is by going to Isle of Thunder, run through the dailies, get epic key to the Trove of the Thunder King scenario and go do that, you will not only make a solid gold but also get alot of those coins used for bonus rolls. Also, being honored with the Sunreaver Assault gets you epic belt for golds, which is nice. Then do some BGs and heroics to upgrade the hc items to 471 and buy pvp 476 gear, which will get you into 2 next raids - Heart of Fear and the Terrace of Endless Spring where you get 483 ilvl pieces. Don't forget to google for the world bosses around Pandaria (do them every week) and if end up being really (like really really) unlucky, check the AH, there might be something there worth investing.

I have managed to get into the ToT LFRs within the first week of being 90 with 5 twinks now.
    That's genereally how i do it:

-To get into the first LFR, buy blue pvp gear (458ilvl), maybe get 476 / 496 out of the AH ( you dont have to wear them, simply put them in your bag, so you can sell them later when you dont need them anymore)
    - Go to the Isle of thunder, watch out for rar mobs dropping the epic Key to the throne Szenario
    - Do the Szenario, starting in the cave on the island (For the szenario: specc into burst of speed and nightstalker, glyph of stealth. then run around the first room opening all the chests you can find with as little downtime as possible, this should give you 20 lder Charm of Good Fortune [you should have 16 at least]
    - Now do the Mogu LFRs, coining every boss you can upgrade your gear with, ilvl wise
    - check if you have 470 for the next lfr, consider buying epics from the ah
    - repeat for tot lfr (ilvl 480)

If you have some honor / justice points, you can buy gear with it that increases your ilvl, then queue for the lfr and sell the gear without losing points within 2 hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Moving this to the Raids & Dungeons forum - no harm in posting it here, but it's really more about the general process than being a rogue, specifically, and people there may have more input.

Sorry for the delay!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hYrsch View Post
    I have managed to get into the ToT LFRs within the first week of being 90 with 5 twinks now.
    That's genereally how i do it:

-To get into the first LFR, buy blue pvp gear (458ilvl), maybe get 476 / 496 out of the AH ( you dont have to wear them, simply put them in your bag, so you can sell them later when you dont need them anymore)
    - Go to the Isle of thunder, watch out for rar mobs dropping the epic Key to the throne Szenario
    - Do the Szenario, starting in the cave on the island (For the szenario: specc into burst of speed and nightstalker, glyph of stealth. then run around the first room opening all the chests you can find with as little downtime as possible, this should give you 20 lder Charm of Good Fortune [you should have 16 at least]
    - Now do the Mogu LFRs, coining every boss you can upgrade your gear with, ilvl wise
    - check if you have 470 for the next lfr, consider buying epics from the ah
    - repeat for tot lfr (ilvl 480)

If you have some honor / justice points, you can buy gear with it that increases your ilvl, then queue for the lfr and sell the gear without losing points within 2 hours.
    This is good advice and is pretty similar to what I do with a fresh 90.

Other notes:

There is very little pre-SPA valor gear worth buying now, and most of it has some rep gating. However, there is a 522 necklace from Shado-Pan Assault available at neutral rep which is by far the most useful thing you can do with valor initially.
    There is a 476 belt from your IoT daily faction which might be an upgrade.
    There are 502 boots available at the end of the Battlefield: Barrens quest chain.
    Honor gear is 476 and works fine for PvE. If you need one or two more points you can always grind a ring or two. (I almost always wind up with honor rings on my new 90s.)
    "Borrowing" gear from the AH works great. 458 crafted PvP, 476 crafted/world drop, and 496 crafted gear is available there. Don't equip it, just put it in your bags and sell it back when you're done. Recycling is nice!

Adding:
    Also, remember that world bosses have no ilevel requirement and you can spend coins on them (only once per week) if you like. So that is another 4 potential sources of gear. If you did all 4 bosses in a week, spending coins on Sha and Warband, you would get about one piece of gear per week on average. Sha drops a token you can trade in for 476 boots on your first kill, but remember there are 502 boots that are easy to get (you walk up a hill in the wind) from the Barrens questline.
    Last edited by Normie; 2013-07-03 at 06:54 AM.

Do dailies to get enough lesser coins for your mogu coins. Also remember to get your weekly key runs since those have a chance at mogu coins as well (albeit a low %)