Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Not forgetting the fact Wrathion TELLS YOU that a more poweful foe is heading for the world and then shows you green balls falling into the planet...

Then again I in a few weeks we will see the name of the next xpan when blizz but the rights to the name.

Quote Originally Posted by T Man View Post
    Not forgetting the fact Wrathion TELLS YOU that a more poweful foe is heading for the world and then shows you green balls falling into the planet...

Then again I in a few weeks we will see the name of the next xpan when blizz but the rights to the name.
    he also specifically says the legion is coming soon later on in the questline

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by T Man View Post

We've known the Legion is coming again for years. Wrathion merely confirms it will be soon.

What he hasn't promised is that they'll be here as the primary antagonist for the next XPac. Nor does this "hint". We might see signs of a Legion invasion. We might see nothing. We might get the full might of the Legion.

We don't know. Wrathions prophecy, like many others, is worthless. Its tell us what we already know but it doesn't give us the detail we need.

EJL

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like a TBC based expansion where Sargeras is not the main baddy, but perhaps the reason why the Burning Legion is attacking.

Let's say in the end players and legion are both trying to enter the tomb of Sargeras, we finish of the legion but Sargeras is free and escapes to another world.

Sargeras now has all the time to gather new forces. We can try to find him or live in fear that we will return one day.

Also, invading legion could bring back more dynamic content (to the old world). Think of Patch 1.11 "Shadow of the Necropolis" with a bit more diversity in spawning events.
    Sing like no one is listening - Love like you've never been hurt
    Dance like no one is watching - Masturbate like no one else is on the bus

Quote Originally Posted by Rhywolver View Post
    I would like a TBC based expansion where Sargeras is not the main baddy, but perhaps the reason why the Burning Legion is attacking.

Let's say in the end players and legion are both trying to enter the tomb of Sargeras, we finish of the legion but Sargeras is free and escapes to another world.

Sargeras now has all the time to gather new forces. We can try to find him or live in fear that we will return one day.

Also, invading legion could bring back more dynamic content (to the old world). Think of Patch 1.11 "Shadow of the Necropolis" with a bit more diversity in spawning events.
    the tomb of sargeras had an avatar in it, sargeras isnt stuck in there because when he died he went inside medivhs unborn body

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest with the lore characters we know of if Sargeras isn't the final boss of WoW the only other thing it could be is the Old Gods.

"In the novel The Sundering, it is hinted that the Old Gods are more powerful than the Titans, including even Sargeras. It is said that they are extremely powerful and that the combined might of many Titans are required to subdue them. It is also stated that if they are freed, even Sargeras will plead for peace of death. This is further supported by their statement that little effort is needed to destroy Sargeras and turn his Burning Legion into their minions."

Taken from WoWWiki but if you read the novels you will see it for yourself, I can't help but feel that as of now we haven't even faced a fraction of the power that the Old Gods have. My favorite bosses so far have been the Lich King and Deathwing and they were both given the respect they deserve, Lich King at any time was stronger than the best Azeroth's heroes had and merely toyed with us. Deathwing was so powerful it took the combined powers of the Aspects, the Dragon Soul, Thralls power as well as our assistance to defeat him. So us having beaten C'thun with no help and us having beaten Yogg-saron with only the keepers help is nothing but an insult to the true power of the Old Gods ~_~

That said I hope the next expansion is a more naga-themed expansion that leads us into a Legion style expansion. I say this since Azshara believed that Sargeras would be her husband and she had power that was near the level of Archimonde, now with her empowered it is obviously beyond Archimonde but I wouldn't put it past Blizzard to have Azshara attempting to contact and bring the legion here again.

10+ Year Old Account
    If burning legion would return, i expect Sargeras to be seen ingame but not as end boss just as those little cut scenes during quests like we had in WOTLK where LK appeared out of no where.

I think Kil'Jaeden will be final boss of Burning legion if we ever faced the expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

He literally says this out loud in a quest it is not new information

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    mists was always about horde vs alliance and the sha and ya'shaarj was known the same time it was announced
    The 'New' was going to be Sha and Pandaren, that was clear at announcement; yet there were complaints about the lack of focus on a big evil, which Y'Shaarj clearly would have been seen to be had he been mentioned.

Only later did Blizz really talk about how Horde Vs Alliance would really start to come into it when Garrosh was named as the big evil, but all that presumably came on the back of outcry at the complete lack of Horde Vs Alliance conflict since Classic; in spite of hints at the Argent Tournament that never really manifested into anything in Cataclysm aside from low level stuff and some brief conflict in Twilight Highlands.

The result is that while the story has unfolded, it's been good, it does to me at least, feel like it has lurched around a lot in order to squeeze everything in to appease everyone with varying success; that's made it feel a little bloated and could have benefitted from being a little less scattered and a little more focused instead of trying to be all things to everyone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    the two lost High Elves lost in the Nether would show up in the next expansion.
    Who are these mysterious High Elves

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    The 'New' was going to be Sha and Pandaren, that was clear at announcement; yet there were complaints about the lack of focus on a big evil, which Y'Shaarj clearly would have been seen to be had he been mentioned.

Only later did Blizz really talk about how Horde Vs Alliance would really start to come into it when Garrosh was named as the big evil, but all that presumably came on the back of outcry at the complete lack of Horde Vs Alliance conflict since Classic; in spite of hints at the Argent Tournament that never really manifested into anything in Cataclysm aside from low level stuff and some brief conflict in Twilight Highlands.

The result is that while the story has unfolded, it's been good, it does to me at least, feel like it has lurched around a lot in order to squeeze everything in to appease everyone with varying success; that's made it feel a little bloated and could have benefitted from being a little less scattered and a little more focused instead of trying to be all things to everyone.
    no horde versus alliance was always very central to mists of pandaria i remember at the q&a at blizzcon when asked why they didnt reveal a big bad metzen said it was because we were the big bad that we were gonna come to pandaria and wreck it with our war

---------- Post added 2013-07-02 at 08:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by UltraBull View Post
    Who are these mysterious High Elves
    hes talking about alleria and turalyon even though turalyon isnt an elf hes a human

Deleted
    To all those who say "oh no not the legion".

We have barely had any interaction with them in wow outside of

1) isolated leftovers from the third war.

2) an advanced vanguard who were gathering in outland to hit Illidan in the happy sacks.

3) those who served Kael as he attempts to summon in KJ like archimonde.

The old gods have had much more of a focus over the past 3 expansion packs compared to the legion.

Also consider the legion never advances with its own force into azeroth directly. They send a 3rd party to do the dirty work.

The Horde & the Scourge both are intended to soften us up for the main event, both have now broke free of the legion's control but remain forces to be reckoned with.
    There is nothing to say a new threat will be sent in to soften us up this time either.

Also I wonder if Wrathion wanting to kill Garrosh so badly is because he knows he's falling into the trap of becoming old horde style legion pawns again.
    Last edited by mmoc1dde548293; 2013-07-02 at 12:39 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post

Eh, that is some revisionist history you have going on there. Check out the Blizzcon where MoP was announced, the Horde V Alliance conflict was talked about a great deal there. It's clear that the reason Blizzard were not forthcoming about Garrosh being the final villain not because they didn't have a final villain in mind and that that final villain wasn't Garrosh but because they wanted it to be a surprise. In the end we can only look at the facts; and your supposition that Y'Shaarj was to be the final villain and the Horde V Alliance aspect was a tacked on afterthought just doesn't add up. Hell, the CGI trailer for MoP which most certainly took longer to create than the space of time between Blizzcon and the trailer's release has the Horde V Alliance as a main focus.
    Last edited by mmoc6765cb3ae1; 2013-07-02 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    we have known for a while it will be the Legion and Sargeras
    I'd say there is a good chance it will be Legion, but I highly doubt it will involve Sargeras. I'd say it's more likely to be more of a ramp-up, with Sargeras showing up at the very end (just in time to make the next x-pac!)
    But look at how soon we're all forgotten. The abyss of endless time that swallows it all. The emptiness of those applauding hands.

Deleted
    Even tho TBC took place on another world the whole expan was focused on stopping the BL from coming over and stopping KJ from crossing over.

Wrathion wants us to kill Garrosh so the war can end and we can save our strength for the new threat that is on the way here as he says in your first meeting with him.

Not forgetting Garrosh has been using the Sha for his own benefits and I'm pretty sure he is beyond saving and killing him is the only way out.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunhither View Post
    *90->95 level cap
    Off on the wrong foot already.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Babyrobot View Post
    So they made a post on their facebook here https://www.facebook.com/Warcraft?hc_location=stream

EDIT- They posted;

"Wrathion foresees a rising menace that not even the Horde and Alliance together may be strong enough to overcome. Like if you think Wrathion has Azeroth’s best interests at heart, Share if you think he’s hiding something. http://bit.ly/11Z9z0Z"

Wouldn't surprise me if we get information released before Blizzcon, as they wanted to speed up the expansion cycles.

Speculate here!
    A rising menace. This is a strange choice of words, "rising" implies we haven't met them before and not foreseen their coming. I have a feeling this might not be the Legion after all.

Azshara is still alive after all. Maybe the Naga will tie in with an expansion related to the Legion later on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    A rising menace. This is a strange choice of words, "rising" implies we haven't met them before and not foreseen their coming. I have a feeling this might not be the Legion after all.

Azshara is still alive after all. Maybe the Naga will tie in with an expansion related to the Legion later on.
    Yea maybe Azshara activates a Burning-Legion-Portal-Bomb minutes before her head is placed on a pike.
    Sing like no one is listening - Love like you've never been hurt
    Dance like no one is watching - Masturbate like no one else is on the bus

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    In the last Legion expansion, he didn't even appear. There's no reason they couldn't do that again, as we have yet to kill Kil'Jaeden.
    True that, we just flushed him in the toilet.

This isn't a big hint though, since its exactly what Wrathion says during the legendary quest chain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by madrox View Post
    Eh, that is some revisionist history you have going on there. Check out the Blizzcon where MoP was announced, the Horde V Alliance conflict was talked about a great deal there. It's clear that the reason Blizzard were not forthcoming about Garrosh being the final villain not because they didn't have a final villain in mind and that that final villain wasn't Garrosh but because they wanted it to be a surprise. In the end we can only look at the facts; and your supposition that Y'Shaarj was to be the final villain and the Horde V Alliance aspect was a tacked on afterthought just doesn't add up. Hell, the CGI trailer for MoP which most certainly took longer to create than the space of time between Blizzcon and the trailer's release has the Horde V Alliance as a main focus.
    Maybe I am mis-remembering a bit, I kinda feel like they had this concept for MoP as a way to introduce Pandaren, but they felt that they had to go 'MoP is Horde V Alliance' on the back of having had 3 expansion of almost zero Horde V Alliance (end game) conflict -> That led to the community asking about a big bad, because 3 expansions of Illidan/Kil'jaeden, Lich King, Deathwing -> So Blizz say 'Sha and stuff' -> Community are like "Who? What?" -> Blizz: "Surprise, it's actually Garrosh!"

That's why I feel like it's actually quite disjointed; that Y'Shaarj and Garrosh as the big bad feel very tacked on as a climax, rather than a solid Horde V Alliance plotline. Especially when you get to 5.3 and there just isn't a plot Alliance side anymore, and Horde side it turns in on itself.