Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Blizzard facebook post about next expansion hint

So they made a post on their facebook here https://www.facebook.com/Warcraft?hc_location=stream

EDIT- They posted;

"Wrathion foresees a rising menace that not even the Horde and Alliance together may be strong enough to overcome. Like if you think Wrathion has Azeroth’s best interests at heart, Share if you think he’s hiding something. http://bit.ly/11Z9z0Z"

Wouldn't surprise me if we get information released before Blizzcon, as they wanted to speed up the expansion cycles.

Speculate here!
    Last edited by Babyrobot; 2013-07-01 at 10:25 PM.

we have known for a while it will be the Legion and Sargeras

Can you say what the post is? I don't think anyone wants to go to a different link.
    My name is what makes me so manly.

Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    we have known for a while it will be the Legion and Sargeras
    We have? I thought it was just speculation (I took a break for a good while so I might have missed something). I'm not doubting you, but do you have a blue post / interview / whatever?

Quote Originally Posted by lopk View Post
    We have? I thought it was just speculation. I'm not doubting you, but do you have a blue post / leak / whatever?
    It was pretty much speculation. This is the first time they have directly hinted at it I believe.

He's using a fast and loose definition of "know".

Quote Originally Posted by Creations View Post
    Can you say what the post is? I don't think anyone wants to go to a different link.
    I think they are referring to this.
    Wrathion foresees a rising menace that not even the Horde and Alliance together may be strong enough to overcome. Like if you think Wrathion has Azeroth’s best interests at heart, Share if you think he’s hiding something.
    That then links to a tidbit about Wrathion. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/lor...cters/wrathion

Not really much to go on other than that Wrathion will likely still have an important part in the future of WoW story. He may turn bad or continue to be of assistance in the fight against the legion.

Personally I like the legion side of WoW and had a lot of fun with that lore in BC. On another note I still want that Naga raid!
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2013-07-01 at 10:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    In response to a question about the next expansion, the game devs told us we'd have to go to blizzcon to find out. So I think it's reasonable to conclude it's going to be announced at blizzcon.

(also that sounds like an end-of-this-expansion hint)

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Babyrobot View Post
    It was pretty much speculation. This is the first time they have directly hinted at it I believe.
    Ah, okay. Was going to say, I probably would have known if it was confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.facebook.com/Warcraft

The link he posted is from Blizzard, it takes you to Wrathion's lore page.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/lor...cters/wrathion

The legion haven't been confirmed for next expansion, but it's obviously coming within the next 2 expansions, you would hope.
    There's the image of Fel energy htiting Azeroth in the 5.0 Legendary quest line, and someone of Blizzard said the two lost High Elves lost in the Nether would show up in the next expansion.
    But yeah, atleast Wrathion won't be thrown under a bus in this expansion, and will actually show up if they are giving him a bit of attention, good to see.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

I like how Velen says the Legion is returning and everyone's all, "shut up, old man."
    Then Wrathion says basically the same thing and everyone freaks out about how the Legion is returning.

Deleted
    And eveyrone knows Wrathion is hiding something. He is getting strong titan artifacts that we collect for him and then never hear of anymore and he is trying to grab more and more of them. Almost as if he wants to gain power through these titans and might just follow his father's footsteps after all.. Just more cunning and less corrupted.

Seems a bit too early for the legion, I know they pretty much either gotta go this route or old gods... perhaps a teaser expansion for the legion? I dunno, I definitely think they'll release at least 2 more expacs before we finally see Sargeras.

Deleted
    So we get the legion as expansion... Is this where everyone was hoping for? It atleast seems Blizzard can't surprise us anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Seems a bit too early for the legion, I know they pretty much either gotta go this route or old gods... perhaps a teaser expansion for the legion? I dunno, I definitely think they'll release at least 2 more expacs before we finally see Sargeras.
    We don't have to fight Sargeras to actually have a full Legion Expansion. He could just be in the form of a Shade, shadow or phantom etc etc.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    I'm not sure if this should be automatically considered next expansion hint, they're just posting about what we've known for a while now. "Wrathion foresees a rising menace that not even the Horde and Alliance together may be strong enough to overcome." That's what he said to us in 5.0 already.

Quote Originally Posted by Babyrobot View Post
    "Wrathion foresees a rising menace that not even the Horde and Alliance together may be strong enough to overcome. Like if you think Wrathion has Azeroth’s best interests at heart, Share if you think he’s hiding something. http://bit.ly/11Z9z0Z"
    That's not a new hint. That's just what he tells you during the first step of the legendary quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Furell View Post
    So we get the legion as expansion... Is this where everyone was hoping for? It atleast seems Blizzard can't surprise us anymore
    No one saw MoP coming.

Legion expansion is good, it means draenei will finally get some new lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    I like how Velen says the Legion is returning and everyone's all, "shut up, old man."
    Then Wrathion says basically the same thing and everyone freaks out about how the Legion is returning.
    I can imagine that it's due to the fact that Wrathion has been featured and has had a prominent(~) role throughout the entire expansion, where as Velen hasn't played that critical of a role.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    We don't have to fight Sargeras to actually have a full Legion Expansion. He could just be in the form of a Shade, shadow or phantom etc etc.
    In the last Legion expansion, he didn't even appear. There's no reason they couldn't do that again, as we have yet to kill Kil'Jaeden.