Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Lets not forget that Tryus Blackhorn in Mount Hyjal hinted the return of the legion during Cata too!:

Redemption! You act as if there's an escape from the Burning Legion. So smug! As though your efforts a decade ago or in Outland have slowed the Legion a single iota! They will come, <race>. They will return. And I will be here to welcome them.

Deleted
    I know... The return of crithto!
    Endboss: Crithto the destroyer!

Deleted
    World of Warcraft: It's happening (tm)

Seriously, I hope it's Legion, so many art possibilities - not saying Pandaria isn't beautiful, but alien scenery? F yea!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    A rising menace. This is a strange choice of words, "rising" implies we haven't met them before and not foreseen their coming. I have a feeling this might not be the Legion after all.
    If you're going to teeter around words, try Wrathion's quote of "the horrors that are even now bearing down on our fragile home." Bearing down usually means "incoming," and when overlaid with green infernal rain... seems to smack of the legion to me.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

15+ Year Old Account
    I am betting on The Legion showing back up for the next expansion. Hopefully this will also give them an excuse to redo the BC zones.

Everything I say is absolute. If you disagree, you're a communist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vamandrac View Post
    I am betting on The Legion showing back up for the next expansion. Hopefully this will also give them an excuse to redo the BC zones.
    i don't see them redoing any more, and hopefully we go to xoroth and argus and some other planets out in the twisting nether and not back to outland. metzen did say at our last blizzcon that they want us to go to other planets at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Babyrobot View Post
    So they made a post on their facebook here https://www.facebook.com/Warcraft?hc_location=stream

EDIT- They posted;

"Wrathion foresees a rising menace that not even the Horde and Alliance together may be strong enough to overcome. Like if you think Wrathion has Azeroth’s best interests at heart, Share if you think he’s hiding something. http://bit.ly/11Z9z0Z"

Wouldn't surprise me if we get information released before Blizzcon, as they wanted to speed up the expansion cycles.

Speculate here!
    I'm just going to guess the rising of the Old God N'Zoth.
    "Yes, I'm one of those GW2 fan boys who quit WoW and never even played GW1."[/IMG]

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jd812 View Post
    i don't see them redoing any more, and hopefully we go to xoroth and argus and some other planets out in the twisting nether and not back to outland. metzen did say at our last blizzcon that they want us to go to other planets at some point.
    I don't expect them to redo the zones for 91-100 level content or whatever, but it would be nice since they re-did all the vanilla zones if BC areas got a face lift. I expect that they will have us level in new areas like you mentioned.

Everything I say is absolute. If you disagree, you're a communist.

Deleted
    Like this idea. I could see them announcing expansion V as "this is truly the largest expansion we have put out, explore not one, but two planets." I am expecting then to go all out for V, lots of ppl will be pulled back in so there will -finally- be some big dynamic changes coming to break the now, stale cycle.

10+ Year Old Account
    So they made a post on their facebook here https://www.facebook.com/Warcraft?hc_location=stream

EDIT- They posted;

"Wrathion foresees a rising menace that not even the Horde and Alliance together may be strong enough to overcome. Like if you think Wrathion has Azeroth’s best interests at heart, Share if you think he’s hiding something. http://bit.ly/11Z9z0Z"

Wouldn't surprise me if we get information released before Blizzcon, as they wanted to speed up the expansion cycles.

Speculate here!
    Pick up one of these 3 please:
    - The return of the Titans;
    - The return of Sargeras (since Sargeras is a Titan, it could be related to the one obove this);
    - The return of the Legion (since the legion is under the orders of sargeras, and Sargeras is related to the Titans, it could be related to the 2 above this).

A full legion expansion is very much due. After Northrend, Azeroth being destroyed and now another continent, it makes sense as it would be a good way to break things up. It's not the best reason, I know, but when you look back and how much has happened on Azeroth, I think it's due to get away from there for a while.

I believe that Wrathion will be the one that brings the Legion back, and perhaps will be a boss next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Maybe I am mis-remembering a bit, I kinda feel like they had this concept for MoP as a way to introduce Pandaren, but they felt that they had to go 'MoP is Horde V Alliance' on the back of having had 3 expansion of almost zero Horde V Alliance (end game) conflict -> That led to the community asking about a big bad, because 3 expansions of Illidan/Kil'jaeden, Lich King, Deathwing -> So Blizz say 'Sha and stuff' -> Community are like "Who? What?" -> Blizz: "Surprise, it's actually Garrosh!"

That's why I feel like it's actually quite disjointed; that Y'Shaarj and Garrosh as the big bad feel very tacked on as a climax, rather than a solid Horde V Alliance plotline. Especially when you get to 5.3 and there just isn't a plot Alliance side anymore, and Horde side it turns in on itself.
    They announced it was Garrosh long before 5.3 was in development. Hell, I'm pretty sure it was announced well before the expansion was released. I was disappointed when they made the announcement. I would have rather seen the players react as things developed rather than knowing how the book ended before starting Chapter 1.

Alliance has no plot because Blizzard doesn't care to write them. The Alliance plot is "wait until next expansion, it's going to be awesome."

A cross-planet talent system, where talents on one planet don't work well on the other, requiring a little more creative input from the player?

Quote Originally Posted by Grunhither View Post
    *Nazjatar (Naga capital) raised to surface from sea floor
    Frankly, i'd prefer if they left it as an underwater zone. Vashj'ir is still my favorite.

15+ Year Old Account
    It was pretty much speculation. This is the first time they have directly hinted at it I believe.
    Pretty much every other quest for Wrathion is a direct hint...

He shows you a world map with a dark menace unknown...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Maybe I am mis-remembering a bit, I kinda feel like they had this concept for MoP as a way to introduce Pandaren, but they felt that they had to go 'MoP is Horde V Alliance' on the back of having had 3 expansion of almost zero Horde V Alliance (end game) conflict -> That led to the community asking about a big bad, because 3 expansions of Illidan/Kil'jaeden, Lich King, Deathwing -> So Blizz say 'Sha and stuff' -> Community are like "Who? What?" -> Blizz: "Surprise, it's actually Garrosh!"

That's why I feel like it's actually quite disjointed; that Y'Shaarj and Garrosh as the big bad feel very tacked on as a climax, rather than a solid Horde V Alliance plotline. Especially when you get to 5.3 and there just isn't a plot Alliance side anymore, and Horde side it turns in on itself.
    We knew it was Garrosh from the time of the expansion announcement onwards and not just because of the leak (they talked about it at Blizzcon).

5.0 through 5.2 are Horde vs Alliance.
    5.3 through 5.4 are Horde/Alliance vs Sha of Pride/Garrosh/Y'Shaarj.

Not to mention we learned of Y'Shaarj and the Sha connection in 5.0.4.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Well let's see. BC was arguably the most popular of the expansions. The game has been declining in subs. Let me rub my crystal balls. Yup, inc Burning Legion.

Deleted
    well he "forsees" that in the very first part of the legendary quest chain.

so i would call this hardly an hint.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    Well let's see. BC was arguably the most popular of the expansions. The game has been declining in subs. Let me rub my crystal balls. Yup, inc Burning Legion.
    Well, it's obvious it's been in planning for a while - Wrathion shows you a globe of Azeroth in a Patch 5.0.4 quest while he talks about the Legion.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    Small post but you say so much with this.