Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulgrim View Post
    "Wrathion turns out to be Sargeras in disguise" - Blizzard's New Lead Game Designer, M. Night Shyamalan
    Lmao

Couple of things that I see popping up:

"Sargeras would be the last boss of WoW"

1) The end of WoW is nowhere in the foreseeable future. EQ1 release date: 1999. Still alive and well in 2013 with 500k subs on the umpteenth expansion.
    2) Who says he would have to die. He can make an appearance, we might kill one of his main underlings, and he escapes.
    3) This is a fantasy world whose lore expands through an entire universe. Even if Sargeras is defeated, it would be illogical to assume that in all of the universe there isn't a stronger being. He's just the strongest that we currently know of. Hell we don't even know everything about our own real life universe, and this is a fantasy game, anything is possible.

"A legion expansion shows Blizzard is desperate"

1) It's not like this is the wild card they had in their hand the whole time waiting for a clutch moment. This doesn't even have to be the only legion expansion, either. We could have one now, 2 more different expansions and then go back to legion again. There are a lot of notable NPCs still left in their ranks, not to mention the ability for Blizzard to easily weave a few new ones to introduce us to for later down the road.
    2) It's not like: "Boom Legion Xpack give us ur moneys", although I won't deny it will probably reel in a few old schoolers and maybe some new people who weren't feeling the MoP theme. I definitely believe that to a broader audience it screamed Kung Fu panda and probably turned a lot more traditional fantasy RPGers away who thought about picking the game up for the first time. A cover with a dreadlord on it I would wager would attract more RPG-subscription-based gamers.

Quote Originally Posted by hitandruntactic View Post
    Really, you think it's the Legion? The ones the Horde and Alliance combined defeated twice (in WC3 and BC) and the Night Elves and their allies defeated when the Legion was strongest?

How about a few Old Gods and Azshara, coming out in force. No puppets, just old gods, the ones whom could crush Sargeras with ease. The ones we probably need Titans returning to aid us in the battle. The Legion is nothing compared to them, this has been established as canon.
    To me, this just lessens the argument that Sargeras is the end-all-be-all boss of Warcraft. It also dismantles the assertion that if we are fighting bosses in order of their power, that the Azshara expansion (if there is one) needs to come before the Legion.

Me personally, I'd love to see the most powerful members of the legion woven into the storyline during the same timeframe Azshara rises from the depths. Then us having to deal with both adversaries and possibly even using them against each other in our favor.

haven't the previous expansions always been announced before the final raid tier?

Quote Originally Posted by hitandruntactic View Post
    Really, you think it's the Legion? The ones the Horde and Alliance combined defeated twice (in WC3 and BC) and the Night Elves and their allies defeated when the Legion was strongest?

How about a few Old Gods and Azshara, coming out in force. No puppets, just old gods, the ones whom could crush Sargeras with ease. The ones we probably need Titans returning to aid us in the battle. The Legion is nothing compared to them, this has been established as canon.
    Yes we think its legion. Wrathion said it was.

You should also reconsider looking at the previous Legion attempts. Never have we defeated them when they were strongest.
    1. Closed portal before Sargeras entered and doomed Azeroth
    2. Killed Archimonde, only one lord of the legion and at very high cost
    3. Closed portal before Kil'jaeden entered and ruined Azeroth

See a connection? We have never faced them at their strongest. They have only had one lord here at the time or we close the portal. The Legion has conquered countless planets, their numbers in the millions. The issue is getting their troops here.

Also the old gods can't defeat Sargeras, maybe combined they could but they can't now. They're weakened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    haven't the previous expansions always been announced before the final raid tier?
    No, MoP was announced during 4.3 PTR

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    It also dismantles the assertion that if we are fighting bosses in order of their power, that the Azshara expansion (if there is one) needs to come before the Legion.
    We've never fought them in ascending order of power in the first place. Raid tiers are not an indication of power, just story and game mechanical separations for the purpose of gameplay. So that argument is useless anyway.

Not sure why Azshara would want to rise from the depths, though. Why endanger herself? It would make far more sense for us to have to go down to get her.

Doubt they would ever do it, but it is about time for a hard reset. Demons come and they destroy Azeroth, ragtag remnants of the races escape at the last minute through a portal to a new world where our previous gear and levels are largely meaningless and we have to start anew.

World of Warcraft : A New Beginning

Quote Originally Posted by jbombard View Post
    Doubt they would ever do it, but it is about time for a hard reset. Demons come and they destroy Azeroth, ragtag remnants of the races escape at the last minute through a portal to a new world where our previous gear and levels are largely meaningless and we have to start anew.

Wow, that actually sounds like an amazing idea. You know what it would also do? Lead into the item squish that everyone has been so passionately been talking about. It would fit perfectly.

They would keep the new level cap, probably 95 (hoping for 100) and have the alliance/horde relocate to a different world/planet and begin to construct new cities/towns. Oh my god, all of the possibilities.
    Last edited by Marksman12; 2013-07-03 at 03:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    Yes we think its legion. Wrathion said it was.

You should also reconsider looking at the previous Legion attempts. Never have we defeated them when they were strongest.
    1. Closed portal before Sargeras entered and doomed Azeroth
    2. Killed Archimonde, only one lord of the legion and at very high cost
    3. Closed portal before Kil'jaeden entered and ruined Azeroth

See a connection? We have never faced them at their strongest. They have only had one lord here at the time or we close the portal. The Legion has conquered countless planets, their numbers in the millions. The issue is getting their troops here.

Also the old gods can't defeat Sargeras, maybe combined they could but they can't now. They're weakened.

No, MoP was announced during 4.3 PTR
    N'Zoth at full power could probably wreck Sargeras, as for Yogg'Saron and Y'Shaarj. C'Thun is too young and thus the weakest of the Old Gods so maybe not him... Yet.
    "Yes, I'm one of those GW2 fan boys who quit WoW and never even played GW1."[/IMG]

15+ Year Old Account
    "Soon" doesn't mean next. We've known the Legion would try again each time. We just don't know when. We still don't.

Why does everyone want to kill Sargeras? What if we need him to defeat the Pantheon when they see the mess the Alliance and Horde created on Azeroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of people really think we dealt with the Burning Legion a lot. That's just not even true, we barely touched them.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Tribunal View Post
    "Soon" doesn't mean next. We've known the Legion would try again each time. We just don't know when. We still don't.
    It would be pretty anti-climatic. If Wrathion goes like this:

"...the fire that once burned the sky will return. It is inevitable. The Burning Legion WILL find Azeroth. Seas of blood, cities in ruins! Who are we - one divided world - to stand against a legion? You speak of hope. Believe me, the thinnest silver of belief that we might somehow survive the coming devastation is all that sustains me."

to " Oh wait, I forgot we have to deal with the Naga/dream/whatever first lol nvm".

If it was something else, then Wrathion would be warning us of that imminent disaster to the well-being of Azeroth first instead of talking about the Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by jbombard View Post

Imagine Cata, only worse, and you're required to start a new char. That's about what you're suggesting. Sequels to MMOs tend to do rather poorly. People do not like losing everything.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    It would be pretty anti-climatic. If Wrathion goes like this:

"...the fire that once burned the sky will return. It is inevitable. The Burning Legion WILL find Azeroth. Seas of blood, cities in ruins! Who are we - one divided world - to stand against a legion? You speak of hope. Believe me, the thinnest silver of belief that we might somehow survive the coming devastation is all that sustains me."

to " Oh wait, I forgot we have to deal with the Naga/dream/whatever first lol nvm".

If it was something else, then Wrathion would be warning us of that imminent disaster to the well-being of Azeroth first instead of talking about the Legion.
    Not if he's not in-tune with whatever is coming in the meantime. Maybe he can only sense the Legion. Maybe he'll make fun of us for 'wasting time' with whatever threat pops up while the Legion is hurtling towards us.

I just don't think we're ready for the Legion yet, in the realistic timeline of the game. I could be wrong, but I also don't think they're as 'locked in' as everyone else seems to think.

They've always been a threat. Various people have always continued to say that. They just don't also hand us orange shinies so we don't listen so closely.