Thread: Hexos

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Hexos

Fuck him. Fuck this boss. I don't...I can't even...HOW?!

My reaction time is just terrible, I can't play games like this. I tried Super Hexagon, I've made it to about 30 seconds, tops. I just don't have the reflexes for this. Who the hell would make this a progression boss? What kind of sick, sadistic mind thought this was a good idea?!

One shot kill. ONE HIT, one misplaced wall. And on Super Hexagon that's fine, because you can instantly try again. In the Brawler's Guild, that don't work so well.

Not to mention you have to dps. If they made it like Super Hexagon, and you just had to avoid shit, I could probably eventually do it. But now I have to learn keybinds, and even pressing buttons takes a fraction of my concentration away from dodging the damn walls.

My pet sometimes makes it hard to see the walls, too, even with camera directly overhead. I guess I should try going SV to beat him, I just don't know.

Just...all my hatred. All of it. Take it all. Dumbest idea for a progression boss ever.
    Once you go troll, you never reroll. -heard on cynicalbrit.com. Epic.

Deleted
    Well you can't be a clicker/keyboard turner to do it. Personally i think the walls come a tad bit too fast, and that hexos model should be easier to see how to fit in. I havent completed either yet since i cant be arsed to do the run back and sit in queue. Its dreadful enough to try do to a proper rotation on a dot class with crap ST damage so that you have to push great numbers and really try.

I can't seem to do it either, I've tried maybe 10-15 times. My reaction time is good, I just tend to either under-turn or over-turn and wind up hitting a wall. Guess I'm getting old and my twitch skills are dulling. Oh well, life goes on.

You just need to practice until you have muscle memory for every "pattern" he uses. Most of them trick your eyes way before they trick your hand and aren't actually that difficult to navigate through once you learn the...trick.

One shotted my way up to rank 10. lol don't see a problem about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just get another person to help you. 1 person does dps rotation, other person navigates the maze.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    You just need to practice until you have muscle memory for every "pattern" he uses. Most of them trick your eyes way before they trick your hand and aren't actually that difficult to navigate through once you learn the...trick.
    Yeah. Just such a tense fight. My hand on my mouse gets sweaty, and I have to keep moving the mouse at times, because he'll use something where I have to keep turning right. A lot easier on Super Hexagon for that.

---------- Post added 2013-07-01 at 01:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just get another person to help you. 1 person does dps rotation, other person navigates the maze.
    I was about to say "How the heck does that work?!" Then it hit me. And that's not a bad thought. I wonder if I can find someone who ISN'T 33 years old and still has their reflexes for games like that.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWerebison View Post
    Fuck him. Fuck this boss. I don't...I can't even...HOW?!

My reaction time is just terrible, I can't play games like this. I tried Super Hexagon, I've made it to about 30 seconds, tops. I just don't have the reflexes for this. Who the hell would make this a progression boss? What kind of sick, sadistic mind thought this was a good idea?!

One shot kill. ONE HIT, one misplaced wall. And on Super Hexagon that's fine, because you can instantly try again. In the Brawler's Guild, that don't work so well.

Not to mention you have to dps. If they made it like Super Hexagon, and you just had to avoid shit, I could probably eventually do it. But now I have to learn keybinds, and even pressing buttons takes a fraction of my concentration away from dodging the damn walls.

My pet sometimes makes it hard to see the walls, too, even with camera directly overhead. I guess I should try going SV to beat him, I just don't know.

Just...all my hatred. All of it. Take it all. Dumbest idea for a progression boss ever.
    Personally, I think it's one of the coolest, most creative bosses in the brawler's guild! It's certainly better than most.

I got hexos after my 15th try or so. I found it very RNG based, didnt really like that. But I macro'd tons of stuff together so i only had to mash 2-3 buttons. Did this on a BM hunter.

We need a raiding boss like this, best mechanic ever
    IM TEH RET! er... teh holy... or it was teh prot?!
    This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.

Quote Originally Posted by wiep View Post
    Well you can't be a clicker/keyboard turner to do it. Personally i think the walls come a tad bit too fast, and that hexos model should be easier to see how to fit in. I havent completed either yet since i cant be arsed to do the run back and sit in queue. Its dreadful enough to try do to a proper rotation on a dot class with crap ST damage so that you have to push great numbers and really try.
    I know, I'm trying to learn keybinds. Like I say, though, they take concentration away from my ability to dodge walls. I'm trying to keep it simple, just using 3 attacks, and kill shot on 4, assuming I ever get him anywhere NEAR 20%.

Deleted
    Keep at it, once you defeat him the ride to rank 10 is easy

It was really hard at first, I must've died in seconds like 30 times in one sitting alone. Then after many, many pulls something happened in my brain and I *got* it. Suddenly I was getting a lot further before getting winged by edges.

Then one night I had about 10 minutes before shutdown, so since I had nothing better to do I figured I'd try a few pulls on Hexos. First pull I died at like 4%, second I killed him. Like 2 mins left on shutdown. It was amazing, it was like I could see the Matrix.

So in short the biggest thing is learning some kind of muscle memory that helps. Practice practice practice. The first thing to do is get an intuition of where the safe "edge" is, and how much a line has to sink into the center before it's "past" you. I found a post that said to think about moving the physical beholder body through the maze, that really made it a lot easier (until I read that I was looking at the center of the screen). Maybe that was just me.

Also, there are certain formations of the maze you will notice repeating themselves after a while - try to master them one at a time, even if you die immediately afterwards. I found the one with the interlocking C shapes the most awkward as it requires a lot of rapid spins in random directions. Once I got that once down it was a lot easier.

It's a really cool fight once you're in the zone. But I will say that the enrage timer is really intolerant, should be longer if you ask me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by splinternz View Post
    From watching videos on the other bosses, this is what I was thinking. My fine motor skills with a mouse just suck apparently, lol.

I made a 1 button rotation macro which I manged to squeeze out about 100k dps from. Even though it prolonged the fight by me doing way less dps than usual, it just made everything so much easier when I did not have to worry about the dps so that's something I'd definitely recommend.
    Strength Determination Merciless Forever

Armory

Quote Originally Posted by TheWerebison View Post
    Yeah. Just such a tense fight. My hand on my mouse gets sweaty, and I have to keep moving the mouse at times, because he'll use something where I have to keep turning right. A lot easier on Super Hexagon for that.
    Yeah, I consider it kind of RNG for this reason. Each pattern has a left or right escape, because there aren't any other directions, and of course you can get unlucky and get 15 right patterns in a row and you just run out of wrist to turn with. Just keep trying is my advice, just like I would tell people wiping on Kanrethad.

I also consider Hexos the hardest boss of the last two ranks.

Deleted
    I might have some advices even though I'm not sure if you'll find them valuable :
    1) Look at a fix point but not your character. I've found it easier to fit in the maze when I was fixing a point where the maze appears and strived not to look directly at my character. The peripheral vision is supposed to be better.
    2) Don't think. Really, just don't : it must be instinctive. When you're not thinking about it, I assume you're using your left cerebral hemisphere which puts you in a sort of automatic pilot. This way, you're automatically and spontaneously following the pattern. Every time I found myself thinking about something else, I had better performances and when I'd realize he was about to die, I would focus on the pink beams which would make me have a bad reaction.
    Nevertheless, it also means that you mustn't think about your spells and that you can DPS without hesitating between your attacks.
    3) Make sure you have enough place to move your mouse !

According to you, this fight comes from a sadistic mind ; from my point of view, it is almost the ONLY encounter that really deserves its place in the Brawler's arena. You need to know your class, you need to be able to react quickly to an unending flow of information and even if you fail, you should keep improving your control over the mechanisms of your class.

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiastrel View Post
    I might have some advices even though I'm not sure if you'll find them valuable :
    1) Look at a fix point but not your character. I've found it easier to fit in the maze when I was fixing a point where the maze appears and strived not to look directly at my character. The peripheral vision is supposed to be better.
    2) Don't think. Really, just don't : it must be instinctive. When you're not thinking about it, I assume you're using your left cerebral hemisphere which puts you in a sort of automatic pilot. This way, you're automatically and spontaneously following the pattern. Every time I found myself thinking about something else, I had better performances and when I'd realize he was about to die, I would focus on the pink beams which would make me have a bad reaction.
    Nevertheless, it also means that you mustn't think about your spells and that you can DPS without hesitating between your attacks.
    3) Make sure you have enough place to move your mouse !

According to you, this fight comes from a sadistic mind ; from my point of view, it is almost the ONLY encounter that really deserves its place in the Brawler's arena. You need to know your class, you need to be able to react quickly to an unending flow of information and even if you fail, you should keep improving your control over the mechanisms of your class.
    I dunno, to me, the Brawler's Guild fights should be about the FIGHTS. Yeah, Durumu has his maze mechanic, but it's not the whole fight. I realize that there are many fights in the arena that can be cheesed, or are real easy for certain classes, but this is silly. It's like asking me to beat a boss by winning a game of Peggle.

I've tried Hexos, out of 10 tries I made a mistake 3 times. The other 7 I died from the enrage time.
    The maze itself it's pretty reasonable, but you need 99k dps in order to beat the enrage time. That's the real problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by splinternz View Post
    Depends very much on gear level. Hexos was fine at 490, just beat the enrage there as hance, but nibbleh and ahooru required a sizable gear jump.

The mechanics of the fights are easier though i agree.