Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    Yeah, getting mighty tired of the morons spouting the ''huuur duuur nostalgiaaa'' crap.
    The game jumped the shark when Blizzard allowed clams to stack, then?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by superstarz View Post
    I would make every instance from any level harder..
    take away flying mounts..

that will start
    Because there is a point to making leveling hard.

What is that point exactly?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by superstarz View Post
    take away flying mounts..
    Oh god blizzard please do this. The fun we'll have on quarterly report day...
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Because there is a point to making leveling hard.

What is that point exactly?
    It's been explained several times in this thread already.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    It's been explained several times in this thread already.
    I am unimpressed that people who have been playing the game for 5 years, or even "just" 1 year, find leveling to be trivially easy. That is basically non-information.

Meanwhile there is no meaningful content at any point in the game before max level, so why even bother with it? The leveling experience is sort of like your appendix. It's probably best to have it removed.

I am unimpressed that people who have been playing the game for 5 years, or even "just" 1 year, find leveling to be trivially easy. That is basically non-information.
    I'm not sure how that's relevant. You don't need to be impressed. You either understand, or you don't.

Meanwhile there is no meaningful content at any point in the game before max level
    That's exactly the problem.

1. Make heroic dungeons the same difficulty as challenge modes
    2. Remove all difficulties in raids, make them all like HC mode with the last boss incredibly hard compared to the rest of the bosses
    3. Merge low pop servers until there's only 15 servers each language (EU)
    4. Remove LFR and LFD, make server rep mean something
    5. Buff mobs you fight while leveling, introduce group quests and requirements to defeat different quests.
    6. Low level instances are now like they used to be in vanilla. You pull, you die.
    7. Remove heirlooms, make XP required like vanilla.
    8. Release new raid content every time a world first kill of last boss happens, (with the increased difficulty of the last boss, 2 or 3 months will pass until someone gets the kill)

There you go, game fixed. With all servers merged, nobody can use the "cant find people" as an excuse.

10+ Year Old Account

That's exactly the problem.
    Theirs no meaningful content outside of raiding. PERIOD.
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    And endgame raiding IS hard.
    Its not. I clear 13 HC in 1 night.

Back in the good ol days players needed MONTHS to kill a boss world first, Kael thas for example. Raiding now is nothing compared to what it used to be.

Honestly IMHO it is not about how hard it is. The problem is EZ mode Mid level diffucutly and ZOMG it is hard, are basically the same content just tuned different. People have no insentive to move onto harder content... they are not gonna see anything new. Okay so there is gear and that has some insentive. But it is not like "okay I want to get through LFR so I can go do the same thing only harder, and then when i finish that I can go see yet again the same thing, only harder", that is boring. Best time of raiding for me was when you had leveled progression that wasn't the same content.

Of course on the other side of the coin people complain that they cant see the content... but personally I am okay with that. No I did not see original Naxx. But the people that did had skill. Now everyone sees everything. They will never go back though. The gaming industry has changed, the player base has changes. Hell even as a player I know I have changed. Been playing 8 years... my life has changed how could it not.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem WoW faces is that difficulty has a major jump. The reason so many players feel that normal raids are hard is because nothing prepares you for it. Quests are nonsense easy. Heroic dungeons shouldn't even be called Heroic anymore. LFR doesn't even prepare you for normal raids.

First step is getting players to learn how to play their classes, and I believe that Blizzard should introduce quests specific to classes so they can learn how to play them. It's fun and the rewards can be interesting. Like how Paladins and Warlocks had to work towards getting their mounts. You know before Blizzard ended up just giving them away for a small amount of gold.

Next is to make dungeons and scenarios harder. This should be a learning curve for new players. There shouldn't be tank and spank fights and face rolling. Dungeons need mechanics and dps requirements. I would even go as far as needing crowd control again. The rewards should reflect the effort. Dungeons should drop set bonuses for dungeon tier armor. Gear that'll really get you ready for raiding.

Finally LFR needs to go away. Flex raiding should be it's replacement.
    Last edited by Vash The Stampede; 2013-07-04 at 04:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Finally LFR needs to go away. Flex raiding should be it's replacement.
    This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^.

i like the idea of making dungeons harder- and making it basically a requirement that you'd need a competent group of 5 to do them

and it even makes sense, think about it, if your 5 man group finally progresses and finishes dungeons the next logical step is 10 man raiding, what's the best way of getting 10 people together? combine 2 dungeon groups. you get everything you need, 2 heals, 2 tanks, 6 dps (though maybe 3 heals 5 dps, it depends and that's kind of the way it goes I guess)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudor View Post

Back in the good ol days players needed MONTHS to kill a boss world first, Kael thas for example. Raiding now is nothing compared to what it used to be.
    I could point out that you are so far removed from what the majority of the player base can potentially do that your experience is null and void. However you would probably ignore that and insist NO IT'S EASY GET BETTER. Well it's not easy relative to what everyone else can do. It's not even easy relative to other video games. Normal on stacraft or diablo is such a breeze... normal sc2 holds your hand so fucking much..
    The hammer comes down:

10+ Year Old Account

You're not taking a lot of things into account though. Theorycrafting wasn't at all like it is now back then. Back then there weren't 100 videos of how to successfully complete every encounter in the tier on YouTube 2 months before the content went live. There weren't class guides on every site and things weren't being datamined as much, so you didn't know exactly how to gear up months in advance.

Players today have so many more advantages than players did then. That's really more of the reason that content doesn't last as long, because people already know how to do it before it's even out. I guarantee you Kael'Thas would have lasted about two weeks in today's climate, if that.

Just break all addons. It would be funny watching people get so mad. I mean how did we ever play and raid in Everquest without addons? Oh yea we were just better.

10+ Year Old Account

Kael was bugged and overtuned. Once 2.1 was out it took 5 days to see the world first.

On the other hand, BT took just over one week to clear.
    So this is just false.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Hah, what? Game is too easy? Like many others have said, have you even tried current heroic raiding? If not, this thread is moot.

- - - Updated - - -

You're also ridiculously wrong. Back in the "good ol days" as you call it, bosses were horrendously buggy and unkillable and overtuned and half, if not more specs in the game were just useless. None of the bosses till MAYBE SWP were actually hard. Wrath brought actual difficulty to raiding. You're confusing overtuned/buggy with being hard and something tells me you not only didn't raid in previous expansions but have been talking to the wrong people.

Also, progression raiding is different from farm raiding. How long did it take you to fully clear the tier originally? You can't compare stuff on farm with stuff on progression.

tl;dr: Your argument is ridiculously flawed and you give hardcore raiders a bad name.

Pretty much all suggestions I've seen don't actually make the game harder. It makes the game more annoying. I play WoW to raid, I don't like leveling (past initial expansion release craze) and I don't want it to be increasingly more annoying. Grind doesn't equal difficulty. Taking away crutches doesn't make the game easier, it makes the game more frustrating.

And you people are increasingly forgetting one vital aspect. The game is geared towards the casual gamer, as are most games that want to have mass market appeal. If you truly want a challenge, gear your character and apply to a raiding guild. Otherwise, be content with what you have.

Also, BC was not harder than MoP or any other expansion. Maybe heroic 5 mans initially, but once you were raid geared, they were a joke. The raids were simplistic and easy as well. Take off rose tinted glasses.
    Last edited by Brakthir; 2013-07-04 at 07:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brakthir View Post
    Hah, what? Game is too easy? Like many others have said, have you even tried current heroic raiding? If not, this thread is moot.
    Repeating a previously dismantled argument doesn't help the discussion at all.

Repeating a previously dismantled argument doesn't help the discussion at all.
    Neither do the multitude of irrational, poorly thought out and flatly unworkable "ideas" that have been posted.

Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    I was browsing through another thread here that was all about how the game is "too easy" now. It made some good points but didn't really offer any insight in how they should put some difficulty back into the game.

First I think you have to define difficulty. For some people it means inaccessibility, for others it means having their actual gameplay skills pushed to the limit, and still others consider it a matter of time and effort. Is it a combination of the three or some variation on them?

So tell me how you define difficulty in World of Warcraft, then say what you would do to turn it up a notch.

For me I think it's about gameplay skills. I've been wanting something like Proving Grounds and/or Brawler's Guild for a long time and I think it will be a great way to really test that. But it's certainly not the only thing that adds challenge to the game.
    Well, WoW have a REALLY hard content already.If you guys are good enough just to reach the "EASY STUFF", well... It's not really a problem with the game.